Reviews for A Face on Every Skull
Choebs chapter 10 . 1/19/2013
I am blown each time how you find these mega little moments from the eps and turn them into something that makes sense in the story. And which actually COULD be real. I am definitely in awe. And you actually have a good story on your hands, very much in character and grammatically correct. Which I find a pleasure to read every time. Thank you! Looking forward to the next chapter.
casket4mytears chapter 10 . 1/18/2013
Gah... this has to be one of my favourite chapters so far. The new context for the way he gets her to break on the stand, Angela's role in it (and I totally believe that Angela helped inform that strategy)... love it. Just what a sick girl needed! Cannot wait to see the fall-out...
Guest chapter 10 . 1/18/2013
Loved it. Would love to see Booth's thoughts on Brennan's smackdown of Micheal Stires after the trial is over. Because that would be his warning on what she could do if Booth pulled a similar stunt again. Never thought that this case is when he began to fall in love with her but it makes sense and I think he may have been sure after he and Cam finally broke up, when they should have broken up earlier.
jmbatt chapter 10 . 1/18/2013
It was eps like this one that showed how valuable Dr. Goodman was to Brennan. He understood her and didn't push her, like Cam sometimes does. (not that Brennan doesn't need or deserve the push at time, but...). I miss Goodman sometimes.
YOu did a very good job of disecting the little details. I'd never caught that guilty look from Angela before, but I went back and watched that scene and I see what you meant by it. Well done!
chosenname chapter 10 . 1/18/2013
That makes so much sense... and at the same time is so much more painful...

Nicely done!
NatesMama chapter 10 . 1/18/2013
I would love to write a coherent review but I'm too busy sobbing.

That was perfection.
razztaztic chapter 10 . 1/18/2013
You know what this chapter did?

It made me forget how annoyed I am with Angela right now, with all of her whining and her "I'm an artist" moaning.

Because she does love Brennan and I can absolutely see this happening. Ergo, ipso facto Colombo Oreo, this is now my head canon.

Lovely.
casket4mytears chapter 9 . 1/12/2013
First, I love that you addressed the contradictory information about Brennan's being taken out my a grandfather, only to act shocked she had grandparents when Max came back into her life. I love the idea of maybe someone along the way saying her story was "too sad", that "there really wasn't a relative?" and filing that information into a lie to push away attention, should someone find out she was in foster care.

Second, Maggie's case and her emotion... breaks my heart. Booth forcing her to fall apart like that was so cruel and yet also necessary, and I suspect the fact she got justice in the end allowed her to excuse Booth's tactics... that one time, anyway. This is why it's so wonderful to go back and rewatch early episodes: they offer new insights in light of what we learn down the road. Knowing that she was locked in a trunk of a car makes Aliens another episode where you sort of gasp at the thought of how bad it must have been to be locked in a car once more.
anonymous.individual chapter 9 . 1/11/2013
Wow. Phenomenal chapter. :)
Guest chapter 9 . 1/11/2013
Loved the chapter and love that episode.
razztaztic chapter 9 . 1/11/2013
Oooh, I love the tease for another chapter!

But this?

""Bones, if I wanted to have my mother nag me, I'd call her.""

That feeds right into my Living Mama Booth nightmares. Ugh. I will not be a happy camper if that's the way HH&Co choose to go, after 8 years of nothing but meatloaf recipes and jingles.
NatesMama chapter 9 . 1/11/2013
*sigh* This is one of my favorite episodes of Bones ever. It tells some of Brennan's past, shows what lengths Booth will go to for justice, shows their mutual respect even after Booth betrays her in the courtroom...it has everything. And you did a great job of showing the context and what was going on in her head...just excellent.
chosenname chapter 8 . 1/9/2013
I am just now catching up on all my Christmas "Break" reading... It has been a treat getting to read the last three chapters back to back. While I love your running story-line , I think it might be possible that H.H. does just have a weird fixation on skulls in women's handbags, lol !

I love how you are taking the aired episodes and fleshing out around them. The reading with Avalon fit so naturally in the timeline... Looking forward to more!
HJ chapter 8 . 1/7/2013
I love this story.
Choebs chapter 8 . 1/7/2013
Love love love this! You're incredible with your knowledge that is on par with the professions of these people, and I am in awe of your mixing with Shakespeare. Sublime. Also, so far, you have the characters down pat! Strong, strong story! Good luck with school and I hope you can update as often as you can.
506 | « Prev Page 1 .. 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 .. Last Next »