Reviews for How To Be A Muggle
the lola chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Oh, I really liked this! You made Audrey a great character, and I love the idea of them with her characterization because she's the type of girl that could balance him out, and help him, and not be afraid to say what she thinks. I loved how welcoming her family was, and it was funny how he didn't know any of the games - bless him!
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Aww, this was really really cute! I love Christmas fics, so this was lovely to read.

Interesting idea that Percy went to live as a Muggle for a while because he was too guilty to go back to his family. It was interesting that he actually wasn't a very good waiter, because I doubt there was ever much that he wasn't good at before.

Audrey was really sweet to him, and I really liked the family dynamic in her home and how Percy didn't fit in, but she liked him all the more for that. Lovely integration of Muggle traditions that Percy knew nothing about xD

And the kiss was just the perfect ending. Well done!
lowi chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
This is adorable! I remember that I've read the sequel to this (at least I think so?) and this was such a nice read!

You captured Percy really well in this, and Audrey is wonderfully characterised.

I also like the idea that Percy would try to live as a muggle for a time.

Great work!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Yay, Percy! And I think it was more of a risk to spend the evening with Audrey's family than even to kiss her :) I liked the balance of feeling pride in his work, being frustrated at not being able to use magic, his self-deprecation, and his willingness to play along with the Muggles.
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Great work! I enjoyed it :)
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Aww, so lovely! I really like the idea of Muggle!Audrey now, so this is now in my headcanon XD

I have a finicky language error for you that you missed though...

"Not once asking his motifs for not" - motifs should be motives

Seriously so cute though! :D
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
This was just brilliant! I like how Percy tries to learn to be a Muggle after his dismissal from the Ministry out of shame for what he done to his family. Good job!

(PS. I love the fact that Audrey is a Muggle, just like in my headcanon. :)
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
This was really interesting. I like your idea of having Percy working in a muggle restaurant and that's where he meets Audrey. It's a really sweet and interesting thought and I love how Audrey invites him over to spend christmas with her family and that Percy kisses her at the end. There were a few SPaG mistakes but nothing that really took away from the story.

Keep up the amazing work and DFTBA!
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
This was really really cute and I think you wrote this really well. Percy seemed pretty IC to me (and he's one of my favorite almost hated minor characters so I love you for writing me that well :p)
Great job!
AmzyD chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
I really like the way you've put Percy in this situation and the fact that it's not cheesey but more subtle sweet. Your writing is really good here, you describe things so well
burning happiness chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I've only read a few Percy-Centric pieces, but this one I really like. I've always known that Audrey and Percy were a canon couple in the real series, but I never pictured Audrey as a muggle. I think this was a really smart plotline to take on. Great job.
-littlemissreadaholic
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
D'aww! I like your Audrey a lot. I kind of like the whole Muggle!Audrey scenario. It's always interesting to see how people portray her and I adore that she's the kind of person who would take Percy in and kinda force him to have a good time on Christmas Eve. I think that they'd complement each other that way. And at the end where he kisses her is so sweet because I think he'd just want a little bit of affection after being separated from his family for so long. Cute
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
This is really cute. It's not really how I see Audrey, but I liked her in this nonetheless, and I liked the personality that you gave her. I've never seen her with siblings, but I like that you included them, as well as Audrey's brother's girlfriend. I think you characterized Percy well, and I can picture him being a little worried about the possibility of bringing Audrey to the Burrow ('The' doesn't need to be capitalized unless it's at the beginning of a sentence) for a Weasley Christmas. I think you highlighted the difference between magic and Muggle culture very well, also, and I can definitely imagine Percy being confused when spending a whole night with Muggles and doing Muggle things, especially watching television. I really liked this, great work!
Eliza Donelittle chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
I'm so impressed that you're writing in a language that is not your native one! I wouldn't have known if I hadn't read your profile. There are a couple of typos and a couple of grammatical errors e.g. 'still feeling very awkwardly' instead of 'still feeling very awkward' and 'burst out in laughter' instead of 'burst out laughing'. However, I thought it was a good story and made Percy seem a much more interesting and engaging character than in the books. Audrey made a very likeable heroine. it's a great idea, someone from the magical world trying to adapt to living in the Muggle world and seeing our world through their eyes. I'm going to read the sequel now.
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Yay for Percy and Audrey! I love that Audrey is a muggle, and the traditions her family has are really cool. I like that percy was trying to adapt as well as he could to being a muggle, but didn't quite succeed.

One thing,

"Not once asking his motifs"

I think you meant 'Motives' not 'motifs' while they sound the same, the first is the reasonf ro doing something, while the second (according to my ipads dictionary) is to do with art and music apparently :)

I really enjoyed this, and I loved the kiss at the end. Aweso e job!