Reviews for Child's Play
Veronica chapter 14 . 10/23/2008
Beautiful! I was searching for some Chakotay/Paris so your almost Gen story felt not exactly what I wanted to read at first. But I am a sucker for kidfics anyway, so I read it! And, boy, that was a really good idea! I was seriously charmed by this fic of yours, as well as touched and oozing happy goo. It was a marvelous thing to read about Tom getting a second chance at life. And one good, at that! Owen Paris is a real bastard here. I do not know how Toms mother could to dump little Tom with such sonofabitch! But I was most happy when Chakotay did step at the plate and let himself to get roped with the caring for little Tom. And he gave the poor kid a very good life! Brava, for you! You made the angst and H&C here most poignant and touching without it being too much extreme or feeling as an overeasy way of touch the readers sensibility. Your story was well reasoned and rounded enough, as well as reasonably well written. All in all, I enjoyed it lots and I do not think I need give you but praise for it! Thanks for share your imagination and creative talent. And I cannot but inquire about the chance for a sequel. This tale certainly left me hoping for more! Because Chakotay and Paris are too much cute as a couple and I loved their slow-building romance. Thanks again for a great reading. Take care, and, please, go on with your writting!
TenshiNanashi chapter 14 . 1/2/2008
there is that ever present elephant in the corner called incest but really they aren't related and Kotay...Chakotay was determined not to be a father it works out in the end.

Besides, Tom Paris and Lt. Tom Paris were two separate people joined by distant memories. So yeah. Good job.
tigerpelt chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Well,I like the thought of Chakotay being so close to Tom,but but as seemed like they had more of a family bond,but when you put them together other ways,it just didn't 't get me wrong,I really enjoyed reading about Tom as a kid,he was so funny!
Decuma chapter 14 . 1/30/2007
I'm...I don't know. It's a split decision sort of deal. This story was fantastic, I know that much. It's just the dynamic between Chakotay and Tom changed so drastically. You managed to pull it off with relative ease, but there is an inkling of the "incestuous" thoughts several other reviewers had. I can ignore that very easily though, because during the course of the whole story, I absolutely REFUSED to think of Chakotay as a paternal figure. So, I instead gave Chakotay the role you had intended: bestest friend. (However, were I of the mindset that Chakotay made a great father to Tom, I would've been highly disturbed. Thankfully, I'm not.)

I just don't know how to feel, I guess. I think I'm going to go with the "aw, isn't that cute?" idea. Because it was. This fic was very cute, humourous, and a tad steamy at the end. I enjoyed it thoroughly! 'Twas very lovely! n_n Multiple thumbs up!
Rivana chapter 14 . 12/4/2004
Yay! This was so darn cute! You kept it real and didn't stray, very, very nice. Thanks for sharing!
Ultra Rodimus chapter 3 . 11/3/2004
I can just imagine the state Chakotay's spirit guide must be in. Poor spirit guide!
Kotay3 chapter 14 . 8/3/2004
OMG, this is one of the best stories that Ive ever read. Youre a really tallented authur. Love youre story!
Ultra Rodimus chapter 14 . 7/16/2004
Aw! Good story! I pity Chakotay, having to deal with a toddler like Tom, but at least this time Tom was out of that stage in a couple of weeks instead of a couple of years. BTW, does Chakotay have a first name, or is Chakotay his full name?
darkdancer chapter 14 . 1/24/2003
I loved it!
GenieC chapter 14 . 11/13/2002
Definitely one of the best fic I've read in a while. I do get why people might find the whole C/P thing in this one a little disturbing, but I don't. Maybe I've just read way too many C/P that I just don't see any father/son relationship between them. ;)

Besides, the old Tom was lusting after Chakotay and since they're actually the same person... *g*

Anyway, can't wait to read more of your fic. And since the stories you listed under your bio's not up on anymore, I'm assuming they've been taken down by the "no nc-17" rule. Is there any where else I can find them? If you need a place to archive your fics, you might want to try .com

SLC chapter 14 . 9/25/2002
You had an absolutely wonderful story going util the last couple of parts. You had a wonderful father/son thing going, providing family for two characters who seemed so losr for so long. Why ruin a great story by including incest?

Sorry to hear about you recent hospital stay. Hope everything's okay now.
Lavender chapter 13 . 9/19/2002
To slash or to not slash, that is the question, dearest Molly. To slash always seems to win out for me though...

Oh, yeah, Leigh, *so* should have ripped off our message board stylee "reviews" by now.

Loved the story, MJ. Sad it's ended though, feel like writing a few little Tom xtras for us smilers? :):):):):):):D

Leigh just gave me a copy of Tay- I'll check it tonight. Sorry it's so late.

HuGs, Mj

Rach chapter 14 . 9/19/2002
Hey! Leigh, that was *so* my line!

N e who. MJ, I love the new bits to this story and don't think the whole incest thing was ever a problem. Chakotay was never more than anything but a friend to liddle Tom. *Shrugs* Just my mini mitual opinion.

Still a go-ahead for Tay? *giggles* Wanna go through that again, Emjay?

FickleFemale chapter 1 . 9/13/2002
Great story! Sorry to see it end.
Hestia01 chapter 14 . 9/12/2002
I'd have to agree with Kat Calls. I just don't do C/P. K/P, yes, T/S, yes, T/P/J probably, but C/P-no! I mean, throughout the whole fic Chakotay was practically Tom's dad, now they're a couple? Sorry but that's just a bit disturbing