Reviews for Almost Home
Guest chapter 15 . 9/20/2013
Awesome story, thanks for writing it. If only we could have seen it on screen!
tvgal97 chapter 15 . 3/3/2013
I really enjoyed your story, great job!
LSAK10383 chapter 15 . 2/7/2013
This was an incredible story!
Patti chapter 15 . 1/7/2013
Please post more soon.
eternal vampire chapter 15 . 1/6/2013
Awesome story. Just read it in one sitting couldn't stop! Very believable how you had Jamie in the story. I could see it unfold before me. Take care and have a great night.
resourceful chapter 15 . 1/5/2013
You kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the heart-thumping drama. The incredible story demands a second and third reading to savor all the riveting scenes. You nailed Amanda’s KGB confrontation and Lee’s split-second decision at the reservoir. I felt your lovely descriptive words painted clear pictures that seemed to encompass every possible detail of each setting.

You also balanced the rapid pace of the story with vivid recollections by both Lee and Amanda – touching moments that didn’t take a backseat to the suspenseful case that threatened the Stetsons’ future. Torn between fear and hope, their emotions were palpable.

I enjoyed the teamwork of Amanda and Francine. There were some great exchanges between the two, especially when Francine said, “I use to wonder what in the world a man like Lee Stetson saw in an ordinary suburban homemaker . . . that was your cover all along, wasn’t it?” I loved how you merged Amanda’s two roles as nurturing mother and steely agent.

And, I loved the scenes of the Stetson/King family. I’m personally partial to stories where Dotty and the boys get swept into Lee and Amanda’s Agency world. “Touchdown,” indeed.

I can’t imagine how you achieved such a masterpiece in a few short months.
VesperRegina chapter 15 . 1/1/2013
Oh, you wrapped that up so well! Oh, and my suspicion about what Jamie did was held up. Tears for Fears! Yeah! That was really clever and I love both debriefs here, so much. Thank you for this most excellent adventure. It was quite a ride!
VesperRegina chapter 14 . 1/1/2013
I love how the first half of this has everyone converging on Amanda's house - it's very farcical, but it's tempered by the serious nature of why everyone is there, as well as Jamie's trip. You handle all of that very well, with no confusion.
VesperRegina chapter 13 . 1/1/2013
Wheee! I now know the courier's identity! I have a suspicion about what Jamie did. I'm glad Dotty and the boys were sensible about what they should do. It's a good choice for the narrative.
VesperRegina chapter 12 . 1/1/2013
Oh, what a beautiful depiction of the power of empathy in this chapter! Besides that, I love how Billy and Amanda arrive at combining duties at the end there. That was just perfect.
VesperRegina chapter 11 . 1/1/2013
Ah, some much needed fluff and revelations. It's a very thoughtful consideration of the fallout so far, too.
VesperRegina chapter 10 . 1/1/2013
Oh, your pacing in this chapter gives me chills. I love the flashback, because I love that kind of exploration of communication between people who love each other. It's not always easy, but talking it out is always worth it.

The emotions in the next parts just put me through wringer! All that fear, hope, and then finally, relief! It kind of leaves me with no words to express how wanted that was.
VesperRegina chapter 9 . 1/1/2013
I love how deftly you handle perspective changes. They're very natural.

The entire scene after the break is so visual - I could picture it happening very well, indeed. I especially liked the detail about wet leaves.
jodeeaway chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Wonderful! I totally couldn't stop reading it! You do an amazing job of recreating the show for me as I miss it so and staying true to the characters! I wish you would write more Lee and Amanda stories. :)
Scooplet chapter 15 . 12/28/2012
Really enjoyed this well-crafted piece. The story was captivating, and I enjoyed your writing style/use of language. Thank you for all the effort you put into this well-written, well-crafted piece. I hope you will continue to offer us gems such as this one.