Reviews for In Memoriam
DCG-Charlie chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
WHAT DID YOU JUST DO TO MY BRAIN?!
mgcbs chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Apologies for the double post, it seems that I was not logged in when I wrote my review earlier...

Intriguing. I always thought Saeko had more to do with Searrs and did not realise the anime had dropped hints - I studiously avoid the manga version like the plague...
What I also enjoyed about this fanfic was the dynamic between AlyssaMiyu and Natsuki. Especially between the, uh, genetically related pair.
Anyway, thanks for writing! I shall be returning to episode 22 to sate my curiosity...
Guest chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Ooo nice one! Loved it. Thanks for sharing this fic, it was nice to read. Very unique, made me laugh here and there when natsuki mentioned shiz :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Recently there has been a lot of stories that have been undermining what the characters are all about and have been making me feel bad about it. You have reminded why I loved mai hime in the first place and restored my faith that there can be really good fanfiction. And that goes for all the stories you have written. Thank you very much for brightening my day. :)
Iuterpi chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
You know that idea that you've always known you'd like to read but no one thinks to write it? This is that one. Ever since I saw the anime, even before I knew that in the manga Natsuki and Alyssa were sisters, I've always wanted to read a fanfic where this kind of talk would happen. Where Alyssa and Natsuki would manage to understand that they are kind of family and that both are missing Saeko, cause we all know that even though Natsuki found out about her mother not being the person she thought she was she wouldn't just stop remembering her with love. And I like the idea you had here of Alyssa putting Natsuki's mind at rest in relation with her mother.

I loved it. I knew when I saw that you had something new that I would love it and that's just how it went. It would be lovely to see another one about these two and Shizuru but with this one now my soul is lil bit at rest now. So big thank you! This was lovely!
noah114 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
liked how shizuru n alussa could get along drinking fancy tea...hehe...nice U
a 'me chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Brilliant! You know, good fanfiction uses characters you love and reminds you why you love them. Great fanfiction, on the other hand, reminds you why you love the universe those characters came from. Mai HiME had a so much deeper story to to it than the creators took the time to explore. It's a shame they didn't make a second season to really show that depth. This story makes me want to watch the show all over again.
Nanami chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I liked it:) thank you

Though I do not think Saeko was a triple agent, but still it's nice to think so, that she was a good guy all along and not over-ambitious smart fool who could sacrifice her daughter for her goals.

["You never came back to school, so we figured you'd run off with the rest of the Searrs goons."] though when Mai asked what happened with Alyssa and Miyu, Natsuki said that Serras probably got rid of Alyssa and Miyu. (episode 16)
K-n1n3 chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Nice, it's give a nicer in-depth on the Saeko's reasoning on that particular decision
Loved how you incorporated the manga take on Alyssa being Natsuki's half sister to the anime version, that's the few good parts the manga do did right on my opinion :P
And gosh this actually can take place in canon. Which mean Saeko ( Mashiro) had trolled not only a lovecraftian chultu but also the first district and Searrs. That's one mother you don't want to cross
Now I need to rewatch Mai-Hime to see the actual scene
And if someone made a fic where Alyssa and Shizuru tag teamed Natsuki, that will be a pure win!
Ahsirk chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Wow, never made the connection when I was watching the show. I'm a sucker for family fics and this punched me right in the feels. I liked it very much, especially with the touches of humor here and there.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
nice
deathcurse chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
First off, I squealed when I saw that you had a new story, AND that it was Mai HiME-verse, AND that it was about Natsuki and Alyssa’s family stuff.

Nice opening, even if the very long sentence at the beginning explaining what the HiMEs were made me giggle a little helplessly. That’s just about the most concise statement about an entire 26 episode anime I can think of. It felt a little clunky, though, by the time it got to the Obsidian Prince part.

Natsuki’s inner turmoil regarding how she feels about her mother was nicely done. The story didn’t linger on those points, which fits with Natsuki’s emotional yet practical nature.

And Miyu! I love her, weirdly :D. Even more so when she and Alyssa are together; as Natsuki says, it’s a very warm love and affection between those two.

“Alyssa winced at that, and Natsuki remembered how Mai and Kagutsuchi had defeated Alyssa's CHILD, Artemis. Mind you, Artemis had been about to nuke the school from space, so Natsuki kind of thought it was justified.” Wow…aaaaaaaawkward! :p Especially after Alyssa had just *slapped* Natsuki! XD There are lots of these moments in the story, and I like how they both summarize events from the plot and also provide moments for snark from either Natsuki or Alyssa.

“The golden girl sighed in a way that made Natsuki decide that Alyssa and Shizuru would probably get along way too well with each other.” More giggling from me. Man, for a story that is very serious and a little depressing in the scope of its tragedy and references to tragic events, this is a very humourous story :).

I never noticed these details in the anime O.O. That’s what people like you are for, to make fanfics of dropped plot points! ;)
guinisee chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
fancy english tea, huh?

:P

always glad to see a short from you