Reviews for Departures and Arrivals
missiongirl87 chapter 26 . 7h
Awesome story! Please update soon! ;)
TheHouseWitch chapter 26 . 2/5
I am so glad that you updated this story. I am always thrilled when I see an update from you. This chapter was very enjoyable. Though I love my Elves, it's also interesting to see Frodo's progress. I always adore the interactions between Elrond/Celebrían and Gil-galad/Indiriel. The most interesting part, to me, was Galadhon's resistance to see Elrond. I hope you will explore further Elrond meeting his ancestors.
I really hope you update soon!
Helenllama chapter 26 . 2/3
Great to see this chapter.

It was good to see that Frodo, Elrond and Dior are healing,

So another new aspect of healing coming in - healing the family of the royal family of Doriath and the trouble they have had accepting each other and especially the descendents of Luthien plus Elwings isolation from the rest of the family. I like the way you hint back to how mixed heritage Elrond actually is and how that actually shows.
Glad to see another chapter as I love your stories of Elrond and his family.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
Loved ur Elrond-centric stories. Could u plz write more?
I would love to see a piece where he is the hero or leading his race... wouldn't mind if canon-divergent. In fact, I never liked the elves deserting middle-earth. How would Elrond act if the elves had to defend their lands in middle-earth because they had nowhere else to go? Would there be conflict with other races/men? How would an immortal race deal with never dying leaders and new challengers to power? Wouldn't mind some political intrigue and exploration of social customs.(i.e. the implications of generations of elves being young and available;)
Ataia chapter 25 . 10/29/2014
Beautiful story.

I love reading about Elrond in the 4th Age/Valinor.

Thank you for sharing.
Guest chapter 25 . 10/19/2014
still really really enjoying this. nice to see everyone starting to heal.
Lady Celeborn x Haldir chapter 25 . 9/25/2014
Thank you sooo much for updating, I love this chapter! Thanks for the birthday present:):)
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 25 . 9/20/2014
Excellent. I can't help admiring the way you portray such important characteres. It is the best lesson of writing I had. Thanks a lot for sharing this with us.
love
Sadie
Levade chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Hi Oleanne!

I love how you write Elrond, both as wise and fierce yet with vulnerability. Your care of him is clear. I love the idea of him preparing gifts to be given after he's gone, and that he gets to meet Eldarion in his vision is so sweet! I always thought how sad it was that he had to sail before any of his grandchildren were born. Lovely and touching chapter. On to read more! :)
Peace,
levade
Livia09 chapter 25 . 9/17/2014
You updated! Thank you! I am so happy that everyone is on the mend. I hope Elwing and Earendil will get to know each other better over the next chapters. Imagine being married for millennia and your husband doesn't know you cook! Much love Livia
AmazingWriter123 chapter 25 . 9/17/2014
I think Gilwen is adorable. It's good to see Elrond on the mend
Marvel-Tolkien Fangirl chapter 25 . 9/16/2014
Great chapter :) Recovery seems to be coming (slowly) to all our favourite characters. Let's hope it stays that way, and that nothing else goes wrong!
TheHouseWitch chapter 24 . 8/31/2014
Before I start the review I want to begin to apologize for the late review. I thought I had reviewed it before but I hadn't, so I apologize profusely for that. On another note, I really enjoyed this chapter. It's really nice to read a story where the main character doesn't suffer the entirety of the story. I really like that about your writing, you write both hurt but also comfort, which in reality often takes its time. I am really glad to see Elrond healing and I always enjoy reading the parts between Elrond and Celebrían. I also really enjoyed the connection you made between Elrond and his parents, how they were more alike than they realized. I also really liked the exchange between the hobbits and Elwing and Earendil. Though I am really curious about what truly happened to Elwing.
I cannot wait to read more of this story, and hope that you will update soon.
Helenllama chapter 24 . 8/5/2014
I have been waiting rather impatiently for this chapter :)

Anyway again it is a lovely chapter, with some really nice scenes. I like the fish "talking". And nice to see Elrond is well on the way to physically getting better, but his spirit is still slow to recover.

A couple of small things - you mention Olwe twice in one sentence about discussing Elrond moving to the forest, and the last sentence, I am assuming is meant to be Galathil. But the sentence before that seems to be Elronds POV.