Reviews for Animals Like Us Belong In the Black
lizziebug chapter 33 . 5/20/2013
This is a great story. Ignore the review where the reader just skips over parts- sounds like the kind of person who just reads the end of the book because s/he doesn't want to take the time to read the whole thing. Those of us who enjoy the journey over the destination are loving this story! Please keep up the good work.
AngelBloodLust chapter 33 . 5/20/2013
I love reading your story and I feel for you. I also write and I understand how hard it is to follow a plot while still getting to the interactions of the characters. I love the story so far and I can't wait for you to write more.
stef chapter 33 . 5/19/2013
I don't skip. Like reading the whole chapter to see what changes from the original story line.
scpeede chapter 33 . 5/18/2013
I don't think you should stop posting. If you like writing and posting, you should continue to do so (That only has a small bit to do with the fact that if you stopped posting this story I'd be absolutely broken-hearted, but mostly not). I didn't post my first chapter because I wanted somebody to read it. In all honesty, I didn't expect anyone to read it, let alone review. I did it for me and me alone. Just something to think about.
On another note, I don't mind all the inter-character relations. I totally get character-based stories (it's my style too, after all) and I know how they can completely screw up the plot you had in mind. It sucks. Of course some episodes will be solved a little different. At this point in the story (what with certain changes to certain characters), I'd be really disappointed if they weren't. It'd be weird. The characters are going to do what the characters are going to do, regardless of the direction we want them to go in.
So don't let it get to you and continue doing what you do so well.
Tempest S chapter 33 . 5/18/2013
I enjoy all your chapters. If it bored me, I'd just skip the part that seemed boring but since it doesn't, I don't skip parts. Just because one person found it boring doesn't mean anything. You can't please everyone. Not even the biggest books or movies pleased everyone. While many people love Twilight, I find it very irritating. While I like Star Wars Episodes 4-6, I'm not a big fan of 1-3. Vader is so much cooler than Anikan. The point is, not everyone is going to like it but that doesn't mean no one does. Different opinions and different tastes.
aszecsei chapter 33 . 5/18/2013
Your fic is my favorite that's regularly updated right now, precisely because of the "extraneous" interaction. Some people just want the 500 words per chapter crap, I guess.

Not involving the fic, though, the new Riddick looks to be so awesome! Going back to its horror roots instead of the space-opera aspect of Chronicles...I like this :D Plus, y'know, Katee Sackhoff improves the anticipated quality by at least 20%.
Rachet chapter 33 . 5/18/2013
I've been meaning to tell you I love what you are doing with Jayne. Keep up the great work.
Kail Blade chapter 33 . 5/18/2013
I like your story, but I must admit I skim read the lime/lemon stuff. Just not interested in reading sex scenes. Like the main story though and the character development is awesome.
sxevlbtch chapter 33 . 5/18/2013
I love this chapter! I can't wait to see how Saffron makes a play for Riddick and how River hands her ass to her.

As to your other concern regarding the structure of the chapters, I can see why someone would say that, but I do enjoy the added insight to their relationship. You can't please everyone.
guineverekay chapter 33 . 5/18/2013
I finally registered, I used to review under the name Guin.

Anyway, I love this story and it will break my heart if you stop posting it. The relationships are my favorite part. Not only do I read every word, but I sometimes go back and re-read...just because.

This chapter was great. I love how River and Riddick were on to Saffron from the very beginning and that no one doubted them. Oh, and it was a nice touch to have River communicate with Jayne using Ruby's sign language. It's the little things that catch my attention and make me happy :)

As always, looking forward to the next chapter.
Irishbrneyes chapter 33 . 5/18/2013
Please! In the name of Book's dear and fluffy lord I beg you; please do not stop posting! I love this story exactly how you write it. I know how you feel. I have a story on fanfic that I started...last posting was August of last year. I got discouraged by a favorite author of mine that my muse left me. Luckily I've gotten encouragement to continue, and will be doing so. Again I say, please don't stop posting cause of what was said in a review. Please continue cause I want to see what happens between Riddick and River, Mal and Shazza, Jayne and his Sweetie! PLEASE DO NOT STOP! Thank you! ;-)(-;
ZeroK and Angel chapter 32 . 5/15/2013
I have been enjoying much of this story, but for awhile now it feels as if three quarters of most chapters can be skipped and you really don't loose anything. Most of the Riddick/River scenes just drag and really don't seem pertinent, but maybe it's just me. This review is in no way attempting to get you to change writing style as it is quite good and we all have our own unique style, just it is not for me.
I really hate to leave a bad review for a story that is overall quite good, but at this point I think I simply need to stop following this one. Best of luck with this one, as it is one of the best Riddick/Firefly crossovers I've encountered.
R Coots chapter 32 . 5/14/2013
Hmmm. Animal. Now I have to go back and pick out the parts where the animal is at the fore. Haven't been paying much attention. Looks like things are about to get the bloody sort of interesting again. Looking forward to it!
hideher chapter 32 . 5/14/2013
Feel better soon. Great chapter. Loved that the animal was out to play.
Irishbrneyes chapter 32 . 5/14/2013
Wow...be still my beating heart! That was hot! Very nice chapter even if there wasn't a whole lot o' plot. Can't wait to see what happens withsaffron. More soon! Please? ;-)
395 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »