Reviews for Once Upon a Winter's Night: A Once Upon a Time Variation
chickenandsheep chapter 5 . 2/23/2014
Will this one be updated eventually too? Ever hopeful!
Drknite24 chapter 5 . 12/26/2013
Ok. So I finally got around to reading this variation of "Once..." and I have really enjoyed it. Honestly, I don't know how you do it, other than to chalk it all up to your talent and commitment. As a faithful fan of your work, I only hope you can update this some time soon, and "Once" too :-)
Priscilla
SweetnSour333 chapter 5 . 7/30/2013
Oh they are going to die. Not quickly either, I see them dieing like the docter did. But before they do I feel like Nuada is going to find them and scare the poo out of them. Hmmmm so where would Mr. Wink be at this particular point in the story?
Ruby Red-ink chapter 5 . 7/18/2013
Oh my goodness oh my goodness! He knows their names! I am dyyyyyyyyyying to know what's going to happen now, since this is such a change from the other storyline. Not knowing their full names was a big deal. Oooo goody goody, this should be interesting! I love when Dylan's sleepy, she acts like a kitten, all snuggly, and then that whole no filter when she's sleepy thing, that's amusing. It's so odd to me that even though these are the same characters, they still feel different because of the way the storyline is developing, and I totally love that. It makes this story feel fresh, despite the fact that some of it is still recognizable, which I don't have a problem with either (if it ain't broke don't fix it! Lol) Looking forward to the next one dearie!

Ruby Red-ink chapter 4 . 7/3/2013
Oooo, I totally loved this chapter! I think it's great that you kept Francesca's attack in there, I think it adds a great deal of drama to their situation. I'm dying to know if Nuada is going to find out about the Blackwoods and if so, what he's gonna do about it. It'd be awesome to see him at Dylan's evaluation too. I'm pretty sure I was just as giddy as Dylan during the scene with Nuada running. That was pretty awesome, and for some reason, the idea of him with a long braid and running full sprint is just totally hot. No idea why. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Ruby Red-ink chapter 3 . 6/10/2013
Oooo, this time she's the one holding back! It's logical of her, but perhaps still not the best. Sure they will have obstacles, but I think they can do it! Their love for each other is so deep, I really don't think there's another option for them other than staying together, because being apart would kill them both. Whoa! Proposal! Whoa! And whoa again...she (eventually) said yes! Okay, so that could be problematic, but still, oh so sweet! I do hope to see strong relationship developments from them in the future, because the proposal did seem a bit fast to me, but hey, he's an elf, he doesn't half-do anything! Hope to see an update soon! Pretty please?

Ruby Red-ink chapter 2 . 6/10/2013
Hm, so apparently I've already read and reviewed chapter 1, and yet have no memory of doing so. Interesting. Well, here's a new one for chapter 2! I love how the first few paragraphs are just shy of a sincere inner monologue, even though it's written as third person. It's seriously great, and I think Dylan's whole section there is extremely accurate in its portrayal of rejection and heartbreak: pain, anger, and more pain. Very beautiful. And holy crap! He went after her! It's about dang time he wizened up! Good call on having him walk through her mind, I didn't think of that in the original story line, and man it definitely would have solved a couple problems, but I like it as it stands and the mind walk usage here I think fits perfectly with this kind-of whirlwind direction the story seems to be taking. Omg! He said he loves her too! Wha-what! To be continued in chapter 3.
SweetnSour333 chapter 3 . 5/19/2013
You never cease to surprise me with what direction you take this story. Love it! I did not expect any of Dylan's responses to Nuada, and all of Nuada's pleading and confessing made my heart skip every time. Fantastic!

Ok so I normally don't find five different things and type about them because I love everything but *shrugs* what the hell!

1. Ok so the first curve ball you through at us readers was when Dylan started to "half-hysterically laugh" (I honestly thought she lost it for a second there). Then when Nuada kisses her (not so chastely) I keep wondering how that is going to make Dylan feel latter on in this.

2. The second curve ball you thought was when Dylan said she "couldn't do this" and my heart broke along with Nuada's (my thought: " . . . no . . . NO! Did she forget how much it hurts to confess your feelings you have hidden away for some time and then get smacked down by the one you confess to?") a slight panic attack issued because this was the second curve ball so I was only thinking the worst.

3. Ok so this next thing isn't really a curve ball. But when Nuada said that she couldn't turn away from him (please don't hate me for saying this because I dislike myself for feeling this way) I feel like he kind of deserved the scare. I mean yes I realize there is a lot hurt and love being given and I am so glade he was able to convince her to stay. But yea that is how I feel horrible yes but I think it is fair. (Ok so I realize this is pretty much the exact opposite of what I wrote on number two . . . I am sorry I have a lot of conflicting feelings about this . . . -_-")

4. When Nuada said he would swear himself to her in blood I said "Awww" and "NO!" at the same time. Yes it romantic that he is trying so hard to convince her that he loves her but at the same time I see a blood oath as bad. It's like giving your soul to whoever you are swearing to without them having to do anything. (if that makes any seance what so ever)

5. Now lastly when Dylan roamed Nuada's thoughts for a change. Now even though there was nothing physical going on I couldn't help but blush at the innocent intimacy at the end. Now that I think about it I wonder if that is anything like what would happen in Avatar (blue people). Point is it was emotionally intense and I loved it! (I hope in one of the future chapters of "Once" this happens)

Ok so what I think should happen next . . . hmmmmmmmm . . . OH! Show it from Nuala's point of view and her reaction to Nuada's feelings for Dylan! Maybe she should tell the king or something like that and you know it would have to feel weird for her to feel Dylan in Nuada's mind right . . . maybe?

Hope all gets better in LAKnight's life!

Charchar-
hellobubby chapter 3 . 5/17/2013
fast but yet a good pace...I LOVE IT!
SweetnSour333 chapter 2 . 5/4/2013
Holy shit the chapter was worth the wait! I love the way you write the emotional scenes I feel everything the characters are feeling each and every time! And you know me I am a sucker for romantic sceans with confessions and need to be made. (comes with being a hopeless romantic)

Now as for what I think will happen next . . . I am not too sure I mean the next thig I would think is they both go back to Dylan's cottage and almost get everything off when Dylan gets smacked by the Holy Spirit and stops both Nuada and herself. But there would be a huge lovey dovey foreplay scean beforehand. But I am not thinking compleatly clearly right now because that chapter was beautiful and put me in one of those "*sighs* I wish I had a boyfriend so we could snuggle and kiss" kind of moods. Maybe I will think of something later . . . I don't know.

Keep updating this if you can/want to because it is definitely on my "read over and over again" list. Hope all is well in LA Knight's life.

Charchar -
HappyHappy Sunny Chan chapter 2 . 5/4/2013
Man Nuada is so mean . He should take Dylan out somewhere nice. To be honest the whole time I was like oh no are they going to do something they regret. But no which I'm glad. Keep going
SweetnSour333 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
You know when you are a hopeless romantic when you take great pleasure in reading stuff like this . . . PLEASE KEEP UPDATING ON THIS . . . if you still want to . . . Please? -
Ruby Red-ink chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Ooooooooo, such intrigue in this story! I can't wait to see how this is going to develop and see what changes end up being made because of this direction. Looking forward to the next chapter!
HappyHappy Sunny Chan chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
OH my goodness , so good
I had 3 major reactions the frist one was for the frist part *blush*
the second was oh my gosh Nuada, ou jerk *rage*
and the last was he did not just say that *faint* ( it was the horse part)
I'm looking forward to the new stuff coming :)
girlmundy chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I should be in bed (well I am, but certainly not sleeping) but instead I'm reading this. Sorry I've been such an absentee lately, but this is super good stuff...like the white chocolate macadamia cookie I had today (and could have eaten a dozen more). Yes, you are like the person who made that cookie. Can't wait to see what else you've got...big yay!