Reviews for Heartbeat Slowing Down
snacklish chapter 16 . 10/9
I so wish this was still being updated. Of all the OUAT ff I've read, this is truly one of the best. Original story and still so many questions to be answered! Biggest plus-the characters are really true to the spirit of the characters on the show. None of them are out of character. I finished it and then immediately started rereading it (thank you PDFs and Kindles).

Note: There are some grammatical errors, but nothing that detracts at all from the story.
tripnfallbri chapter 16 . 5/10
I know you haven’t updated this story in a very long time, but I just wanted to let you know that I stumbled upon it yesterday and have not been able to stop reading it! I love it so much, I’ve already gone back and re-read my favorite parts, multiple times.

You’ve done such a good job of weaving this story of adventure, angst, and love. I love the dynamic that Killian and Emma have and how you really conveyed that they had a special connection even from the very beginning. I loved how in the beginning, Emma was always besting him (knocking him out as he’s concerned for her safety, getting free on her own) and how Killian was always saving her. I really loved the line about Hook being the one leaving her but without fail, Killian was always the one to come back for. The banter they’ve shared throughout the story cracks me up.

I also feel like you’ve captured their strong personalities from the show really well but also injected your own creative liberties that make sense since they’re in a different time and environment than in the show! Emma is just as feisty as she is in canon, but she’s also younger and grown up with both of her parents.

You wrote Emma’s feelings of betrayal and lingering resentment and guardedness from Luke’s betrayal and how it affected her relationship with Killian so well. When he knocked her out and left her in the house I could feel Emma’s betrayal and how heartbreaking it was for her.

I was completely shocked at the turn of events when it was revealed that Regina was lying the whole time and Luke was still alive! I think that’s what I love about your stories so much though. You keep us on our toes! You wrote her dilemma so well, that just like Emma, I didn’t know how to feel. Those three years thinking that your true love has betrayed you can really harden you as a person and shape your actions. Then to have things completely turned on you and find out that you weren’t actually betrayed is emotionally draining.

I really enjoyed reading Emma and Killian's fluffier, happier moments before the shit hit the fan. Their love is so passionate. That cliffhanger killed me though! I have to find out what happens next. What's going to happen to Emma's kingdom, the rest of the Enchanted Forest, and her parents. What's going to happen to poor Killian back in Oz? Gah, I know it's a long stretch, but i would totally geek out if you ended up finishing this story! It's probably one of my favorite fics on this site! You're an amazing writer.
Summerfall chapter 16 . 12/26/2014
Hi Amy,
Just want you to know what a wonderful, amazing, brilliant, fantastic, awesome story this is! You've balanced the storyline perfectly and you've got me hooked. I know it's been over a year but please please PLEASE, don't give up on this story. It sounds like you have everything mapped out and I'm hoping with all my heart that you will update soon.

P.S. Merry Christmas!
Chlollie chapter 15 . 12/24/2014
hope for more of this
Chlollie chapter 16 . 10/26/2014
i really like this story. i hope u continue it. love to see more.
BellaMarieSwan112 chapter 16 . 10/23/2014
I love this story! When are you going to update it? you cant just have such an amazing story and not update it! Please update!
Haley Renee chapter 16 . 10/16/2014
This story is so amazing! I hope you update this!
primadonna001 chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
I LOVE this. Please keep updating
The Other One 7721 chapter 16 . 1/26/2014
It was cruel to finish at such an intense part and never update! I know so much has changed in the show since this story was published, but it is really good. I hope you one day update it again.
FallenOutTheWindow chapter 16 . 12/2/2013
Please for the love of Captain Swan update this. A beautiful piece, well written and an original take on the No Curse/AU.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
PLEASE UPDATE! I love this story. That cliffhanger why? I need to know what happens!
Guest chapter 16 . 10/22/2013
Please write more! Really love this story!
Demitea chapter 16 . 10/21/2013
Omg its been ages since you updated and I am in love with this story! Please update this soon! You left it on such a huge cliffy! Love this, can't wait for more :)
lizdarcy1813 chapter 16 . 10/2/2013
Missing you here, I hope you update soon!
Jbirds212 chapter 16 . 10/2/2013
awwwww c'mon! please. please write more!