Reviews for Ingenious Idiot
Aurilia chapter 3 . 9/2
Pretty nifty.

One little peeve, however:

Several times thus far, you have used the word "emancipated" when I'm pretty sure you meant "emaciated". "Emancipated" is a synonym for "freed", as in "slaves were emancipated as one of the results of the American Civil War". "Emaciated" is a descriptive indicating a skeletal appearance, usually the result of disease, starvation, or extreme old age.
Aurilia chapter 2 . 9/2
Actually, if you sit down and watch the Original Series, the 'Prime Directive' isn't even obliquely referred to until well into the second season (if I recall correctly, it's mentioned in 'A Piece of the Action'). Prior to that point, the Enterprise had several missions on planets with pre-warp civilizations with nary a word being said regarding not meddling in the 'natural evolution of their societies' (to say nothing of the times the crew - read: Kirk - wound up meddling in Earth's own past). In fact, there was one episode where the Federation and the Klingons were competing for the same backwater and primitive little mudball simply because it had vast dilithium reserves.

It's sorta like how the entire fandom (JJ Abrams included) seems to think Kirk was a womanizer. If ya sit and watch the series, you realize that he only hits on women if he thinks it's of benefit to his ship or crew - otherwise, women just throw themselves at him. There are only a handful of exceptions to this, and those are all actual *relationships*. Now, I can believe the reboot-verse Kirk would be a bit more of the alley-cat fandom likes to think Original!Kirk was simply due to the differences in his life (when we meet him in the '09 movie, he's obviously got some serious issues), but that doesn't change the fact I want to sigh and/or hit something/someone when I see Original!Kirk painted that way. (Sorry - seem to have gotten off on a rant there - didn't mean to!)

Anyway, I'm a second-generation Trekkie - my dad taught me to cuss in Klingon, and Mom taught me Golic (Vulcan). Unfortunately, those don't really win points if you put them on a resume. It's always a pleasure to see new blood in the fandom. Really. (Particularly one who manages to make my inner fangirl squee in supersonic pitches by getting all three of my boys in the same bed.)

On a completely unrelated topic - what I'd like to know is why everyone seems to want to give Cupcake the name of 'Giotto'. Wasn't the actor's name Jason Smith? Then again, 'Smith' isn't very intimidating for a security officer, is it?

Sorry if this is a bit incomprehensible - I've been up for going on thirty hours in an effort to reset my sleep schedule back to a day shift.

Dif-tor heh smusma.
J. Salus chapter 16 . 8/21
Wonderful. Just wonderful.
major-fangirl-in-here17 chapter 16 . 8/21
Oh hi there, I just found this and I have ta say, this story is amazing, and I love Jim's determination to resolve his issues. But a suggestion: what if Jim went mute for a couple of days, and how would the crew react to that?
digimonfan18 chapter 16 . 8/18
I Love this story one of the best hurt Jim and crew friendship stories for star trek that I have read keep up the good work. I have a Story suggestion if you pick this back up I think you should do a chapter regarding Kodos being alive since you left the implication in chapter 3 I believe it was well I hope you continue to write you are talented so keep up the good work
aslansphoenix chapter 16 . 7/31
Your story is, as it has always been amazing, (I may have already left a similar review, but I've just re-read the story and still love it). You have made subtle hints at someone in power from Starfleet going after Jim (Kormack? or another figure in league or pulling the puppet strings?). I don't think Spencer is powerful enough to have been the main villain; although that could fit if you don't write anymore. I would love to see this villain actually make their move and see how the good guys save the day - please. Your story is absolutely amazing.
trishy fishy chapter 16 . 7/30
I've only just found this story, because I'm new to this fandom, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. I have to ask one thing, though... Is there anything that Jim isn't allergic to?
MarburyBlur chapter 16 . 7/29
Agh, Kirk is such a badass! He can fight with the best of 'em even without his eyes! Jeez, he's so awesome.
MarburyBlur chapter 15 . 7/29
JIM LOSES HIS MEMORY TO PRE-ACADEMY DAYS! I PICK THAT ONE! WHENEVER YOU CAN UPDATE IS FINE!
MarburyBlur chapter 13 . 7/29
Haha, Elvish! Those two are fucking nerds. And I love it.
MarburyBlur chapter 6 . 7/29
Good. I'm really glad you did both of his personalities.
MarburyBlur chapter 4 . 7/29
The CPR stuff is true. It's estimated that with every minute of doing CPR, the chance of survival goes down 10%, so by 10 minutes, that SHOULD be it (they tell us to continue CPR after 10 mins anyways). But, honestly, this is Kirk. He's going to survive.
MarburyBlur chapter 2 . 7/28
I love how Kirk basically knows how to evaporate.
Delete-account-please-6878249 chapter 16 . 7/10
Very good story loved all the series or one-shorts.
Delete-account-please-6829121 chapter 16 . 7/10
Loved all the stories here great work on them.
1,341 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »