Reviews for Fear Itself
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Dark, yes, but ultimately hopeful. Good story.
RavenMerc chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Beautiful. It really brings home just how far off the reservation the series has gotten from then. You do a wonderful job of showing that no matter how much is between them, they still care and there's hope for them. It reminded me of why I was watching the show in the first place. Thank you.

My interest in watching it has declined steadily since season six, but one of the reasons I still watch is so I know the references in your fics.

I can watch when they've got a gulf between them, as they did in your fic here. Actually, that tends to be somewhat par for the course. But the "creative" staff now thinks that the gulf needs to be the size of the Pacific Ocean, which doesn't make for more drama and interest, at least not for me. And now they keep trying to completely sever the ties that bind them as a family, at which point I just get tired and sad and turn it off.
Katiki chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Hey, great to see you (or, read you, actually) again! :)

I'm past being ambivalent about this season, I had to stop watching the show a couple of episodes ago. It breaks my heart, but I just couldn't stand to see Sam and Dean written so horribly out of character. Supernatural for me has always been about brothers who would die for each other, not brothers who would leave each other for dead.

So it was bittersweet to read this and reconnect with the characters and realize how much I miss them and remember why it is I fell in love with them in the first place.

You did such an amazing job of getting into all the characters' heads, and I loved the theme of fear running throughout, and how each of them felt it and dealt with it.

What Dean did in the end was very poignant, and very Dean: letting Sam know through an action that he still loved him.

I look forward to your next story!
wandamarie chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
loved the story thanks keep up the good work
sammynanci chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I have the soul made chips! Cruelly beautiful was this, go to sleep and see how I do to reassemble the pieces you've left all scattered with crying this has me so scared that they are the ones who can not put the pieces together and go back to being the brothers were. Damned angels and demons! Damn!
DeepLittleSOB chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I liked this one. You are very good at taking an episode that speaks to you for whatever reason and filling in the blanks the show just doesn't have time to. I always enjoy how you get into their heads, especially during the tough, more trying times.

Also, I too am very conflicted about this season. It had the potential to be interesting and good, but it's coming off disjointed at best. What happened to closing hell and Kevin... and why has Sam's 'normal' life been so freakin' soap opera like!? Good God, they should just hire some of us to write!
cappy712 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Oh wow, that was just wow! I have tears in my eyes from this and it was wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I was just wondering yesterday where you had run off to and then here this is. Yay! Even though it's painful, it goes along well with the sadness and pain of this season.

As always, I'm a fan.
RainbowBetty chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
This was beautiful. For some reason, this: "Another muted sound from the shower, and a thump, as if fist had struck futilely at tile." Is so Sam, and so very sad and hopeless-sounding, and the fact that you have Dean offer a tiny gesture of comfort when that's really all he has in him but it's just enough. So perfect.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Very, very good story! Love it. Such a horribly painful time for all of them and you totally did it justice!
Psychee chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I enjoyed these scenes. It was a hard season and these are just the right amount of painful.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Oooh ouch! This made me want to revisit seasons 4 and 5 again. Which is no bad thing! It's interesting that you've pointed out how this was where the boys' relationship began to falter. I think that's continuing even into season 8, but I'm hopeful they'll be fixed eventually!
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
A really hopeful ending and I liked the consideration of how Bobby got possessed. Thanks for writing
CarolAnnly chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Lovely and sad. The things those boys have been through! I had forgotten that Bobby had been possessed. Your backstory on that was excellent. As was the sense of futility - it seems our brothers can never catch a break.

Season 8 sure has our brothers at odds with each other (AGAIN!)
I know that they have to mature (as everyone keeps saying) but not at the expense of their brotherly bond - the trust is gone. So sad and frustrating. They seem to have lost their commitment to one another. Breaks my heart.
Giacinta2 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Nice piece; angsty, but that's where the boys were at that moment. However then at least they had a valid reason to be wary of each other.

Sam believed he was doing the right thing. If he had known that killing Lilith would have released Lucifer he would never have done it.
In fact he was dubious right to the end and I believe that the altered voice mail from Dean calling him a monster pushed him over the edge. Then of course Castiel had a hand pushing things forward too.

Just want to say that the current season is not my SPN; It's some AU SPN with the drama completely contrived. What a shame.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »