Reviews for Ingenious Idiot
BlueMoonChaos chapter 14 . 4/12
Please do a story about Jim losing his memory to before he enlisted at the Academy! Think he'd be a more controlled/mature version of J.T. that was still trying to become "human" again (seeing as Jim/others describe him as being similar to a monster or rabid dog after Tarsus IV). Would be interesting to see how he handled being around the Command crew. Could make a shortish multi-chapter story out of it (maybe little more than 6 or so chapters) where the de-aging or memory-loss (prefer memory-loss, so he would maintain his physique enabling him to be even more lethal than he was back then) occurs during an away mission gone wrong and now they have to somehow survive and make it back to the ship. Probably be helpful to have Bones, Spock, Sulu, and maybe a couple other characters (misc. redshirts or something) along in the away team. Think it would be a cool idea.
MRose5 chapter 16 . 3/29
Read jims mind and please update again I love your story
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 13 . 3/26
This reminds me of the anime Fullmetal Alchemist when Edward got a hole through his lower abdomen too cause by some beam.

And for the record, I absolutely adore this one phrase you wrote on your last chapter "I don't think the blind person should be making any plans. Anyone second me on that? I second me on that. Next."
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 16 . 3/26
Gah, well I'm finally done with the last one shot and I really hope that you're able to make more. I'd understand if you weren't, so thank you so so much for everything. You really did Kirk justice in these last two paragraphs. Hopefully I'll see you on the next update.
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 15 . 3/25
You seriously should watch Star Trek's "The Trouble With Tribbles" episode, it's a gem. Spock's all like "they don't affect me" but by the end of that sentence he was obviously affected. And I would definitely go for another Jim loses his memory again, those are always fun. Thank you for writing these one shots, they give me life. Good luck with school!
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 14 . 3/25
I'm leaning towards the first one too but those other too sounds just as exciting, would you write them too please?

Thank you tons for these stories, they bring a smile to my face and they make me feel both excited and safe, idk they're just like bedtime stories of my favorite hero.
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 10 . 3/23
I just love how Jim is just a purring cat by the end of this chapter and practically vibrating with purrs by the last thought of "Meh. He could worry about that later", everything is made better with your loved ones beside you... except extremely dangerously suicidal missions
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 9 . 3/23
This arc, especially when Jim goes and rips Komack a new one, totally reminds me of the song "Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes. I'd just change the words "Find a home" to "Found a home". And then the part where the song's like "Go back home" remind me of Kirk returning to his crew finally.

Give it a listen sometime.
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 7 . 3/22
Conclusion was also amazing. The prank wars are the best thing ever. Would you ever consider making a fic apart just for those? Would be pretty amusing...
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 6 . 3/22
Oh my god we get to see the persona that Jim wanted his crew to see the very least. Man this such a turning point for the story. I mean sure, he showed flashes of this monster when he needed to but now this is completely out of Jim's control to show his friends just how vicious he can be.
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 2 . 3/22
I also absolutely adore how you represent the Jim from today and the Jim from Tarsus IV as two different entities. And they really are two different people altogether and the way you wrote it and fleshed it out just made my day. And how strong of a grip Jim must have on his feelings to be able to pull back from that personality. To be able to draw upon it when he needs it and lock it down when he doesn't, that must take great mental strength and will.

Just, in general the way you write Jim is as genius as you wanted him to be, and probably more since he's just so full of facets to his personality I can't even articulate how mind blowing this story is.

Thank you for everything. Especially the feels.
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 5 . 3/22
One of the most light-hearted moments of this chapter was when Sulu and Chekov moved behind Spock when Bones threatened everyone and Spock just rose an eyebrow at their though-process of "if i'm behind the Vulcan maybe he'll shield us". And then Spock's nerve to go and say the very same thing that would send everyone into hypo-oblivion... Jim seriously must be glad to have more ingenious idiots on board.
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 4 . 3/22
You know when Sulu told Kirk that he wasn't allowed off the ship it reminded me of this other fanfiction similar to this one where the crew actually made a poster of things that Kirk CAN'T do or isn't allowed to. He isn't allowed planetside without at least 5 security details and one of his command crew. I just find it funny how you paralleled it here.

I have some favorite quotes i wanna mention. Like "Kirk, you don't look so good" and he's like "Lies, I'm always good-looking" and then there was that time when Kirk said "Don't worry, buddy. I'll be over in a jiffy to free you", classic Kirk I just love how he used "jiffy", haven't heard that word used in a while and I just love that silly word. Sounds as silly as tribble.

Calling his crew a load of wet blankets reminds me of a fanfiction or two using that metaphor. You've really done your research.

Can I make a request? There's this one episode from the original Star Trek series where the ship was over-run by tribbles. I'd be pretty happy if you ever wrote a story about that. Man that was one of the funniest episodes of TOS, and I found it so funny when they were falling out of ventilations and a last tribble fell down on Kirk as he was being all commanding about why there were so many tribbles in the first place. They breed like rabbits.

Thank you for these amazing stories they're extremely enjoyable and have just the right amount of hurt!Jim in them. One of these days he'll seriously never even make it to the foreign planet before he gets injured severely.
Capstar98 chapter 16 . 3/18
Aaaahhhhh I love this story so much nvggvghhc... You should know your writings improved over the course of this thing - not that it was ever bad! All the characters have such good connections... Agh I love it. Please update as soon as you can! Xx
BlueMoonChaos chapter 3 . 3/14
Question: what happened to Kevin at the end? Was he just standing around while the others were asking about Jim or had he left the room?
1,302 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »