Reviews for Ingenious Idiot
bluecrystal angel chapter 12 . 5h ago
wow i love this story :) i have a plot which has been haunting me for a while but unfortunately i'm not talented enough like yourself to make it work i'm not sure if its even any good lol here goes nothing- kirk's command crew i.e bones, uhura, spock ,chekov, sulu and scotty get captured by someone(hadn't worked that out yet maybe a rogue alien organization? kingons? up to you if you like it? ) and kirk has to save them problem being they're not all being kept in the same place in fact they're all scattered through the base and the leader(?) has taken a rather unhealthy interest in both bones and uhura and keeps them close to him at all times also they believe they've incapacitated/killed kirk and whilst his family still hold hope he isn't gone they're starting to lose it as even they can't see how even he could survive what they witnessed (blowing up the enterprise?). I would like to see kirk almost completely lose himself when he sees the damage done to his family and even when they're all back together and all healed up for him to completely put back up his walls and not even bones can reach him any more however for uhura be the one who manages somehow to get through to him and bring him back to his family. not sure if its any good but i would love it if even if you choose not to use it you could give me any pointers on how i could get this story written since i'm completely hopeless myself :P
Lol! This was great! I love the very original adventures you come up with... And the way you show kirk to be kind, loving and a genius - instead of just a lucky ditz.
You have given him an interesting personality, with a dark side and yet many funny lines :)
I can imagine the stories sulu etc will tell about kirk in 30 years.
Thanks for posting this and as always looking forward to the next part :)
Ophelia Lokisdottir chapter 12 . 4/8
You are doing a fantastic job with these so far- I've been reading the chapters all day on my phone and haven't been able to put it down! You have a lot of skill with writing.
KarenF chapter 12 . 4/8
Love this chapter too!
Oh - do write one adventure with the Jim, Spock and Bones together - where Jim hurt, Spock protective and Bones mother-hen mode, stranded somewhere, awaiting for a bunch of protective crews to find ways of locating them! (But of course, Jim has to be a genius while hurt too, contributed in a way that get them to safety...)
DeepWaterBlack chapter 12 . 4/7
Chuckles. I love all of your chapters but I really liked the first ones and your latest chapter 12. I had a good laugh with Jim's crazy adventures and keeping the crew painfully on ther toes. I was slightly crestfallen when there wasn't Bones to give Jim hell for being buried alive and the bomb incident. What I really loved the most are the antics and tenderness between McCoy and Kirk. Laughs. For a moment I could see a slash or mild moments (ahem). Laughs. Oh Bones and his hypospray threats. Never fails to make me laugh. Please continue to create more fun chapters. Cheers from DWB
JazzyAli chapter 12 . 4/5
I'm always so happy to see when this story gets updated. I love the attention to detail and length that you put into your stories, and it's even more impressive to think that you're juggling a crazy life. Keep up the awesome work!
PhantomBowtie chapter 12 . 4/4
I really, really love this set of stories! Brilliant job!
this was great! i love the fact that jim wasnt badly hurt this time and u gave him a rest :D how about drugged loopy jim or fever induced with a mother hen nyota?
ConsultingAngelWarlock chapter 12 . 3/30
I really like these! Like really really like them :) I'd really enjoy something that showcases Jim & Uhura's friendship for the next chapter.
ValerieStone chapter 12 . 3/30
Your chapters have made me feel all kinds of emotions from anger to Frank to laughing like a loon at something Kirk did. I certainly hope you continue with this story and for your next chapter what if they are forced to act Amish or something of the farming sort. Imagine Spock milking a cow, poor cow :). Keep up the good work! And please update soon!
milkysupernova chapter 12 . 3/30
Epic story take long to write like creating masterpiece, I feel ya! I love the story. I don't have any more ideas, but I can think few on spot for good prompts.
Unleash kirk's talent for good flying with string attached like tom Cruise jump from tall building heading towards destination.
Include one of thr pets and compare with other civilian type.
Star trek version of one mini arc of ncis when one of the main believed to be dead but he is alright when leering over beautiful woman, turned out he is finding her father who is unsuccessfully tear away from terrorist occupation over for being scapegoat.
Mccoy can have his own tory, Jim as victim, but have to use his wit get himself involved for vendetta, and being used then drawn close to conflict faster.
Kirsten chapter 12 . 3/30
Well done, this was great! I loved it, as ever!
awesome! thanks for writing this! and good luck with your class. uhura? hmm shes a tricky one. Maybe they beam down to the planet and Kirk manages to pick up the language after a few hours and she cant figure out what the heck they are saying? IDK good luck!
EmeraldEyes01 chapter 12 . 3/29
You made my night to see this update after I got off of work. The Kirk and Spock banter is great! Thanks for writing!

Here's an idea: Kirk is a genius, but he's not known for any musical talent that anybody's heard of. Has anyone heard Uhura sing yet? Remember the episode Miri? This time Uhura's added to the away team. Spock could take a break from away missions? Perhaps they're all a lot better with kids in this timeline? That episode had some whacky scenes. Jim and Uhura actually have some time to work with each other with no one else to act like a buffer. At one point Uhura starts singing to calm all the kids down and maybe Jim joins in? ...and somehow the whole thing gets recorded and played on the Enterprise...
I just LOVE your stories! But I don't mind to wait a bit for next chapters as long as your grades won't suffer.
By the way have you ever thought about posting your stories also at 'Archive Of Our Own'?