Reviews for A Sithmas Carol
DarkJediJade chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
A giddy Palpatine- what an image! I love it! XD

"It's not as if you would be able to tell much of a difference when his face melted anyway."

As such a pragmatic man.

I also love the little note about Isard at the end.

You did fantastic with this whole fic! That you managed to blend Star Wars canon and Dickens style along with the sotry of A Christmas Carol so well impresses me a lot. You are an awesome writer and you have really outdone yourself on this. Kudos! :D

And Merry Christmas! :D
DarkJediJade chapter 4 . 12/23/2012
I really enjoyed this chapter!

"Perhaps Iceheart will need comforting during this terrible time of loss," said the obese man. "I've been told I look hideous and disgusting and saggy by my wife on several occasions. I'm just her type!"

Ouch! But it made me giggle.

I love how you wait til the end of the chapter to reveal the final spirit as Palpatine himself. Good job! :D
Yodaman chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
I LOVED IT!
Congratulations on finishing, I'm so happy you did :)
Guest chapter 4 . 12/23/2012
Woah, I really didn't expect this sort of scene as the last confrontation, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love every minute of it!

Well done!
Can't wait to see how it ends!
Darth Lawyer chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
"Hoth chocolate" sounds interesting. ;)

Your version of Yoda is very wise, more so than in the films. Him advising Sidious on what mistakes not to make in his quest for power if he doesn't want to fail is hilarious, and might actually be effective... for a while. Only for a while.

/he is just scared we might discover something corrupt- embezzlement or tax surfing or something equally as typical/

Nothing so trivial, Master Fisto! Though I'm not sure what "tax surfing" is.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
This is really good
Update soon :)
LoveMeTender chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
You are one of my most favorite authors on this site. My favorite one who writes for Palpatine.
I'm so sorry I've never reviewed any of your stories before, but this is just fabulous.
I've been reading it out loud to my roommate and we both just love it. It's made our Christmas that much better.

Thank you!
Update soon.
DarkJediJade chapter 3 . 12/19/2012
I think this is your best chapter yet!

"No, what greeted him was not a giant at all, rather a short, hobbled, green…. Oh, no."

That especially made me smile for some reason. I also enjoyed the description of Palpatine during the game, as well as Sidious's comment about no wonder the Jedi Council never notices anything. :)
Guest chapter 2 . 12/19/2012
RISE! i caught that. padme and palpatine? no!
jadesfire22 chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
This is so cool. This concept could have been really cheesy. But you pull it off well! I love your playing with Dickens' style.
LostMyWonderland chapter 2 . 12/18/2012
Wow this is just so amazing!
I agree whether you had to rush through it or not its fantastic :-)
Please don't stop writing this; it's one of the best Christmas presents I will probably get!
You don't have many Palpatine Christmas stories (that are actually serious and close to cannon).

I say again, BRILLIANT WORK!
Yodaman chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
Even with you rushing through it, it still was phenomenal.
I'm so looking forward to the next chapter!
This is just... amazing.
DarkJediJade chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
"I would gladly request otherwise if I could," she answers.

Should be answered. Sudden tense change.

Otherwise I think you did well! :) I really loved this line especially!

"Nothing. It's just, if I had any real wits about me I would have slaughtered them all this very day, rather than taint the next nine years with their company."

So perfectly Palpy. You've a real talent for blending the story lines quite nicely.
Lunarballet chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Oh my god! Awesome! :)
Darth Lawyer chapter 2 . 12/16/2012
First, some nitpicking: 1) in the third paragraph, last sentence, you switched from first to third person in the same sentence. 2) Missing verb in the fourth paragraph, beginning of the first sentence.

Now about THE scene... I sense denial/self-deception. Too much defensiveness. If it really meant nothing to him, he should have been amused by the memories, not inexplicably furious.

Clever recycling of the "unbearable" line. I always thought there was more behind it - Padmé is extremely stubborn yet that line was enough to change her mind and make her act contrarily to what she believed was right.

How many more chapters are there going to be?

P.S. Still want me to be your lawyer, after what I told you? ;)