Reviews for Almost Home
WhiteFeather1965 chapter 15 . 7/23
I knew Amanda was pregnant the first time you said she was nauseous. This is great story with an engaging storyline and accurate characterization and character interactions. Thank you for sharing it with us. Give your husband a hug from me for his patience. All that hard work and perseverance was worth it after all.
AlaskanFan chapter 1 . 6/17
This is a wonderful story. Your use of language is fabulous and your writing style is engaging. Creative plot. Great characterizations. Good use of humor and drama. Excellent! Thanks.
JanisKunz chapter 15 . 3/8
Very nice ending to a very nice story! Thanks for writing this, I enjoyed reading it :)

Having Jamie get to help and having Galen be following in his dad's footsteps both brought some nice 'how does being an agent affect your family' elements/exploration. Cool :)
JanisKunz chapter 1 . 2/8
I've started reading this story and it's incredible! I was reading the chapters on my lunch break so the cliffhangers are intensified by having to wait, lol. Very, very good command of all the characters - it's just like watching an episode or TV movie of them - same as you did for the Probe characters, I love it so much! The flashbacks are perfect and the story is riveting - I can't wait to see how it ends!
Guest chapter 15 . 9/20/2013
Awesome story, thanks for writing it. If only we could have seen it on screen!
tvgal97 chapter 15 . 3/3/2013
I really enjoyed your story, great job!
LSAK10383 chapter 15 . 2/7/2013
This was an incredible story!
Patti chapter 15 . 1/7/2013
Please post more soon.
eternal vampire chapter 15 . 1/6/2013
Awesome story. Just read it in one sitting couldn't stop! Very believable how you had Jamie in the story. I could see it unfold before me. Take care and have a great night.
resourceful chapter 15 . 1/5/2013
You kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the heart-thumping drama. The incredible story demands a second and third reading to savor all the riveting scenes. You nailed Amanda’s KGB confrontation and Lee’s split-second decision at the reservoir. I felt your lovely descriptive words painted clear pictures that seemed to encompass every possible detail of each setting.

You also balanced the rapid pace of the story with vivid recollections by both Lee and Amanda – touching moments that didn’t take a backseat to the suspenseful case that threatened the Stetsons’ future. Torn between fear and hope, their emotions were palpable.

I enjoyed the teamwork of Amanda and Francine. There were some great exchanges between the two, especially when Francine said, “I use to wonder what in the world a man like Lee Stetson saw in an ordinary suburban homemaker . . . that was your cover all along, wasn’t it?” I loved how you merged Amanda’s two roles as nurturing mother and steely agent.

And, I loved the scenes of the Stetson/King family. I’m personally partial to stories where Dotty and the boys get swept into Lee and Amanda’s Agency world. “Touchdown,” indeed.

I can’t imagine how you achieved such a masterpiece in a few short months.
actiaslunaris chapter 15 . 1/1/2013
Oh, you wrapped that up so well! Oh, and my suspicion about what Jamie did was held up. Tears for Fears! Yeah! That was really clever and I love both debriefs here, so much. Thank you for this most excellent adventure. It was quite a ride!
actiaslunaris chapter 14 . 1/1/2013
I love how the first half of this has everyone converging on Amanda's house - it's very farcical, but it's tempered by the serious nature of why everyone is there, as well as Jamie's trip. You handle all of that very well, with no confusion.
actiaslunaris chapter 13 . 1/1/2013
Wheee! I now know the courier's identity! I have a suspicion about what Jamie did. I'm glad Dotty and the boys were sensible about what they should do. It's a good choice for the narrative.
actiaslunaris chapter 12 . 1/1/2013
Oh, what a beautiful depiction of the power of empathy in this chapter! Besides that, I love how Billy and Amanda arrive at combining duties at the end there. That was just perfect.
actiaslunaris chapter 11 . 1/1/2013
Ah, some much needed fluff and revelations. It's a very thoughtful consideration of the fallout so far, too.