Reviews for Of Quidditch and Fruitcake
guardianofdragonlore chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Reggi is the favorite, but the brotherly sweetness is nice to read.
Clever Ink Slinger chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Wow Fire, this was a very sweet and sad story. I feel so badly that Sirius and Regulus grew up knowing that their family hated them. Children should never be made to feel like that. This was one of those heartwarming and heart-wrenching stories. I quite enjoyed this, even though it did make me feel sorry for the boys. Great work!
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Oh I feel so sorry for poor Sirius! His parents so clearly favour Regulus and it must be really hurtful. You do well at showing Sirius' thinking in wanting to be different so he can escape the Black family. Reading this made me feel pretty sad... so I guess you did a rather good job on this ;-)

There's just one discrepancy - throughout it's clear that Regulus is doted on, but then at the end Regulus says "they hate me" and Sirius says "they hate us both" - I don't think their parents hated Regulus?
meldahlie chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
that is sweet and sad, all at once; and I think you may have a point that Orion and Walburga didn't actually have much time for either of their boys as people, just as the son-and-heirs.
The thought of that fruit cake makes my mouth water!
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Aaaw. It's cute.
Lil'MissChris chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
I enjoyed this little insight to Sirius and Regulus's relationship. I seldom read family centric fics unless it's Fred and George. So this was a pleasant surprise.

Sirius played the big brother role better than I would have expected, but it still worked. I like that Sirius had a 'I fend for myself and I'll fend for you too" kind of attitude towards his brother. It was a very sweet fic, and as an eleven-year-old boy I think it was realistic.

I understand Sirius's parent's lack of joy where he's concern-to the point of near hatred for him. Regulus's relationship with his parents is a little confusing though. Orion clearly had pride for his youngest son, and had little fondness of Sirius within the same few paragraphs. They bought Regulus new robes and Orion trusted his son with his broom but seemed to have no patience for Sirius. It seems that, even though they're horrible parents, they still favour their youngest son. So why would Regulus think they hate him?

Aside for the small amount of confusion, this was a well thought out fic and I enjoyed it. I didn't notice any SPAG flaws. Well done.
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
This was a really nice fic depicting the relationship between Sirius and Regulus before Hogwarts. :) It's always what I imagined how they would be like, before Sirius gets sorted into Gryffindor. Good job!
burning happiness chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I think you portrayed the two siblings very well. I've never read a piece like this, but you did a really good job writing it. The characters are portrayed very well. Great job.
-littlemissreadaholic
AmzyD chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
This is great! You portray them so well, just little kids, not knowing what would become of each other, probably one of the last few times they spent together bonding :( Perfect!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
I'm quite happy with it, too! I think you did a great job showing their brotherly dynamic and a bit of background for the house of Black. I like the idea of Hufflepuff!Regulus. And Sirius was great - just rebellious enough at that age, and I like how his parents already weren't fond of him. Overall just really well done. Great work!
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I love Sirius/Regulus siblingness. And little Reg is so freaking CUTE! I want to cuddle him! But I really like the idea of Christmas in the Black household. Sirius wanting to be different and his determination to not be a Slytherin is wonderful. And Regulus being more favored but still kind of talked down to is great. Nice job!
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
This was sad but nice :p I feel bad for Regulus, but I totally loved that scene ;) Sirius was really IC to me and though I can't say the same for Regulus because he isn't that present in the books I feel like he is too :p
Good job ;)
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
I loved this look at young Sirius and Regulus! It's nice to see a friendly fic between them, because most fan fictions that I've read about them tend to have them as disliking each other, even at this age. I definitely think you wrote Sirius and Regulus as children very well, and they acted like I would imagine a ten- or eleven-year-old and an eight-year-old would act. I also think that you did a great job showing the start of Sirius's rebellion without having him outright doing something crazy; I like how Sirius is unsure about what house he's going to be in, for instance, but he knows he doesn't want Slytherin. Spelling and grammar were lovely, also, no mistakes I noticed. Great job!
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Nawwwwww I love Sirius/Regulus bonding fics they're so cute and especially when Sirius and Regulus get on well. I love Sirius' character here. Its very IC and they way his parents treat him is very realistic too :) Great Job!

DFTBA!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Haha, it's so cute! I really love the fruitcake and quidditch that ties them together, you've shown their relations very well and it's so adorable! :D