Reviews for Animals Like Us Belong In the Black
Strat545 chapter 41 . 7/6/2013
I think the horseshoe/nail thing is a reference to the whole; for lack of a nail the horseshoe was lost, for lack of a horseshoe the horse was lost, for lack of a horse the message was lost, for lack of a message the war was lost. Don't think those are the exact words but yeah. Stories coming along really well, being a huge fan of both firefly/serenity and Riddick, I have to say that everyone's personalities are pretty dead on. I personally feel that Mal would be a bit more aggressive about getting facts from river and riddick when he is angry at them. Keep up the good work
PerverseLeigh chapter 41 . 7/6/2013
"For want of a nail" rimes were spoken centuries before they were written. Benjamin Franklin was fond of it, variegating it to suit the needs of his writing; but several authors, from Russian poets to comic book writers have been known to use it to illustrate the point that every great work rests on the use of small things. Occasionally the premise is used in 'butterfly effect' tropes, as well.

I'm glad that you didn't gloss over the bits where R & R weren't conscious. Though, I was hoping that Shazza might get to bang a couple heads together _ Oh, well... Maybe next time?

I'll be waiting to see what Mal has to say to them, when they're ready to fight again. (Coz we all know he'll wait til their well to get into that pissing match.)
gster391 chapter 41 . 7/6/2013
I would guess you're referring to "for want of a nail, there was no horseshoe...and so the kingdom fell". Anyways, thanks for updating. I'm gonna go swear at a wall, I predicted Riddick would be the only one shot but River would go a little crazy from that, but ah well. Hope to see more soon.
PerverseLeigh chapter 37 . 7/6/2013
Haha! I had to look up the French, but... Flower of Fury is awesome!
Onewholistens chapter 41 . 7/6/2013
For Want of a Nail
For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.
or in this case a catalyzer, where a little neglect, bred river and Riddick mischief.
PerverseLeigh chapter 33 . 7/5/2013
I usually don't comment when I'm catching up (and obviously there's a lot of catching up yet to do,) but I just wanted to say that I like that you have a couple of good keynotes to this story. It's not just erotica or a re-write of the series. If I'm in the mood, I can read the interpersonal stuff; if not, I can just skip ahead a bit.
The whole story does speak to the more primal aspects of my nature. Thanks for writing it.
Chisza chapter 41 . 7/5/2013
Nice. I like the Jayne POV on the wrap up. Bet Mal's gonna have something to say about his take charge attitude..and River and Riddick. Kinda happy they got shot. Nice to know they're not infallable and can be outgunned. Course, that's cause I'm just plain not happy unless the main characters are wading through hell with a sixty pound rucksack strapped to their back, but hey. That's me :) The recovery period is gonna be interesting. Wonderng what your take will be on Ariel, since River's pretty much functional. Hmmm...Looking forward to the next chap!
I'm Yu chapter 41 . 7/4/2013
I'm looking forward to seeing the crew's reactions to how the Tams and Riddick know Shazza-possible chance of jealous kaylee? Or do you have other plans in the works?
Rachet chapter 41 . 7/4/2013
I didn't get the mail in the horse shoe but let my know. I'd like to check it out. The Grey Council bit also reminded me of the end of the Dark Knight. Ty.
Talon5Krrde chapter 37 . 7/1/2013
"Over and out," Wash's voice declared and the transmitter went silent.
'Over and Out' - means, "It is your turn to talk, but I am not listening."
'Out' - means, "Radio conversation over."
Chisza chapter 40 . 6/28/2013
This was interesting. I like the addition of the scrubbers (why did the crew never think of that in the first place?) and the change of pace from some of the poetry makes things a little clearer. I like the poetry, I just have to do some translation sometimes. Not good when I'm reading at midnight. My brain doesn't work so well then. :)
Rachet chapter 40 . 6/27/2013
Loved the quoats in this one.
Irishbrneyes chapter 40 . 6/26/2013
Still lovin' this! Cannot wait to see what you've got planned. And by the way... I could never hate what you have planned. This, my dear, is your baby. Have fun writin' it, and I'll have fun readin' it! ;-)
katikat1703 chapter 39 . 6/25/2013
omg. wow I started this and then couldn't stop. more please
Irishbrneyes chapter 39 . 6/25/2013
Great job once again my dear! Every time I read a new chapter I get blown away by your writing and imagination. Kudos! Also, I'm gonna take a stab at guessing what Riddick and River will do. I'm thinkin' they'll be the ones to stay aboard. Am I close? Can't wait for more...you already know I will. ;-)
491 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »