Reviews for The Acceptance of Fate
Guest chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
I'm out there and very much enjoying all your written works of art.
gginsc chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
CUTE!
TiaKisu chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Aw, what can I say? I have read this multiple times already and each time I pondered over what to say about this little gem. In the end I think it just comes down to that really love it. Completely and utterly love it!
It is so great to steal a glimpse at their earlier life, reading about those characters' past like this. And it gets even better when having read "The Path We Walk" because it makes this scene be so much more special, knowing how close they later are as friends and mentor.

Again you were able to capture an amazing atmosphere, painted the meadow with words so well chosen that I can do nothing but bow to you for the talent you possess. And the little gestures you add, all those tiny things that tell of the change in both the elflings and their guard... it feels all warm to read how Almárean slowly surrenders to the charm that is the two young ones, just as it does to see them trust and like him.
And as always I love how so skillfully you show us the differences between the various Elven folk: how to the Sindar the two elflings are so strange, a mystery and yet a blessing, too. Everything that I love about your LotR works in general, I can find in this little piece as well - including all those little moments that make me smile.
"The tiny hellion nestles beneath his arm, fitting perfectly" is such an amazing mixture of both a humorous touch to the words and utter cuteness. And, indeed Almárean is truly lost. :D

Once again, thank you so very much for sharing your works with us! I cannot express how much I enjoy reading them, and I hope so dearly that you are progressing still with your new fiction, and that you're enjoying the work on it.
Please do write on. Always. TK
Archiril chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Well, I certainly did enjoy this, as all Legolas-fics you're writing! I just loved how you painted him! :)
Myshka331 chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Oh I have just finally entered into my holiday break and what do I find but another story by you! How delightful! I have not had much free time over the last several months to read, and so it was a wonderful joy for this to be the first thing I've read during the holidays. So nice and warm and kind of fluffy, just as things should be at this time of year even if the story took place in summer.

I was so crazy happy that it featured Idhren and Almarean once again as I come to love them more with each word you write about them! I think Almarean must be commended for putting up with these two, even though they really are cute. They truly are a couple of chortiky! I imagine that they like driving Almarean to near insanity! I can't blame Almarean for becoming fond of them though as they do seem irresistibly adorable towards the end. It's funny how small children always manage to win us over.

Once again, your images your wonderfully vivid. I am not a very visual person, yet I could see each image you presented so clearly in my mind. Congratulations! That is definitely an accomplishment.

I hope you continue to weave these wonderful tales (and enjoy it!) and that you have a fabulous and very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

P.S.- And thank you to Lindir's Ghost for encouraging and supporting this author! It would be sad if she did not continue.
Emilie chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
How sweet! That funny feeling in his chest...ah, love! You write so well, I could really imagine the scene. And so realistic - kids fight and are buddies again within five minutes.

Thanks for posting.
me 4evaful chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Ok, that was truly adorable!
I won't lie, I don't usually read this kind of thing, but still, it was awesome! It was really well written, and I just generally loved it. It was nice to see a reprisal of old characters from 'The Path We Walk,' I miss that story. :( But yeah, really great job!
Purple Pickle chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I am here enjoying what you have written. Just so you know.
Elfwine chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
This was so sweet, you painted a beautiful atmosphere to! I really enjoyed reading it.
Vanillawood chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Yay! I was so excited to see a new Myselfonly story! It was great. Can't wait until the next one (no pressure-ha!) Fun to get a little history on the three friends. I really like the whole laegrim/sindar comparisons and everything-awesome :)
Lindir's Ghost chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
You dedicated it to me ... I am truly humbled. And I mean that. You've actually made my day! Always a pleasure, never a chore. Speaking of which, I have two days off now, so do send what you need to, and we can discuss it later.

Anyway. A very sweet little one shot ... I didn't know you were writing anything like this, you kept it impressively quiet. I'm not normally a one for 'little Leggie' stories; the words 'corny' and 'over-done' come to mind. He is always sickly sweet, with massive blue eyes wise beyond his years and with a do-gooder nature that would shame a nun. Happily, your 'little Leggie' has fire. It's not fair to say that he *isn't* sweet - because he is - but he's not flat. He exhibits an early hot headness that will show itself more than readily in later life, and a flare for a good brawl, with next to no shame when it comes to involving hapless minders (and giving them bloody noses). Very un-princely.

I loved the way you wrote the contrast between the children and the adult. Any elements of naivety were not on the parts of Idhren and Legolas, but on Almarean, though not in a manner that made Almarean seem foolish and the youngsters too smart for their own good. It gives the impression that he is significantly older than the other two, that he has forgotten what it is like to be very young and be able to resolve everything with a quick punch-up. More a fish out of water feel, but a fish that is learning to adapt. Like a mudskip. I mean that in a complementary respect. I do not visualise Almarean as an actual mudskip ... babbling now.

I always knew that Almarean was older, but this story has actually made the age gap more comprehensible, and raised questions about Almarean ... like how much older is he, exactly? I have a slight fixation with age (which is why elves fascinate me), and this story has made me wonder not only how old he is, but what he did before Legolas and Idhren threw his life into the sky, and for how long? I never envisioned him as old, but now I do...

As ever, your descriptive prose were beautifully vivid and engaging. I could see the shifting colours of the meadow accented by birdsong, and I certainly had no difficulty 'seeing' the sunset with our three favourite elves. A lovely touch of symbolism at the very end, by the way, when Legolas and Idhren accept Almarean, and he in turn accepts them: the sun sets on one part of his life, and begins an entirely new chronical with the three of them. Lost indeed.

Thank you for the distraction.

Ghost