Reviews for Ingenious Idiot
I need more! This is amazing! And #2
Exclipcein chapter 16 . 2/24
I love fics where Kirk gets hurt but still is a genius and saves everyone. It is incredibly hard to find them. Your fic was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for writing it! Keep up the great work!
Ali chapter 14 . 2/14
Hey! So I have been following this story for a while now, and I am in love with it tbh. Your writing style is really unique and it's a refreshing change from other fanfic writers(not to put them down or anything) but this story, as well as Rules of a Good Man, are my favorite fanfictions for this fandom I have ever read, and I have read a scary amount. I know you have a life outside of writing so I totally get it that updates are slow and it honestly makes them all the more exciting to read when you do update:) In your authors notes you always say you don't want to disappoint but seriously there is no way that's going to happen because you are an amazing writer! I don't know why I have put off messaging you for so long but yea you're really good at writing so... I await your next update with excitement!:)
Kimichan13 chapter 16 . 2/8
Brilliant
xheartkreuzx chapter 16 . 2/6
You know, I had put off reading this story for years. I always scrolled by it, and would sometimes re-read the first chapter, but I never had made it any further. Not because it wasn't good, I just feared that each chapter would be horribly repetitive. I am extremely pleased to find that I was wrong. Each chapter is brilliantly crafted, so different yet so intertwined. I am in awe of your writing. I do hope that there is a new chapter coming out sometime soon! Thank you for sharing your gift with us.
BlueMoonChaos chapter 8 . 2/2
Couldn't really post this to Chapter 7 since I already reviewed it and forgot to mention this next bit. Just a quick-ish question, when you use the term "weariness" do you actually mean to say "wariness"? To be 'weary' means to be tired, while 'wary' means cautious. People mistake the two of them because they think "weary" (pronounced like "They wear clothes") equates to "wary". Gets confusing because sometimes you can't tell which they mean just from the setting/context alone sometimes, though other times it is very obvious that they meant to say "wariness" or "wary". Depending on the word, the mood of an entire scene/setting could be changed. You could write "He didn't even bother to hide the weariness in his face..." (which means that Jim showed how exhausted/tired he was), but really meant to say "He didn't even bother to hide the wariness in his face..." (meaning he was showing his guardedness/reluctance/caution as to what was going on).
Sorry if I am making a deal out of nothing and you actually meant to say "weariness", it's just that a lot (A LOT) of stories I read on here get the two terms mixed up. Still love the story! Should make a part 2 of Ingenious Idiot; maybe takes place after STID or something, who knows... :)
BlueMoonChaos chapter 16 . 1/27
Absolutely loved the collection of stories! And all your references to my favorite books and movies. Jim's little quips and remarks were great and I loved the crew's reactions to him and his antics. Hope you do more stories or comps like this one, it was really great!
Barker2000 chapter 16 . 1/26
I love this story, I keep reading over and over again. I nearly died, when you signed it off as complete. But thankfully I read your end comments. I think it would be great it the crew could read kirk mind.
Also what about kirks body being trapped, but his mind can go around the enterprise like a ghost. He could play alot of jokes etc.
BlueMoonChaos chapter 7 . 1/25
Absolutely loved the prank war at the end! Actually wouldn't mind reading a collection of dribbles about that sort of stuff going on between Jim and his crew. Maybe even get Pike in on it occasionally... :)
BlueMoonChaos chapter 6 . 1/25
Little James is soooo cute! Wish command crew had more time with him though. Kinda funny, was reaching the end and thought it would be interesting if the command crew met J.T. while planet-side for a survey mission or something. Like, they got into a seriously shitty situation that ended up with J.T. "waking up" and taking control to help them survive until they were rescued. Then you end the story with J.T. literally waking up onboard the ship! Can I get a whoop whoop? But meeting J.T. on a mission would still be very interesting... ;-)
BlueMoonChaos chapter 1 . 1/25
Oh, God! *grabs side in pain* It literally hurts that I'm laughing so damn hard. Loved the story! Can't wait to read the next chapters! :)
whatswiththemustache chapter 7 . 1/24
This chapter was just, wow. The way you wrote J.T. was so cool and totally perfect, and I loved all the crew's reactions. Totally awesome. And the prank war was just another awesome bonus. :D Terrific chapter!
whatswiththemustache chapter 6 . 1/24
OMG...okay, I usually hate, loathe, /detest/ de-aging fics with a passion simply because the characters are still themselves, but not themselves...it's like they're being shown at, not their worst but their simplest, or something, and I can't really explain it but I usually don't like de-aging fics. At. All.
But you did great! I actually read it through even though I saw it was about the de-aging at the top, and it was awesome. You wrote little James amazingly and it didn't ruin anything; the crew's reactions to Jim's childhood with Frank was perfect! And when I read this and at the end, Bones was like 'thirteen!?', I'm totally like 'OMG, I cannot stop reading. O.O'. I just totally loved this chapter, and the next one too! This is a major, gigantic thumbs up. )
whatswiththemustache chapter 5 . 1/24
This one was amazing...so well-written, but no surprise there; but also the topic was so hard to handle, especially with Jim basically being a killing machine, but you did great! It didn't seem over-the-top or eh or anything but terrific. Also loved the touch with Bones' 'prettiness'...I'll be laughing about that for days. ;) Thank you and keep it up! :D
whatswiththemustache chapter 4 . 1/24
Loved this...chinese acrobatics? Not suprised since this is J. T. Kirk we're talking about here. Pure awesomeness!
1,285 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »