Reviews for Sacrifice
darkorangecat chapter 9 . 3/10/2013
I like how the end brings us right up to the opening of the show. Nicely done.
Evil Cosmic Triplets chapter 9 . 3/10/2013
It was good to see that Bill was okay. I was kind of wondering about him. It's nice how you've brought Dean from the hospital and to Bobby's and then to the start of the show. The disjointed nature of this piece, skipping and jumping in time, really keeps us tied to what's going on in Dean's head. Nice writing device.
darkorangecat chapter 8 . 3/10/2013
I liked the mix of humor, heartache, worry, and tension in this chapter. Bobby stepping up to the plate when he found out that John had used Dean as bait was perfect. Dean's question to Bobby about why his dad would use him like that is moving. Excellent work.
Evil Cosmic Triplets chapter 8 . 3/10/2013
I really liked this line: "I don't know what to say to that. Bobby's been savin' my lifeā€¦.my whole life." So true to Bobby. It's sad that John isn't more of a father to Dean and Sammy.
darkorangecat chapter 7 . 3/9/2013
Dean's confusion comes across very clearly and poignantly in this chapter. I like that Bobby is there, and, that when Dean hears Bobby tell John that his son is in serious condition, Dean immediately thinks of Sammy. I apologize for making a mistake in my previous review (I wish I could edit...); in which I meant to say that it was in keeping with Dean's character to always be thinking about his baby brother. I am really enjoying this story, and I like the style of writing that you've chosen for it.
darkorangecat chapter 6 . 3/9/2013
I like how Dean is looking for his father in all of this. It's sad that his dad is so absent, and that he is still thinking about his little brother, trying to keep him safe. That is so very Sammy.
darkorangecat chapter 5 . 3/9/2013
Powerful use of repitition and disjointed thoughts. I love the emotion that this evokes. Awesome work.
Evil Cosmic Triplets chapter 7 . 3/9/2013
Very moving writing. I feel so badly for Dean and his muddled state-of-mind. I like how you're writing and look forward to reading more.
Evil Cosmic Triplets chapter 6 . 2/26/2013
Powerful and sad at the end. Looking forward to seeing how Dean fares and if he will survive. I hope he will survive.
Evil Cosmic Triplets chapter 5 . 2/14/2013
Awesome chapter. The disjointed thoughts and repeated elements really built a sense of panic and fear. Nicely done.
darkorangecat chapter 4 . 1/19/2013
Excellent writing, you've got Dean down to a tee, and Bobby as well. I like how Dean was distracted by the waitress and pie as well, and how he ended up getting the girl, and then, leaving the reader with a cliffhanger worked really well. Looking forward to reading more.
darkorangecat chapter 3 . 1/15/2013
I really like the last few lines, as well as this:"I can't catch my breath right now; probably shouldn't try talking. What's with this mental disconnect? I can feel my body having this fucking breakdown and having trouble breathing, but I'm still, like, being all analytical about it. That can't be normal. Shouldn't I be freaking out more? Is this what an out-of-body experience is like? God, that's a lot of useless thoughts. Come on, stupid, breathe. Deep breath in, hold it, let it out. Rinse and repeat. You remember this shit, lungs. Great, now I have the hiccups. That's real sexy. Note to self: no more fucking ipecac. EVER." - because it's something that is relate-able and you've captured that kind of disconnect from the emotions with the analysis perfectly. (I hope that I made sense just now).

Loving this.
darkorangecat chapter 2 . 1/15/2013
Love the suspense in this chapter, and how Dean's method of fitting in is really making him ill. This has me on the edge of my seat, worried for Dean, and also looking forward to seeing what will happen when Bobby arrives.
darkorangecat chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
I don't generally 'like' first person point-of-view stories in fan fiction, but this is really well done, and it is clearly Dean, as opposed to a writer inserting him or herself into the character's shoes. The setting is solid, and the characterization is spot-on. In particular, I really like this line: "He looks at me with one of those fatherly stares Dad never quite got the hang of." - because that kind of sets Bill up to be an almost father figure for Dean. The pointing out of the battle scars that Dean has from demon hunting, is also rather poignant. I'm eager to read more.
tvj12 chapter 2 . 12/9/2012
I really like how you are telling this story. Your character Bill is pretty great, and I like the interaction you have between him and Dean. -tvj12