Reviews for The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore
I actually cried. This is so indescribably beautiful and very, harshly real - You are an amazing, incredible author and I thank you for this lovely work and your existence.
this-bright-eyed-soul chapter 8 . 12/28/2014
Oh gosh this is so so wonderful there are no words for how wonderful this story is. I cried and I smiled and I was affected by this story ENTIRELY and it made me feel SO MANY emotions. I thank you for writing this, even though you did not do so to please me. You must have pleased a great deal of others with your magnificent writing, you truly are incredible. THIS is incredible. I shall always keep it close to my heart. Not always remembered, but always there. In my story favourites... WONDERFUL
Jordan Evol chapter 8 . 3/29/2014
Wow! This is by far the best (and longest) ad/gg fanfic I've read! Beautiful writing!
Name Sei-kun chapter 8 . 3/9/2014
Hello, lilysxx!
I've read your fiction, and I like it. Would you mind if I translate your fic into Vietnamese?
Tigercard chapter 8 . 10/24/2013
Jesus Christ I'm sobbing. This is a masterpiece,so beautiful. "Somewhere in King's Cross, the two board a train. And go on" OH. MY. GOD. It's sweet, but yet so damn sad! There story's over in this world.
salted-democratic-mustache chapter 8 . 9/25/2013
This is absolutely beautiful and I totally think of it as canon.
DAIrinchan chapter 2 . 8/20/2013
"...even his friend Nicholas was intent on perfecting the art of Alchemy." You know Nicholas Flamel was born in the 13th century, right? By the time Dumbledore came around, he'd have long since succeeded in making the Philosopher's Stone. Even in the first HP book, they gave his age as over 600 – much older than Dumbledore. This chapter makes it sound as if he were still trying to figure it out.
Otherwise i've loved this story so far!
Guest chapter 8 . 7/6/2013
The title should be 'When a Hurricane Meets a Cyclone. ' The story is only about a particular phase in Albus Dumbledore 's life, not his entire one. Nice!
FairyDust353 chapter 8 . 5/6/2013
This is such a beautiful story of love and loss. You did a wonderful job of expressing both the glorious, un-shattering miracle of true love and the horrifying truth of loss.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/31/2013
i loved it.
Morgan chapter 8 . 3/7/2013
Wow. This story just completely hit the spot. That sounds odd, but it was just what I was looking for. It was brilliant and bittersweet and has just left me incoherent. I love this story, you can just feel everything Albus feels and it's spectacular and awful. I can see this being canon, even, and everyone seemed really well characterized. I loved Gellert's realization that the world needed Albus far more than he did. It's just perfection, I can't thank you enough for this story.
Zhenzhen87 chapter 8 . 2/20/2013
This was so sad but it was truly amazing.
Redwoobacca chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
ohmygosh. I love love love this story. You really captured the essence of Dumbledore's and Grindelwald's relationship very well. I forget what all is canon in the books (I haven't read Deathly Hallows in over a year.. that will be rectified very soon) but nonetheless, this is a very believable account of what may have happened. I love how you expanded on Dumbledore's relationship with Grindelwald and made it a romantic one. All in all, a beautiful story! Words cannot describe how much this story resonated with me. I can't stop daydreaming about it and I read it two days ago! Very human and passionate. You DEFINITELY have the emotional appeal nailed. This is one of the best (if not THE best) Harry Potter fanfictions I've read to date. Thank you for writing this C:
CassFrea chapter 8 . 2/3/2013
My God that was beautiful :') I cannot express enough how absolutley amazing this was. You made Albus and Gellert more than just fictional characters in this, and you captured J.K. Rowling's essence of stories that really stick with you. This story is as good as the Harry Potter series itself! It is just truly, undeniably amazing. I can't believe it's the end :'( but still, although the story ended sadly and left a hole in my chest like when you finish a good book or series, this is the best fanfiction I've ever read.
Etherealness chapter 7 . 2/3/2013
This is really good. Great vocabulary range you got here. Just remember that lightyear is an unit for distance, not time.