Reviews for Brompton Cocktail
bjq chapter 30 . 8/29/2016
LOVE IT. Jaynes story was the best.
Forged Obsidian chapter 30 . 12/29/2015
Alright. I loved this story so much. Your characterizations were spot on, and it was obvious that you loved the characters. Thank you so much for sharing! Also I was in tears for the last few chapters, so well done on that account as well!
madcrafter72 chapter 30 . 12/14/2015
Really enjoyed this story, thanks for sharing
MO-5431 chapter 30 . 12/21/2014
Hi, this was an amazing story. I loved the sweet bits, and the sad parts were very well written. Thank you very much for the entertainment, I hope you have a wonderful day.
99x999801 chapter 30 . 9/6/2014
I'm so sad right now but this was so well written that I'm also kind of happy. This was definitely worth reading.
soatwd chapter 30 . 5/18/2014
Stunning!
klu chapter 30 . 3/29/2014
This story was incredible.
You did an outstanding job with capturing the characters' voices and keeping them 'true'. I also liked your addition of Oriole and her backstory. Well done there.
Even though it was so painful, it was also wonderfully beautiful, if that makes any sense at all. It takes real skill to move your audience and you demonstrated it with flying colors here. You made me cry. More than once. Something I hate admitting, but think you deserve to hear because your work was THAT good.
Thanks for writing.
Sardine chapter 30 . 8/20/2013
Wow. I'm not sure if I should hate or love you for this story. It had me laughing and tearing up and by the end I was a strange mix of too many emotions to name them all. I guess I'm a maudlin mess right now, after I've read it all in one sitting - something I don't do very often.

I loved every last bit of it.
Your portrayal of the character's was great. I was especially pleased with your version of Jayne and his backstory. And I loved all those little details, the references to the TV show and the film, but also the idea that Jayne can draw, played the guitar and that his Chinese's better han his English and how he - without even knowing - drove Simon crazy by always switching the language to English. All little things that made him more human. And that he wrote in proper Chinese in his letter to Inara also just felt right. Oh, and Oriole seems like a really interesting character, would've liked tosee a bit more of her, even though I still can't help myself but call her Oreo from time to time.

So, I guess I have to say thank you. Thank you for a truly entertaining albeit sombre story about the life and death of our favourite mercenary.
Lies Inc chapter 30 . 8/17/2013
I loved this beautiful story from the first word to the last .
The plot , the story , the dialogue , everything about it was perfect ... and yes , I did cry at the end .
I'm very grateful for all the time effort you put into this , thank you :-)))))))))))))))))
bw chapter 21 . 6/12/2013
can you please put the translations of your Chinese saying in the A/N at the bottom of each chapter? I know some of them from the show/movie, but others I don't recognize.
USAFChief chapter 30 . 2/25/2013
So this time you get my all time favorite baked goods. My grandma's sugar cookies (nowadays folks call em snickerdoodles) with fresh milk right outta the cow but chilled in the fridge with the butterfat still floating on the top. Don't make a face - youngun like you won't never have tasted it, but its gorram good. Sugar cookies and milk - never gave that to nobody afore. But you deserve the best.
USAFChief chapter 29 . 2/25/2013
Yep...hope I can go as peaceable and with as much grace.
USAFChief chapter 28 . 2/25/2013
You brought tears to an old man's eyes. Shame on you!

Fresh biscuits with butter and honey for you.
USAFChief chapter 25 . 2/25/2013
Trim, the man needs trim, gorram it!
USAFChief chapter 22 . 2/25/2013
Mal's fine and the more you write him the better he'll sound in your own brainpan.