Reviews for All Things But the Truth
Everlight18 chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
KC, This story was just beautiful. Although I swore off reading any Narnia stories as most people seem to butcher them (in my eyes) yours captured Peter so perfectly. I always imagined that Edmund and Lucy never forgot about Narnia but I never was certain about Peter. This description sounds exactly like it might have gone for him, trying to live in his own strength.

"How foolish it is to bury living parts of us..." Indeed!

"It is only that you forget sometimes...you are still a sinner just like them." Such a true struggle, alas, forgive me, Aslan.

Just a couple of my favorite quotes! Thank you for this lovely Christmas piece
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Wow. Just... Wow.
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
'Without the Way, there is no going.
Without the Truth there is no knowing.
Without the Life there is no living.'
-Thomas Akempis

This fic reminded my of this quote. I thought you would like it, if you hadn't heard it before.

This fic is wonderful and beautiful. 'Hear thunder rumble as the shadow of a cross covers the world in darknessā€¦and then there is light.' I love it.
The Hobbit's Rhapsody chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
This is just...really gorgeous. I don't even know what to say.

Your writing is, as usual, stupendous, and the second-person viewpoint was actually really effective (I'm usually not a fan of it) and moving. There are so many spot-on lines I can't even pull them together here.

I am astounded; I commend you immensely for this little piece.
USMA2020 chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
Wow, just wow. I don't know what to say. I thought I was going to cry. This is just, amazing. I loved the ending, although I didn't understand exactly what happened. You did really well writing in second person. That is a hard thing, I certainly never have been able to, in the few times I tried, yet it came across convincing, which is something I have never seen done before, even in books. I loved it.

God Bless,
Ashleigh
Eavis chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
OH. Oh this was beautiful. Lyrical poetry, mellon, and so much it reminded me of Sutcliff, Kipling, and even the Word. Peter is spot-on, and the stream of consciousness works very well. Happy Christmas!
Lady of Stormness Mountain chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
I loved this story. The second person takes a moment or two to get used to, but once I did get used to it I found it an interestingly effective writing style that made your point very well. On that subject, the point of the story was wonderful. Powerful and personally meaningful in a lovely format.

Regarding the possibility of Peter being involved in the War, in my opinion, Peter's age and the historical dates mentioned in the books are flexible enough that the possibility that he became involved in the last year or so of the war is a real and feasible one. I really cannot imagine Peter being content to not do anything. Incidentally, I've always wondered about the fascinating possibilities of Peter joining Colonel Hogan's crew at Stalag 13. Although that is more or less beside the point, I found the story all the more enjoyable because it combined elements of two of my favorites (rather than just the one).

Anyway, I found this story a perfect Christmas vignette and enjoyed it very much.

Merry Christmas!

Lady Stormness
HEW chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Oh dearheart, you just summed up this whole last year for me. "How foolish it is to bury living parts of us..." By far this is your most beautiful offering to date. The Lord has blessed you with a wonderful gift with words and I know He is blessing you for using your talents to share and strengthen faith in Him. Merry Christmas! :)
Wtiger5 chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Wow. I love this. I love how you bring to the forefront the True meaning of Christmas.
Renewal from breaking. How true that has always been and just as true is His forgiveness and His love.
Well done and Merry Christmas for He is the perfect Gift.
floppyearsthebunny chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
.AWESOME! I have myself tried to write fictions like this, a very respected writer friend told me though he was too young to be drafted. He might have signed up with parental permission by the last year of the war, but even that is highly unlikely. I have a few "Historical AU's" (as I call them) myself. One's a christmas story. But even so though, it was brilliant! It felt right for the change that took place in Peter. Loved the very end.
LilyMaeve chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
This is beautiful. I love how you pulled the 2nd-person POV off, and the ending is perfection. I love it.
Rose and Psyche chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
This is a beautiful piece and writing it in second person was the thing that really made it shine. I love your characterization of Peter (I always imagined that he joined the RAF).

Your imagery is marvelous. I was shivering as I read it. Our great-uncle died over France just before D-day (he flew in a Liberator) so this was especially meaningful for us when we remember what he (and others) went through in the war torn skies over Europe.

First in peace and last in every desperate retreat...

Psyche
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I am . . . I don't even know what I am. That's gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm not a big fan of second person, but it works well here.

Well done!
Lady Lost-A-Lot chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I loved the use of second person. It made me really feel like I was Peter.
Fierce Queen chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
This is great! Very down to earth and I like how you have Peter realize that he *is* a sinner like his siblings. I think we as a society forget that time and again and need to be reminded.

Wonderful job! I await more stories :)

Aslan's Blessings and a good Christmas season upon you.
Fierce