Reviews for Ingenious Idiot
whatswiththemustache chapter 16 . 7/2
okay, so I'm not sure if I've ever actually reviewed here, because I've been reading and re-reading this story over the course of several years, since before I actually got an account here, so I'm not entirely sure if I did review the /first/ first time I read this. So...I'm someday going to go through your reviews on this (lol, that'll take a while) to see if I did or did not ever review. For now, though, I will just leave a review here, because it's the last chapter and I can summarize my review for the entire story here. So.

This, in short, is my absolute favorite Star Trek fanfiction on this site, or anywhere, to be more specific. It's so so good! You're an amazing writer and are truly terrific at writing characters in-character...in every single situation that you've written about, the characters act exactly as they would if this were actually canon (at least, as I could honestly imagine them acting) and everything is basically perfect. And you're amazing at developing the mood...in situations that are meant to be humorous, I'm laughing my ass off, and in angsty situations, I'm freaking clenching my fists in the intensity of the moment. LOL On your most recent A/N, you said that you weren't sure it was good because of all the emotions, and because you didn't do emotions in real life...well, stop worrying, because if the emotions were portrayed any better here, then everyone would literally break out into tears whenever the characters did...and etc. Just...everything, the characters, the mood, the flow of the writing, and the grammar and spelling (immaculate, if I need even point that out) ...everything is totally amazing. And then you go apologizing for the long length of chapters...um, just so you know, the longer the chapter, the better! That will always be my motto when it comes to this story.

So...yup, I think that'll about get my point across. Your story is totally top notch...and I LOVE it. D It's always so weird to go back through the chapters and see an A/N where you're all like, "was there anything wrong with my last chapter?", when /every single one/ is amazing. So...don't ever doubt yourself. You're fantastic. ) And I shall definitely stick with you on this. :)

Anyway...I hope you update soon! If you're still deciding on which prompt to do, then I shall cast my vote (though both are obviously appealing to me, and I'm 100% sure that whatever you do will be great): I guess I'll go with #3, just because that seems like it'd be both hilarious and angsty...humiliating for Jim, of course, and also for everyone else...seems like a perfect mix of everything. :) But either way, I look forward to your next chapter and hope you get around to it soon! Good luck and keep it up, and thanks a million times for this wonderful story. )

~whatswiththemustache
THESE STORIES ARE AMAZING! You are a great writer. I can't wait for the next update! And I like option #3. :D
This is the chapter that had me from considering of bookmarking it to bookmarking it under "That One Awesome Star Trek Fic That You Never Manage To Find."
GREAT JOB!
Ippon chapter 14 . 6/13
I just love your story
thundy08 chapter 16 . 6/7
AMAZING story! Well done! Looking forward to the next update. #3 sounds like it could be a great story! :)
justadashofsarcasm chapter 9 . 6/2
I can't remember if I've reviewed this story before or not but I think this is my favourite chapter, the de-aged kirk comes in a very close second but everything in this chapter was perfect :) I loved Kirk's rant at Kormack and the fluff at the end between Kirk and Bones makes me want to wrap them both up in bubble wrap and hold them forever!
tanseynz chapter 16 . 5/25
Spectacular series of stories. Had to favourite it!
tanseynz chapter 14 . 5/25
Kirk would be a fantastic father - a husband? Not so sure. She would have to be a fearless woman and call him on his shit, yet cope with his insistent need to put himself in harms way if his family or friends were threatened. That plus living her own life plus being a mother to children probably as injury-bent and intelligent as Kirk could be an impossible dream.
tanseynz chapter 13 . 5/25
Lol elvish! My son learned several dialects of it as a teen, and was really annoying at using it too. Channeling your Kirk, no doubt!
tanseynz chapter 12 . 5/25
Only Kirk could do it!
tanseynz chapter 11 . 5/25
How do you do it so well? I'm transported to wherever Kirk's latest insanity is occurring and simply cannot leave until he's back in his biobed in sickbay being cleaned up yet again. It usually ends that way yet I can't stop reading until then. How do you do it?
tanseynz chapter 10 . 5/25
Double crossing a double crosser. I love it! Hopefully we'll find out who Frank was working for. My bet is Komack, but that'll be another story, right?
tanseynz chapter 8 . 5/25
Spectacular, and pretty scary stuff. Your skills at plotting are amazing. Imo at some point you might consider writing your own fiction or indeed screenplays - you have a real talent for holding readers on the edge.
tanseynz chapter 5 . 5/25
Starfleet REALLY needs to up their game when assessing 'civilisations' as suitable to join, because their expertise seems to be missing, repeatedly.
tanseynz chapter 4 . 5/25
Murphy's Law? That Murphy is a serious overachiever!
1,324 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »