Reviews for My enemy's enemy
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
That's really awesome! I really wish we could see something like this on the show, and it'll be a pity if they decide otherwise.
I love the fact that Lisbon manages to outsmart Jane for once, and that Lorelei can se she's telling the truth. It must be really a nice change for her to deal with Lisbon instead of manipulative men who just want to use her one way or another.
Kudos on you for writing such an interesting dinamic between those two characters!
Here are my favorite parts:
***
Lisbon leaned back in her chair and told the truth, or an abbreviated version of it. "I tried to think of what I'd do, if I was trying to avoid the police, and Patrick Jane."
"The second one's trickier," Lorelei said. "No offence."
"None taken," Lisbon assured her. "There's a reason I'm allowed to work with him."
***
"What's the good of catching one monster if you create another in the process?" Lisbon asked, her tone full of conviction.
***
Lorelei Martins may not have been in love with Jane, but Lisbon was fairly confident the woman was fond of him. He had that effect on people. But she was also frightened of him, in a way. "Here's what I think. I think that you don't want to get caught up with him. You said it yourself, Jane and Red John are very much alike. I think that, having been involved with one of them, you don't want to move from one powerful, manipulative man to another. And I think you know exactly what this obsessive quest for Red John could end up doing to Jane."
***
"You don't want me," Lorelei said, her voice surprised. It shouldn't have felt as good as it did.
***
Lisbon looked almost amused by the question. "As I understand it, the most serious charges against you revolve around your association to Red John, and that pesky little matter of plotting to kill a law enforcement professional. CBI Agent, I believe. Now, what was her name…"
"Very funny." Lorelei groused, finding herself smiling anyway.
***
Lorelei smirked, deciding to enjoy dropping a little bombshell. "Actually, you've met him too."
Lisbon sighed. "I was afraid of that."
***
Lorelei smiled a knowing smile. If she was going to do this, she was at least going to have a little fun. "You said you wouldn't lie to me. Do you love him?"
Lisbon stalled. "I don't want to watch him become a monster."
"I don't either, now that I think about it. I like Patrick. He's not so bad, and he has potential to be better," Lorelei admitted easily. "I don't love him."
***
Lorelei smiled. Ah. There it was. Interesting. In a way, she really was a terrible liar. "Teresa…"
"I don't know," Lisbon answered eventually.
"He loves you," Lorelei told the other woman. Of that she was sure. After all, she'd seen Jane's face when she'd asked him to kill his boss.
***
"Maybe it'll mean he hates me more," Lisbon countered. She knew there would be hell to pay when Jane found out she'd gone behind his back on something related to Red John. She told herself she didn't care.
"Well," Lorelei said with a wry grin. "Let's find out."
oncomingtragedy chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Oh, please, please continue this. Please. This was absolutely wonderful, and now I wish they'd have actually taken this route. Or that they do take this route, which they won't but this... This is brillaince. This is what we'd all like to see from Lisbon, and you nailed it.

Any chance at all of a continuation? :3
OSP chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this story! Please consider pursuing this in a multi-chapter arc. I echo cocunuthorse about how Lisbon and her team are merely the clean up crew for Jane. I'd like to see this story played out with the entire team using their skills and training. Let me know who I need to threaten or cajole to get you to keep writing! :)

OSP
sarah hobbit chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Great story! It would definitely be kind of awesome. Nice to see the reasoning behind their actions too, sometimes that isnt so definitive.
kakashifangrl1012 chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
This needs to happen! This needs to happen immediately! This would solve so many problems! Plus we get to see more of Lisbon's awesome side, and even the possibility of her actually getting one up on Jane. Great job!
forevercontradicting chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
I really enjoyed the exchange between the woman, so many times they're written like at any moment a cat fight will break out. I also enjoyed the strong roles and plausiblish story line!
Frogster chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
I'm so sorry I haven't reviewed this before now! I actually read this last night on my phone right when I got the email, but I don't like typing reviews on my phone-too long.

I liked this! First, thanks for writing this for me. The prompt totally came to me out of the blue, but I like it. Makes an interesting "what if" scenario.

Loved how Lisbon had the situation in hand the whole time (as if she wouldn't) but wasn't mean about it. And I loved that she was going behind Jane's back. (Would you consider writing a follow up that tells what happens when Jane finds out?) I think Teresa's learned a lot from the master manipulator in their time working together. ;)

Loved that Lisbon was doing this to (hopefully) keep Jane from doing what he's wanted to do all along. I think it's a good idea. It's not strictly by the book, but it's not up to Jane's outlandish standards.

Loved the line where Lisbon said she was sorry she'd met Lorelei's mother. That woman was a piece of work.

Loved Lisbon saying that maybe Jane doesn't know what he needs. Love when that side of her kicks in.

Lisbon thinking of how she would evade Patrick Jane in order to find Lorelei. _ And I agree with Lorelei, it would be much harder to evade Jane than the police. (Except for maybe Lisbon...)

Loved how Lorelei asked if Lisbon loved Jane. Aww. Love it when Jisbon sneaks in there, even if it's one-sided. And Lorelei thinks that Jane loves Lisbon. (Can we find out if that's true soon?!) Love how Lisbon's protective side comes out when it comes to Jane. She's on a mission to save him. And if anyone can, it's her.

Thank you again! (And I will again repeat my request for a follow-up where Jane learns of Lisbon's going behind his back...)

It would be awesome. More Lisbon-centric. We don't get to see her awesomeness as much as we'd like. (Although last night's end scene was just fantastic.)

Please write more soon!
Idan chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
This was awesome! Great dialogue, especially "Maybe he thinks he does." Would love to know what happened next (hint, hint). :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
loved it!

any chance of continuing it?
All-I-need chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Oh, this is brilliant!

I love take-charge Lisbon, especially when coppled with badass I'll-screw-you-over-and-make-you-like-it Lisbon. Wonderful how she played Lorelei! Jane would be green with envy if he knew - and probably think it was hot, too. Except that it's Lorelei, so of course he won't like it one bit. Great.

This was definitely a very interesting scene to read, thank you for that!
Chiisana Minako chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
It had been a long while since I had read something that didn't have Jane and Lisbon on the characters description. But this was great. Unexpected, interesting. I loved how clever Lisbon was, as well as straight with Lorelai. Sounds like an approach she would get convinced by. And the last bit was amusing, and given Lorelai has mentioned the love issue to Jane before, it turned out totally IC.

Despite the underlying, potential angst for the future, I really enjoyed reading this. And as you, I think it'd be so cool if it happened, even if it probably won't..
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
I would be the best thing ever if this really happened on the show. I LOVE this scenario!

And I must admit, even though you have it as a oneshot I would really like to see a continuation. I think that an interesting relationship (friendship?) could develop between Lisbon and Lorelei. Also I'd be curious about how it plays out and Jane's reaction...

Anyway, in short I loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Well done! The tension is there all the time and none of them sounds naive or too obvious. Hope the writers could come with something as creative as this.
Water-please chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
You're right, that would be awesome! Jane would go ballistic (despite his disdain for guns, hehe), perhaps refuse to talk to Lisbon for a while, but in the end, he'd forgive her. I believe that.

Very well written, and very much in character IMHO.
Mossi.b chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
I would LOVE to see this filmed, but as you say, unlikely!

Great and believable dialogue...and good story line.
39 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »