Reviews for Ingenious Idiot
aslansphoenix chapter 16 . 7/31
Your story is, as it has always been amazing, (I may have already left a similar review, but I've just re-read the story and still love it). You have made subtle hints at someone in power from Starfleet going after Jim (Kormack? or another figure in league or pulling the puppet strings?). I don't think Spencer is powerful enough to have been the main villain; although that could fit if you don't write anymore. I would love to see this villain actually make their move and see how the good guys save the day - please. Your story is absolutely amazing.
trishy fishy chapter 16 . 7/30
I've only just found this story, because I'm new to this fandom, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. I have to ask one thing, though... Is there anything that Jim isn't allergic to?
MarburyBlur chapter 16 . 7/29
Agh, Kirk is such a badass! He can fight with the best of 'em even without his eyes! Jeez, he's so awesome.
MarburyBlur chapter 15 . 7/29
JIM LOSES HIS MEMORY TO PRE-ACADEMY DAYS! I PICK THAT ONE! WHENEVER YOU CAN UPDATE IS FINE!
MarburyBlur chapter 13 . 7/29
Haha, Elvish! Those two are fucking nerds. And I love it.
MarburyBlur chapter 6 . 7/29
Good. I'm really glad you did both of his personalities.
MarburyBlur chapter 4 . 7/29
The CPR stuff is true. It's estimated that with every minute of doing CPR, the chance of survival goes down 10%, so by 10 minutes, that SHOULD be it (they tell us to continue CPR after 10 mins anyways). But, honestly, this is Kirk. He's going to survive.
MarburyBlur chapter 2 . 7/28
I love how Kirk basically knows how to evaporate.
Delete-account-please-6878249 chapter 16 . 7/10
Very good story loved all the series or one-shorts.
Delete-account-please-6829121 chapter 16 . 7/10
Loved all the stories here great work on them.
Avlon Moon chapter 16 . 7/10
ive literally been spending hours on end reading this. I only recently became a fan of star trek (lol im late i know) & being able to read a fic as great as this one was the jackpot! ;))) loved every bit of it & i cant wait to read more...
Anonymous Reader chapter 16 . 7/6
This story is amazing! I absolutely LOVE it! :) After reading this I really wanted to find a Fanfic that has a similar (because there will never be one the same) portrayal of Jim. Your mix of superhuman-ish abilities and genius is absolutely PERFECT! There are stories where he's one or the other, but rarely do you find one that has both, and definitely not to this degree of awesomeness!
Please, please, PLEASE, update this story relatively soon! It's awesomely PERFECT!
Either prompt is awesome, although I'd probably lean toward prompt 3. But both are cool!

~~AR~~
whatswiththemustache chapter 16 . 7/2
okay, so I'm not sure if I've ever actually reviewed here, because I've been reading and re-reading this story over the course of several years, since before I actually got an account here, so I'm not entirely sure if I did review the /first/ first time I read this. So...I'm someday going to go through your reviews on this (lol, that'll take a while) to see if I did or did not ever review. For now, though, I will just leave a review here, because it's the last chapter and I can summarize my review for the entire story here. So.

This, in short, is my absolute favorite Star Trek fanfiction on this site, or anywhere, to be more specific. It's so so good! You're an amazing writer and are truly terrific at writing characters in-character...in every single situation that you've written about, the characters act exactly as they would if this were actually canon (at least, as I could honestly imagine them acting) and everything is basically perfect. And you're amazing at developing the mood...in situations that are meant to be humorous, I'm laughing my ass off, and in angsty situations, I'm freaking clenching my fists in the intensity of the moment. LOL On your most recent A/N, you said that you weren't sure it was good because of all the emotions, and because you didn't do emotions in real life...well, stop worrying, because if the emotions were portrayed any better here, then everyone would literally break out into tears whenever the characters did...and etc. Just...everything, the characters, the mood, the flow of the writing, and the grammar and spelling (immaculate, if I need even point that out) ...everything is totally amazing. And then you go apologizing for the long length of chapters...um, just so you know, the longer the chapter, the better! That will always be my motto when it comes to this story.

So...yup, I think that'll about get my point across. Your story is totally top notch...and I LOVE it. D It's always so weird to go back through the chapters and see an A/N where you're all like, "was there anything wrong with my last chapter?", when /every single one/ is amazing. So...don't ever doubt yourself. You're fantastic. ) And I shall definitely stick with you on this. :)

Anyway...I hope you update soon! If you're still deciding on which prompt to do, then I shall cast my vote (though both are obviously appealing to me, and I'm 100% sure that whatever you do will be great): I guess I'll go with #3, just because that seems like it'd be both hilarious and angsty...humiliating for Jim, of course, and also for everyone else...seems like a perfect mix of everything. :) But either way, I look forward to your next chapter and hope you get around to it soon! Good luck and keep it up, and thanks a million times for this wonderful story. )

~whatswiththemustache
THESE STORIES ARE AMAZING! You are a great writer. I can't wait for the next update! And I like option #3. :D
This is the chapter that had me from considering of bookmarking it to bookmarking it under "That One Awesome Star Trek Fic That You Never Manage To Find."
GREAT JOB!