Reviews for Ingenious Idiot
smilinglizards chapter 17 . 7/10
I absolutely loved every second that I read this. I literally could not put it down. I stayed up late to read it, I read it during meals, road trips, and ignored some conversations to read more. I really admire you with how well you put everything together. all the clever ways and reasonings how you hurt Jim, I could never come up with any of that. and the solutions too! like I would never had thought of tazing and a beating to fix his blindness! and everyone was really in character too. it's really well written. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of this, and anything else you've written for star trek. keep up the good work!
This is amazing...i loved it all
Marcie chapter 17 . 7/5
I keep forgetting how much I love these stories. They are so accurate with the portrayal of all of the characters, especially Jim. I love the relationships that all of the crew has with one another and with Jim. This still remains as my favorite stories out of all the books I have read. Thank you so much for publishing these and please continue to write more!
MOREMOREMOREMORE PLEAAAAAAAASE
Chatterbox chapter 15 . 6/27
You know I found this collection yesterday and well even though I am writing an exam tomorrow I cant bring myself to stop and learn because... ITS SOOO FUCKIN FRIGGIN AWESOME!
I LOOOOOVE the way you manage to show the quirks of one wonderful James Kirk and the way you form these characters and their relationships... I am kinda fangirling your writingstyle ;p Well Im gonna continue swooning and squeaking and giggling or full out laughing or damn near crying while reading this fic (you make me emotional with all those feelings and the love between kirk and his crew and Joanna and Bones and goooooosh!) Soooo PLEASE WRITE MOOORE! This is one if not the best startrekfanfic Ive read so far! PRETTYPRETTYPLEASE with a strawberry on top (and you must know I dont share my strawberrys -that sounded odd- but theyre my favorite fruits so... yeah Im weird I get it... Nevertheless... thank you for actually writing a fanfiction this wouderful you made my month :D!
GeminiAnthos chapter 17 . 6/22
I love this so much that you have no idea. It's one of the best things I've read, not only now, not for only quite a while, but in my life. This series of stories are so well put together that I can do nothing but admire your work as I go along reading it. I see how you explore the characters, give them flaws, make them real. The stories fit well together yet are their own. I love it. Please continue writing like this! )
disneymaniac16 chapter 17 . 5/29
I love this! I can't wait for the next chapter! Please update soon, this is amazing!
reader1writer1 chapter 3 . 5/22
This was great. :)
Ladibyrd chapter 17 . 5/10
That was an absolutely amazing ride! I laughed, I cried, I ate lots of chocolate but other than breakin my diet I really LOVED all your stories. Thanks for bein strong enough to get through that last chapter for us, I am sendin SO much love your way! Here's hopin to hear more from you
Silbermieze chapter 17 . 5/4
I finally finished the last chapter of your story last night (or rather this morning) and I'm really sad, that it's over for now. The chapters since my last review were as great as those before, although I have to admit the undercover missions were a bit much for my liking. It's not that I didn't like them, but sometimes I wondered when Jim found the time to even be at the Academy. And "Dante's Inferno" was just... too much. Maybe you should have made another collection of one-shots for these, but I still like to read them.

Now my favorites - besides those I already commented on - were the last four chapters, where it's more emotional torment than actual physical torture. Because even though you say, you're not good at emotional scenes, I think you do a fantastic job with them. Especially the last chapter (A Penny for your Thoughts) had my heart aching a few times. And it still does, even a few hours later now. I can't completely relate to Jim like you do, because at least I don't get mobbed by my "friends", but I too have problems finding - and keepking - friends. Although it's just that they don't seem to really want me around for more than a few meetings here and there. So I finally proceeded to just search for acquaintances rather than friends. It's a bit lonely (and surely not healthy), but at least it hurts less. So don't worry, I think that chapter was absolutely coherent.

What had me a bit worried was, when Jim found out that Bones had lied to him (about the blindness). Since I lost my former best friend over a trust issue I'm easily affected by the loss of trust, but gladly Jim could forgive Bones for that. But now I have to beg you to never let them fight over something by what they could lose their trust for each other, because trust like theirs can never be rebuild the same way and I personally couldn't stand it, if they wouldn't trust each other like that anymore.

All that said, I have a request for a new chapter (or another one-shot if it doesn't fit in this collection). As I already said - twice - I really love emotional torment for Jim more than physical torture. But since Bones is always there for him as fast as possible, I would love to see Jim worried for Bones' life (or just health?) for once. You already did it for a short time in the chapter, where Bones' daughter was kidnapped, but it was a bit rushed and too quickly resolved. And Jim couldn't think about it for too long. What I would like were for Jim to worry about Bones, not knowing if he will survive something and especially not being able to do much despite his genius. So I was thinking about something like Bones getting missing on a mission / having an accident / being in a coma (my personal favorite) / getting abducted himself. I wouldn't mind a bit Bones!Whump either, but clearly not as much as Jim gets all the time. For Jim on the other hand I would love, if he has to trust others with Bones' life, because he himself can't do anything (especially when it comes to a coma). I would like to see him struggle (but not break!) with the fact that his best friend isn't by his side to help him deal with his emotions and him almost not being able to do his job. Bonus points if you can bring Pike in (in person, not via communication only) to ground Jim a bit. And please don't let it be solved in a day again!

Now, since I know something like that is really hard to write - especially when the author is dealing with emotional problems him-/herself - I wouldn't be disappointed if you refused. But since I love your fantastic writing and it really hits my heart, I would be glad if you would be able to do such a story.

Finally, I'm sorry if this review got a bit out of hand, but I just had to get this all out (and I'm sure I still forgot something). So keep up your great writing! I'm really looking forward to any updates from you. And I sure as hell will read your other story about Jim, as well as that about the Avengers.

(Since English isn't my native language, I hope I at least could express everything understandable - it's a bit difficult sometimes to find the right words. If you wanna clarify something, feel free to write me.)
Silbermieze chapter 10 . 5/1
Again a really good chapter. Although I have to say, I wish you would have shown more emotional torment for Jim in Frank's presence. I at least loved the part at the bar the most, when Jim hears/sees Frank again for the first time in years. I love how you described his feelings and his struggles to not show any fear. I actually like it much more than any physical torture. And I especially love how Bones is always comforting Jim. Since I've still got a few chapters left, I'm hoping there will be more of both in one of these. But your whole story (or collection of one-shots) is great regardless.
Silbermieze chapter 7 . 4/29
I just finished chapter seven and again I'm sitting here giggling nearly uncontrollably. When I first read, that you're doing a chapter about a de-aged Kirk, I wasn't really looking forward to it, 'cause - like you - I don't really like kids. But the six year old Kirk was so adorable and you wrote him so well and also the feelings of his friends, that I couldn't _not_ like it. Then I saw that you wanted to bring J. T. in as well and I have to admit, I was a bit horrified by the fact, that you actually wanted to show the crew all of Kirk's past. Furthermore, while I knew that young James could be handled even if it was hard, I couldn't imagine how they could possibly handle J. T. But you did this great as well and I could feel with Kirk, when he realised that all of his friends now knew the darkest parts of his life. And then the conversation a few days later and the fantastic part with the bet (I knew exactly that Kirk was finishing at the same time as Chekov on purpose). But the prank war just kicked me over the edge and I was nearly literally rolling on the floor laughing. Your writing is absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to finish all the other chapters of this story!
Silbermieze chapter 5 . 4/28
I discovered your story here just a few days ago and up until now it's really great. Though I expect the future chapters to be as well.
My favorite chapter right now is the third, which I really, really loved! I don't know all of the TOS episodes (I was always more of a TNG fan), so I don't know much about Tarsus IV aside from a few things I read about just the other day. But I think you did an absolutely great background story for Kirk and at a few points throughout the chapter I had a big lump in my throat. It was absolutely amazing!

But I have to say, at the end of chapter five, right after they mention Bones' chastity, I just started to giggle uncontrollably and couldn't stop for a while! I guess it was partly due to the lack of sleep, because I read the whole night. But even now, a few hours later, I still can't stop giggling when I read it again. So, well done!

I will definitely spend the next days - and probably nights - to read the other chapters (and maybe even review again, although I'm usually a "silent" reader) and hope they will be at least as good as the first five. Your writing is really exciting and thrilling and I just can't stop once I've started a chapter. And I love how the characters from the new movies always pop up in my mind, because usually that doesn't happen when I read. So keep going. Presumably I will read some of your other stories as well when I'm finished.
richardrobinsonjr chapter 4 . 4/14
Depends on how cold the water is and how cold his body tempreture drops, I have heard of people being revived after one to one and a half hours, if they are cold enough. It slows the metabolism and extends the the time.
Extreme cases of freezing or below water ( salt water) people have rvived after two and a half hours and (rarely) more.

Richard Robinson
richardrobinsonjr chapter 3 . 4/14
I like this series, I find Kirk is just about how I see him.

I think a couple of stories where Kirk encounters some of his kids or their kids woulod be interesting.

Well written and wellt old

Richard Robinson