Reviews for Odd Couple
QueenPotatos chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
I don't think Kenshin would have been a stalker if he went after Kaoru after they broke up, but then there the story would have been so much different...so I think that was a good choice XD
As I am a medical student, I completely understand Kaoru's behaviour sometimes you had to make hard choice when you're doing that kind of studies...

Whatever Kenshin's doing, he always has problem with Kenji...poor Kenshin x)

It was a very sweet moment :) maybe a little bit long (cause I've got a lot of work to do and I can't cause I need to finish reading your story first XD)

(Sorry if I'm not really comprehensible...:x)
amie689 chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
I will always love the way you write your stories and the interactions are real and I really love how you wrote Kenji... he's a boy after my mumsy heart :D

I understand chasing plot bunnys can serve as a lubricant as writer's block, but I really don't like how Kenshin just let Kaoru go.. makes him weak.. or that the love they had was not strong enough.. it just doesn't sit well with me as Kenshin's character.

I would strongly push for a stronger factor that prevented him from looking for her... with that reason I don't think you can get away with this being just a one shot now.

I'll trade you for an art piece if you do it... just for motivation. LOL! I hope I'm not being too pushy.. but maybe I am...
hapiflower chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
one of the best one-shots i've read so far...so delighted to see more stories from you...your stories are one of those i read over and over again whenever i feel the mood for some kk romance...they are very well written and has just the right amount of romance, humor, angst and fluff...XD
Rurounimous chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
D'aww, little Kenji the overprotective kid. How adorable! OwO
kodomo kikilala chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Very good!
brainy carrot chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Please write a 2nd chapter or make it into a series of one-shots in this universe. You can do so much with this- their date, Kenji adjusting into having a father all of a sudden, Kenshin moving in (eventually) etc etc.

I like this story. Thank you for writing and sharing it with us. Keep it up :)
kaoruhyunalover chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
cool story pls. update nowwwwww heehe joke -thumbs up-
Azhwi chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Ye-es... I believe that Kaoru would have cut ties. It's her ever-present need to not be a burden, but I think Sano would have dragged the two of them back together sooner than 14 years!

I did enjoy the story though! I really love how close Kenji and Kaoru are. Just fantastic. Well done!
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Loved this because blame is dealt with. Can't say the number of stories in which blame is either never mentioned or blown off right away in cases where the father is kept in the dark about a child. It does happen in real life and I appreciate how you presented it. Also love that this keeps true to the glimpse we have of Kenshin's family in the manga, where Kenji is openly hostile to his father and attached to his mother. Mind you, that was a little glimpse and kids go through phases, but I like how naturally you mirrored that in your fic.

(Real life story of a friend: Guy went out with girl who he knew was flaky with a drug habit. She leaves for California and he hears no more from her. Years pass and out of the blue he gets a call from the state officials that he's listed as father on his now motherless son's birth certificate. Does he want him or will he be sent into state's care? Wah? This friend was near Washington DC and he flies out to California to meet his 3 year old son. Yeah. It really does happen. His son is now 12 and he hasn't been the perfect dad, but he does love him and has help in raising him.)
reylrit chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
i enjoyed reading this one-shot and i liked how it seems real, not overly exaggerated like other cliched, romance stories. but i don't like how kenshin didn't even try to seek kaoru out to ask for the reason for their break up. and finding her after the one-sided breakup is not considered 'stalkerish', in fact, i think it's a rather normal thing to do if he really loves her. but i understand if it's his guilt keeping him from seeking a reconciliation with her. i guess the rurouni side of the kenshin in this one-shot is pretty strong, stronger than the battousai side of him. anyway, i hope u can find greater inspiration to write more stories, u're such a good writer. cheers!
theborderline chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Love your stories! :)
I was OhMyGosh-ing the whole time haha
YumeTakato chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
I really enjoyed it. X3
reader chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Thank you for writing this and sharing it with us! It is a wonderful piece and you have a great writing style.
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3