Reviews for Departures and Arrivals
Someone chapter 28 . 11/15/2016
I've got to say - every time I read a new chapter I fall in love with your Aman. You make it beautifully real. I'm so happy Nerdanel has finally got some confirmation about Maglor, and I love Celebrian as an artist :D And truthfully Bilbo fondly reminiscing about Rivendell to Elwing is the best thing. This story is so beautiful in so many different ways. Thank you very much for sharing it with us :)
angelswillfall chapter 28 . 11/1/2016
YESSS new chapter!

I love how you write Celebrian and give her depth and a personality and story of her own. There is a line in this chapter, about how she finds it hard to bear the presence of others because they only think of the horrors she endured. I really liked that insight, and I think it can also applies to much of the fandom as well. Celebrian is so often defined by her torture, few in the fandom delve beyond that and unfortunately she is written as a very flat character a lot of the time. This is just one of the many things I love about your stories! 3
Helenllama chapter 28 . 10/30/2016
Hope this chapter means the writers block is over and done with.
But. Wow, what a leap forward in time (how long - having to guess at quite a while). Also a long jump forward in Elrond's recovery. I would have still be expecting him to make a recovery.

The painting and Celebrian getting her thoughts and feelings from the ship is also amazing. As does Elrond's reaction.
Ardhoniel Marvelite chapter 28 . 10/30/2016
Great chapter :)
chisscientist chapter 27 . 4/24/2016
Nice to hear about some of the others who are back.
chisscientist chapter 20 . 4/23/2016
Calculus has some uses in oceanography. I wonder if that is how Tuor got interested.
Guest chapter 27 . 2/13/2016
It's baaaack! :))))

Update soon :)
Someone chapter 27 . 2/6/2016
Whee, thank you! You always make my day with this story :)
TheHouseWitch chapter 27 . 2/1/2016
Omg, omg, omg. I'm so glad that you updated this story. I have always adored your stories and was worried that you had abandoned this story. You don't know how glad I was when I saw an update from you. Your's are the stories that I most often reread, and this chapter did definitely not disappoint. As you know, I adore the moments between Elrond and Celebrían. I am very curious of what Celebrían has been doing for all these years. Perhaps you might write something about that festival, perhaps Celebrían's work will be revealed there?
I loved the meeting between Elmo and Elrond and Celebrían. I was very intrigued by the reactions from the Elves, and how Elrond's presence causes different reactions. Also how he is reluctant to hurt all life and foregoes eating meat. It's something that I would never have thought of but makes sense, especially how you write Elrond. He is so sensitive, yet incredibly strong, and that's what I love about your Elrond.
I also like how life in Aman is slowly revealed to the reader. I adore your version of how things are developing there and how people live their lives. Those small details make such a difference and add much depth to the story.
It was great to get a glimpse of Finrod's daughters. You manage very well to show how diminished and weak Galadriel is without making her appear lesser for it. I also adore how everyone is careful around her and Elrond. I think of all the "Elrond and Galadriel go to Aman" stories this one is by far the best one, especially considering how they don't just fall into the full swing of things, and you are very careful concerning their heritage. I like that Elrond's position is not accepted by all, though you hint that he might unite the connections between kindreds.
I really despise when authors don't take his heritage into account, and how he might adjust to life in Aman. The same goes for Galadriel. She wanted so much to go back home, but then 'home' is perhaps not the same as she remembered, and that conflict within her is very apparent.
I hope that you will continue with this, and further stories about Elrond and his adventures.
I must say though, I really miss Glorfindel and his friendship with Elrond. He would have been such a rock for him during this change. It would be so nice to see a sequence when Elrond and Galadriel have adjusted to life in Aman, and the arrival of Glorfindel, Celeborn, and hopefully, the twins.
Great job, as always.
Helenllama chapter 27 . 2/1/2016
Delighted to see this chapter. Been getting rather impatient in the waiting

In some versions of the leganadrium Galathil is the great-grandfather of Elrond And is a more natural way of describing a relationship. Now to get Celebrian to say what see has been up to for the last 500 years.

Glad to see that Elrond (& Galadriel) are slowly getting better.

Now to try and wait patiently for more.
Guest chapter 27 . 1/31/2016
Glad to see another chapter. Curious as to where this is headed.
angelswillfall chapter 27 . 1/31/2016
yay!
Someone chapter 26 . 10/29/2015
I cannot express in words how much I love your stories! I have read them again and again, never tiring. It is truly wonderful how you bring each character to life. I look forward to reading more from you!
Ardhoniel Marvelite chapter 26 . 8/25/2015
Great chapter! Looking forward to Elmo meeting Elrond...
angelswillfall chapter 26 . 8/23/2015
I have been slowly and steadily making my way through all of your Elrond fics, and I have finally reached the end! (Well, not really. I was so happy to find out that this story is still in progress - It means I have more to enjoy!). I just wanted to write a really long review to tell you how much I love your fics, honestly they are the best Elrond-life story fics I have ever read. You really capture his character and show that he really is "as kind as summer". :) What I probably love most about your fics is the way you write all the relationships, friendships, etc. You have included so many characters from all of Tolkien's lore, and your OCs that you have included are just as fleshed out and interesting and lovable as the canon characters. Here are a few of my favorite aspects of your fics:

1. Elrond/Celebrian. I love this pairing so much and you have written them so well. I love that you really made Celebrian a strong character all on her own, she is more than just Elrond's wife that was captured, and she is more than just Galadriel's daughter. She is funny and smart and she just loves Elrond so much, its great. I love how you put in that she is good with the bow, and how she led the elleth on patrols in Lorien during the War. I'm not gonna lie, I have cried a little at some points in your fics and its always been about Elrond/Celebrian. Like, in Forging the Future when Elrond is being ignored by the dancing Avari elves, I was just thinking "don't worry bb, you are going to meet Celebrian and she is going to love you so much", ugh so sad. And then I get more sad thinking about what happens to her.

2. Elrond/Glorfindel. Alright, so this is a personal OTP for me so the little hints and references to it you have put in makes me so happy. Glorfindel is such a wonderful character, he loves Elrond and Celebrian so much, and respects them so much. Its great that Celebrian recognized and understood his feelings. I hope we get a little more of this, perhaps a conversation between Glorf and Celeb, or Glorf and Elrond when Glorf arrives in Aman.

3. Elwing. She is probably my favorite female Silm character. The strange this is I wouldn't say I *like* her, but I have always found her so interesting and intriguing. I have always felt there was something a little... dark? about her, something strange. Of course I am referring to the Silmaril and how that affects a person, and I really like how you've written that (Earendil still feeling the pull of the Silmaril, etc). You have written Earendil/Elwing very strong, I like that their relationship isn't perfect and I LOVE that you have thought about how young they were when they got together, because its TRUE. They got together very young, and the overall unknown about these two characters is very compelling and I really like how much attention you've given them.

Alright, that's all for now but I could keep talking if I wanted to. Just wanted to let you know how much I love your work, and I can't wait to read the rest! Cheers :)