Reviews for The Long Con
Frakking Toasters chapter 10 . 2/5/2014
I loved this so so so very much. I read it with the image of broken Sammy's face in my head from that time in the series, and it hurt my heart and my stomach it was just so gut wrenchingly tragic. That he would accept that abuse and still believe it was Dean was so sad. Sure he started to believe there was something wrong with Dean, but he still thought it was Dean. But to have him fully buy into him deserving that much abuse and deserving to die. GAH!
This was truly first class, A Grade, Primo whumpage my dear, and I salute you. Love Love Love xo
Mendai Decovrii chapter 10 . 12/16/2013
Ah! That ending was perfect! Sam teasing Dean about chick flicks and Dean doing it anyway. It makes my heart happy. This felt a lot like an ep with the way you worked the cliff hangers and jerk Dean. Also, it felt like you slowly changed the tone of Sam's thoughts as you went along, so it wasn't odd when he stopped thinking clearly. I could feel the cramped, injured thinking as it developed under lucifer's care. Nicely done.
Jamaican Princess Rocquellan chapter 10 . 9/29/2013
Really engaging story! Poor sam, I love when he gets hurt (and survives it) so bad and big brother protective dean is my drug of choice. Thanks for the wonderful story :D
Caladrius chapter 10 . 8/20/2013
Ahh man. These boys and the things they do to each other...but that's one of the reasons why I love this series after all. Poor Sam and Dean. Gosh.

And for the record, I have a reputation for being an evil sonofabitch, and I rate your Lucifer head a perfect 10. Once you know what a character loves most of all and fears most of all, you can do the worst possible damage, and your Lucifer (and Sammy's brain) did just that. In spades. Congratulations.

Well done! I'm looking forward to the next one!
Caladrius chapter 9 . 8/20/2013
Deannnnnn T_T
"In case you haven't noticed, it's always got something to do with Sam."
It does. It ALWAYS has something to do with Sam...

"He didn't want to die. He was sure he was bound for hell again, despite what Jess had said, and he didn't want to doom himself to an eternity there. Not again. But this wasn't about what he wanted; it was about what Dean needed. He needed to be set free."
Just...JESUS MAN! This fic is killing me. T_T Sammy, baby, you aren't ever going to go to hell again. *bawl*

Ugh man. Holy crap. It's like the season 8 ending only about ten times sadder. You really nailed it, here. The emotion was just...ughhhhh. And Dean, smart Dean, good thinking. Thank God...and yet, Goddammit, Sammy Head!

And also I want to take a second to point out that THIS is a real cliffhanger. A cliffhanger is not the feeling of "oh man, I'm curious as to what will happen next" as some people seem to think it is. A cliffhanger is "a character is two seconds from dying OMFG!" Very few people get the difference. Thank God I have another chapter to read...
Caladrius chapter 8 . 8/20/2013
Oh my dear God the pain. It's that pain in my tummy, the one I get when I'm empathizing WAYYYY too much with a fictional character.
The pain came from this line:
"Someone like him should be locked up. Shackled to a bed in a hospital where he could never hurt anyone again, somewhere that Dean wouldn't be able to reach him again. As Lucifer had been right; Sam was a curse, and he had destroyed Dean's life."

And this one:
" Why did his brain have to produce Lucifer as a hallucination? Why couldn't it be his mother? He knew the answer, though he was loathe to admit it. His mind could only recreate what it knew, and Sam hadn't known his mother. It was an appalling thought that he was more familiar with Lucifer, Satan himself, than he was his own mother."

And this one:
"You will be doing this for Dean," Lucifer whispered against his ear. "Freeing him finally."

Forget it. Every single line is making me hurt. God, Sam. You are the King of hurting yourself. Holy crap. I mean, NO ONE could hurt you as well as you hurt yourself. Never. Guhhhhhhh I thought last chapter was Ultimate Sad Cal, but there's more ultimate sad here.
Caladrius chapter 7 . 8/20/2013
Oh shit. Just...Oh God. That was so sad. I don't even have words.
"Of course you are," Lucifer said with a smile. "This is what you want. Everything I have done to you, everything I have said, is what you made happen. I am not real. I am a creation of your mind. And, Sam, your mind wants you to kill yourself."

T_T Cal feels ultimate sadness...
Caladrius chapter 6 . 8/20/2013
"He looked at the closed bathroom door and wondered what version of his brother he was dealing with today. The singing was a good sign, but he wasn't about to get his hopes up"

Ugggghhhhhh Deannnnnnn. I imagine this is what Sam goes through on a DAILY BASIS anyway because, damn, Dean, when you have a bug up your butt you can be a straight up dick. I love you, but it's so true. And walking on eggshells around certain people with certain very STRONG reactions to things can be freaking EXHAUSTING. Frankly, I don't know how Sam put up with it for all those years.

"He pulled his duffel over and pulled out a clean set of clothes. They would need to make a stop at a Laundromat soon; he was running low on clean clothes, and if he was, Dean was, too."

Shameless plug: LOL I wrote a very short wtf fic for PSN called "Laundry Day." It was my first ever SPN fic and I still really like it. I can't help but think of it anytime the Winchester's require a couple hours to wash their shorts...

" He wasn't speaking to Jess, not really, he was speaking to himself. Saying the things he needed to say."
Like this whole entire story so far. But Damn, Sam, you are so hard on yourself. T_T

Oh jeez, man. That graveside scene seriously choked me up. Dammit, Sammy! I know what it's like to feel guilty all the time because I was Catholic for most of my life, but, God. Wake up! Get mad! Confront the cruel Deanifer in your head! He's just finding every excuse to hurt you! God! The irony is that Sam rejected the real Dean because "Dean wuld never hurt me" but what the hell do you call THIS? WAKE UPPPP.
Caladrius chapter 5 . 8/19/2013
Oh man, Sam, waakkkkkeeee uppppppp! But eventually he's going to put two and two together. Still, because he made his choice in that warehouse and won't want to imagine how horrible it would be if he made the WRONG choice (again. -his thought process) it's going to take him even longer to accept that he screwed up big time. Jeeeeez
Caladrius chapter 4 . 8/19/2013
"Strangely, Dean hadn't picked up on Sam's disquiet."
See, Sam? That should have been your first clue. Dean might be a dick about it, but he certainly never fails to know when something is on your mind...

" He didn't see people anymore, he saw potential victims that he could save. His father would be so proud. He finally had the hunter's mindset."

Cry cry cry... T_T Damn you, Johhnnnn! *shakes fist* But this...totally this. So very Samlike.

Holy crap, if Sam imagines that Dean is going to watch his back again, it might be the last thing he does. UGHHHH!
Caladrius chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
"Sam allowed himself a small smile. Dean was acting more like his old self than he had in a long time. Sam didn't realize how much Dean had changed over the last few years. There had been plenty to change him, most of it Sam's own fault. He had been the one that popped Lucifer out of his cage. He had been the one that had become addicted to demon blood. He had been the one that had thrown himself into Hell to trap Lucifer once and for all. So many mistakes had heaped on his account. He wondered how Dean had been able to stick with him for so long."

Man. That just breaks my heart, and good for you for picking all of this out since this is pretty much EXACTLY the sentiments Sam reveals at the end of season 8!

and this:
"He played the message through twice. He told himself it was to see if there were any clues in the background noise to Sam's whereabouts, but really he just wanted to reassure himself that his brother was okay."

Awww maaaannnnnnnnnnnnn. T_T Deanerrrrsss!

and this:
"Apparently me more than anyone. I've driven my brother off."
"Now, that's not what I am saying. If Sam was in his right mind, he would never have gone. But he's not. He's got Satan riding shotgun and pressing his buttons. On some unconscious level, he might even be thinking he's doing the right thing by us to take himself out of the equation. The boy is known for staggering acts of sacrifice."

RIGHT?! And dammit, Dean, why don't you ever let your inside-head voice be your outside voice and just tell the kid that he's doing okay! For crying out loud. But it still leaves me wondering: is it Sam's head vs. Sam's head or is it Sam's head vs. Lucifer...Either way, Sam has a habit of doing a number on himself by overthinking every little thing. Dean, I hope you get to him before it's too late!
Caladrius chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
Poor Sam. He wants so much to stay on Dean's good side all the time. Like, it defines almost everything he does including the lies he tells to cover up what he thinks Dean will disapprove of. And, sadly, that kind of backseat attitude here is just sinking him further and further into Lucifer's control. I wish Dean had figured out just how much his offhand comments in the past had hurt his sensitive little brother before it got to this point.
Caladrius chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Ughhhh God, Luciferrrrrrr. Always making things so complicated!
I love you for that, Lucy.
Two rules of psychology if you want to accurately torture a person: Find out what he loves most of all and find out what he fears most of all. And then, put the two together. As long as you know that much, you can manipulate just about anyone.
Poor Dean! Damn, it really sucks to be thought of as the devil for trying to help...
AlElizabeth chapter 10 . 8/2/2013
Good fic. I'm glad Sam wasn't seriously hurt and that Dean got there in time. Keep up the great work!
AlElizabeth chapter 2 . 7/31/2013
NO Sam! That's not Dean!
The real Dean wouldn't blame Sam for his wall coming down and his mind being flooded with memories of Hell! And he wouldn't be such an asshole about it!
And now the real Dean's got a broken leg... how are he and Bobby going to go look for Sam now?
This keeps getting better and better.