Reviews for Essentials
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
ArtistDean! :D The way he thinks about Seamus is so beautiful.

"You miss the anger, the excitement, the joy, the passion, because he's probably the only person you know who feels everything so deeply"- The FEELS. That's the thing about these two that I love. They feel things differently than other people. I don't really know how to put what I'm trying to say into words but that sentence up there tells me you get it...

And it's Christmas and Dean is all alone :( Poor baby. I love this even though it makes me sad :(

Thanks for entering :D
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Fabulous and ohso ohso flawless! I love how you manage without their names.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
I really liked the way you wrote this :) They're not my favourite in a romantic pairing, but I like both characters, so I liked this.

I really enjoyed your description of the emotion in this. His fear, his longing... it was really sweet and well portrayed.

Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Oh, Laura. Heartbreak central, that's where I am right now.

Poor Dean! This is wonderful and painful at the same time (which is a surprisingly positive emotion considering the pain). I think my favourite part of it isn't actually the Deamusness (omg what am I saying) but the overall feel of hopelessness and loss, the sort of details that say "THIS IS WHAT WAR DOES" and makes it hurt all the more. Sentences like:

[It's Christmas and you hadn't known.]
[...you sit down at the table full of strangers...]
[You trace circles on the tabletop because you can't trace them on his skin and you tell yourself for the thousandth time that /this will end/.]

And the title "fellow fugitives" for the runaways is just so...I don't know. Is there a word for something being right and wrong at the same time? Because Dean shouldn't feel that way but he DOES and that's...that's not right. But it IS. (I am fantastic at making no sense.)

Then there's the Deamusness, which is utter perfection. Dean worrying over forgetting Seamus' face and trying to be sure and just /missing/ him so much...heartbreak.

Thank you so much, you are wonderful.

Also, second person is amazing and you cannot even deny your love for it anymore. And I love you, too :3
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Really liked this; I'm a sucker for Deamus. :)
Shira Lansys chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Cries.

This is beautiful!
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Aww. The ending. Oh my gosh. The ending was so sweet! And I loved it.

This was completely /Dean/, and I love the fact that he carries around a sketchbook and pencils so that he can draw Seamus all the time, to pass the time. And the little detail that he likes to draw circles on Seamus' skin is quite lovely.

I still say that this works so much better in second than it would've in third. The parts that were in second just wouldn't have flowed easily if you changed them into third.

Overall, this was just plain lovely :D
awakeatnight chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I love this. I know that this is listed as Seamus/Dean but I love how you don't come out and say it, that you leave it to the reader through their characterizations. Great job. Poor Dean :( You could easily make this a two-shot when they are reunited if you wanted to.