Reviews for A Mistake Not Worth Making Twice
FireAngel5683 chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Aw this is amazing
vlbuehle chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Interesting take; you did a good job showing Dean's POV. I think what pissed me off the most about this episode was that Dean crossed a line, in my opinion, using Amelia against Sam after what happened to Jess. There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed, and that was one of them after Jess, after Madison, even after Lisa.

But then I'm rather bitter, and quite possibly done with Supernatural at this point. Too bad, I used to love it.

Nicely written.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
dean is being really selfish this season i hate that everybody is bashing sam what dean did to sam text him about his girlfriend was wrong he put sam in a bad spot did dean ever really think what consequences could be no i hope the brothers reuinite get rid of the vamp he not bobby but dean needs to feel remorse before him and sam can move i don't think sam did not look for dean i think the wrietors have a surprise oh and i hope they kill amelia
CandyCakes chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Thank you! Finally someone understands Dean! I know everyone has their own opinion but it seems that a lot of people thinks that Dean is wrong for trusting Benny. I'm not sure if it's a mistake yet or not but Dean through war with Benny. And people don't take in account how many times Sam has betrayed Dean and he always forgives him! Anyway awesome story and PM if you like to discuss this more!
Heh chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
One sided much? On the other hand, putting all of your eggs in one basket is fool hardy too. Especially considering that the year Benny and Dean were together, Benny needed a way out that only Dean could provide. Would Benny have been so wonderful is Dean was not his only salvation in Purgatory?

Also, how much time have Dean and Benny actually spent together? Oh let's see that would be twice now. Once when Benny called Dean for help and the second time when Benny needed help with Martin and the other vamp.

Yep, that is one best buddy to have there. When Dean and Benny start traveling together and sharing hotel rooms and hunts, then I will like the vamp with the heart of gold.

Did anyone else notice that Benny was looking longingly at Dean's neck when it was bleeding? No, Benny did not feed on Dean then. But if he starts hunting with Dean, will Benny be the one to trust with stitching Dean's wounds?

Just curious.
Spirit Burner AKA Chick Feed chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Liked your take on the strangeness at the mo between Sam & Dean. Loved the way you interprated what's currently going on and considered the difference between the character's motivations, i.e. Selfless verses selfish.
I keep waiting for the big blow out that never comes. It's almost as though Dean is too tired of Sam, his selfishness, his I'm so right attitude etc these days to bother being the mirror that forces Sam to see what a run away douche he's being (again).
I admit it, the writers are making me dislike Sam more and more and want to kick his butt into next week myself!
Chick xx
emmau chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
I think you've captured a lot of Dean's mindset here. Dean is changing, in some very good ways and some that aren't so good. He is becoming his own man, starting to look to himself more than to others, and that's good. He doesn't understand what Sam is going through, any more than Sam understands what he's going through, so he doesn't see why Sam is having the reactions he's having. He is justifably hurt by Sam's actions, as far as I'm concerned, but he isn't really taking time to listen to Sam either (of course, it would help if Sam talked). He is viewing all of their past interactions through that lens now, and he's pulling away to protect himself from feeling rejected when Sam leaves again, at least in my opinion. Poor Dean.

His trust has basically evaporated-he even approached Benny with a machete, expecting to find that he'd broken their trust as well. He can't trust Cas because he isn't reliable, and he can't trust Sam, who's flat out told him he didn't try to find him and he's leaving the moment he can. But Dean is processing, and he's trying to cope the best he can without swallowing all the guilt he can find, which is a step forward for him. He's not going to get everything right, but he is trying.

The only thing I disagree with here is the idea that the killing of Amy should be regretted. She wasn't an innocent-she was an unapologetic murderer of at least four people. While it's unfortunate that she died in front of her son and I do think Dean regrets that, I don't think that he regrets her death, nor should he. Amy proved that she didn't value human life and would kill the moment she felt justified, and she didn't have a right to judge her victims as less deserving of life than her son. Dean gave her victims justice, and I don't think he'd consider that action wrong, even now.

Still, I thought it was an interesting story. Thanks for sharing.