Reviews for Just a Feeling
Hahaha. Nice ending.
HAMUCHA chapter 2 . 7/23/2013
What a suspense.
Guest chapter 7 . 6/15/2013
Cute in some ways but in some ways quite dark. I think you did a good job on Peter and El.
Kiryat chapter 7 . 6/1/2013
Gorgeous, the whole thing was just gorgeous. I loved about every word of this story. Great build-up, really spooky air of menace, and as usual, wonderful writing. Its sort of like a salutary tale - almost a of kind of fable. So many scary what-ifs.

Too many good things to go thru but the biggy remains the way you write El and Peter. They are adults, they love each other, they get hot and heavy...go figure. There's a really powerful feeling of sensuality in some of your descriptions. And yeah - Peter is one sexy man!

All three characters are in need of hugs throughout. I loved they way they all feel guilty for something that's really no one's fault. You did a fab job of showing how much they all care deep down. Neal being so snarky and then this...

'Neal continued to stare at him and his Adam's apple worked noiselessly. For a brief second, any pretext of a mask had slipped, and his eyes were naked with agony. If there was ever any issue – any shadow of a doubt – that their relationship had become more than professional, then the question had been answered in that instant and Peter wasn't left with any reservations.'

I was truly thrilled with it!

The ending was all sweet and fluffy - almost. El finally reaches some kind of resolution with her feelings, but you still leave us with the unanswered question as to whether or not Peter - his spirit, soul, doppelgänger, or whatever, actually came to visit her on that terrible afternoon. Just a hint of the supernatural.

Then last of all, just to add the icing on the cake and bring us all back to warm fuzzies, Peter hoping she 'might want to make nice...'

Awesome!
Kiryat chapter 6 . 6/1/2013
Wow - just wow. I'm almost left speechless by this chapter. So much beauty and so much menace. It's like a combination of a ghost story with a tale of deepest gut wrenching heartache. The descriptions of the house, the sky, the weather - Elizabeth's feelings of loneliness and terror - they just made my hair stand on end. Your writing is beautiful and sad and conjures up all her fear and emptiness. And then when Peter appears to her - I was really afraid he had died and this was his ghost come back for one last visit.

Everything is so bitter and so full of what-ifs. She knows he would never have hurt her on purpose and yet if he's dead, she will be truly broken. I loved it!

Even Neal breaking into the house was right. It could only be one of three people and El knows only one has a key. Symbolic much! I adored how he can tell how afraid she is but was considerate enough to tell the cab to wait. Perfect!
Kiryat chapter 5 . 6/1/2013
Yeah, I kinda figured it was his appendix. Its easy enough to mistake the early symptoms for something else, especially if you're determined to ignore them. Oh bad Peter!

I was very taken by some of Neal's thoughts. Its so true, and so very like him, to worry about exit strategies and making his escape. The sheer relief when he realizes he's 'legit' and can actually lie back and take time to recover from something so severe as a bullet wound made me feel a little sad. Makes you wonder how many times he's had to ignore his injuries in the past. There certainly is a lot to be said for honesty. What a shame he doesn't take that mantra more on board. And again we have the dichotomy of him wanting to kick out against Peter, rebel and take control of his life again, and then feeling 'oddly averse' to the idea. Just so true and so Neal!

And poor, poor Elizabeth. So confused and feeling so guilty and scared...
Kiryat chapter 4 . 6/1/2013
What the hell, Jones?

How not - really - to tell someone their one and only might be hurt! And Neal shot and Peter collapsed... poor El. I liked the way El pieced the clues together when she walked back into the house. And its so true, the way some guys totally avoid any kind of health issue to the point of being stupid about things. Again, you build up the atmosphere when El realizes how quiet the house seems. Good stuff!

The best bit was her thoughts about him and their earlier goodbyes when she was in the bedroom. The sensuality of this paragraph -

'Looking down at her watch she was surprised to find it was far earlier than expected. That passionate goodbye in the hallway now seemed like a lifetime ago. God, the press of his mouth and the scent of him, and the feel of his strong arms around her. Her immediate arousal as his hand stroked her skin and the warmth of his breath in her hair. If he left…her lungs dry heaved painfully, if he left, her whole body would miss him, each nerve-fibre, atom and particle, and every single-damned-one of her cells.' It made me shiver.

And OMG Peter, his stream of consciousness at the end, trying so hard to fight off the pain and recall events happening around him. It was just heart rending. He clearly has no idea if Neal is okay or how they're going to get out of this horrible mess alive.
Kiryat chapter 3 . 6/1/2013
The way you build up tension in this story is just wonderful. Once again, you set the scene by describing the dismal weather, the unusual darkness, the shadows... I just knew something was going to go badly wrong. Peter's sort of in a Catch 22 here. The penny's dropped and he knows something is up, but it's too late to risk blowing the op.

Neal feels it too - a sense of omen. Wonderful!

O'Hara's a good villain, affable but menacing, and all thru we have the subtext of Peter feeling much worse. Then it all turns in a second...both men in deadly danger!

I love this.
Kiryat chapter 2 . 6/1/2013
'You look like something Satchmo coughed up-"

I loved this. Neal, please trust your instincts, but I kinda know he's going to regret not doing so. The ending tickled all my funny boxes. Trust Neal to try and take advantage of Peter's 'Neanderthal' state of mind. This was spot on. The guy's banter was very true and could have been in an episode.

Have to say I loved Elizabeth best. I really felt for her as she argued back and forward with her common sense and her conscience. The revelation, almost psychic flash of intuition she had was just wonderfully described. Go home, girl!
Kiryat chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Oh Peter, Oh Elizabeth!

Such an air of disaster you've set up for us here. I absolutely love the way you lay the foundations for something to go disastrously wrong!

And I also love the way you have El and Peter as an adult couple who are very physically, as well as emotionally in love. I read a mass of fic on this site which has them as 'mom and pop' stereotypes - usually with Neal as their child. Not a hint of passion in sight. What the bejeezus is up with that!

And next we have it - Peter isn't feeling too great. He's being a typical pig-headed man and hiding it from his wife. I just know this is going to get a lot worse.

Great beginning and lyrical writing as usual.
Wyvern chapter 7 . 3/18/2013
Hey Lisa, this was perfect. Romantic, dramatic and incredibly well written, it pushed all the right buttons for me. I like what you do with Peter and Elizabeth. It's nice to see them acting like a real couple instead of pseudo parents or carers for Neal.

And talking of Neal, it was good to have him acknowledge how much Peter truly means to him without dissolving into tears. The way he acts like a feral cat was just right and I liked the way both men sort of admitted their feelings without getting all mushy about it.

Great job!
Guest chapter 7 . 2/14/2013
I just started watching White Collar on Netflix and I'm truly loving it. I came here looking for Peter stories but was so disappointed. Most of the fics on here seem to be a strange assortment of Neal hurt/comfort where Peter is described as being close to an idiot or very cruel. On the show he is clearly neither so why do people write him this way?

Then I found this story and it was like all my prayers had been answered. A story which tells the true version of Peter and Elizabeth and their relationship. Neal is good in it too, more like he is on the show. You don't write him as a baby or a goody two shoes which he most decidedly isn't!

Hats off to you for writing this and I hope you do some more very soon!
melles chapter 7 . 1/31/2013
Oh, what a wonderful (last) chapter! Your insight was brilliant and your description of Peter and Elizabeth's worries and thoughts just fit. Peter wouldn't risk his life intentionally, but he simply misjudged the symptoms. Loved the talk between Neal and Peter. As well as the scenes with El later that day/evening/night. They are such a great couple and they make a difference!

I've noticed that the story was shorter than your other pieces, but I'm fine with that. Thanks for writing such a great story and taking the time to post it.
Wondo chapter 7 . 1/30/2013
Terrific ending! You never cease to amaze us with beautifully crafted stories. As others have mentioned, your words flow like poetry.

I enjoyed your depiction of Neal's naked fear over losing Peter. We often only get vague hints on the show.
Peter was left without any reservations about Neal's sincerity; the men slipped back into their comfortably amiable status quo.

Thanks for this lovely Peter-centric fic. We need more.