Reviews for Clark Kent: Man of Steel
Exodus5 chapter 30 . 2/20
This is an interesting story but you don't really seem to understand how Superman's powers work. Kryptonians don't have an upper power limit of yellow sun exposure. In fact it's commonly shown that Superman is constantly getting stronger as he gets older. Superman's upper limit is literally infinity and while you have written a very weak (power wise) version of Superman (which is not wrong) he will get stronger as time goes on. I did enjoy the battle between Luthor and Superman as you cut to the real heart of the matter. There battle isn't physical their really fighting for humanities soul and in a fight like that Superman is going to be way outmatched. We just have to see the world around us for the truth of that.
GravityHasNoLimit chapter 30 . 1/21
I read this in one go and a sequel would be nice. I really liked this, and it's probably one of the best Superman fanfictions on this site.
agentinfinity chapter 30 . 12/15/2013
You did a great job. Take pride in this accomplishment. It was Super.
SuzanOfSouthern chapter 28 . 12/2/2013
Wow... in every sense of the word. I really, really enjoyed this chapter. This is probably one of the most gripping ones you've written. The ending was fantastic; I can't wait to see how this develops!

I like how the story has progressed, how you are incorporating Batman into all of this as well. The beginning section was a great way for you to help the reader understand your Batman a little more, and why he feels the way he does. The way you write Zod, I am actually hearing Michael Shannon's voice while I read his dialogue. And Supes/Clark Kent is definitely more in the vein of New 52 than anything else I've seen thus far. It is quite extraordinary reading these characters in such a different setting and with new and unplanned twists and turns. I can't wait to see Luthor again; I'm hoping for possibly a team-up. Or for Batman to hunt him down and for Supes to work on getting rid of Zod. Which does lead to the question of if the Phantom Zone still exists or not, and can be used again to capture Zod. Intriguing stuff, Malquoria. Your writing makes me think of countless scenarios that could emerge from what's already posted.

Your writing style is perfect for this story, and continues to improve. No noticeable spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes I can see.

I just wanted to let you know how much I really enjoyed this last chapter, and how I can't wait to see what else you have up that writer's sleeve of yours. Great job, and keep it up!

Suzan Of Southern, member of the Council
Guest chapter 28 . 12/2/2013
Nice work. I loved the way you had Batman being able to see Superman's humanity. The ending of this chapter is good and I would love to see more of this.
Marinelife37 chapter 28 . 11/30/2013
great chapter. I love the way you portrayed Lois meeting Batman. I can see him being abrupt with her and her not listening to him.
JamesTKent chapter 27 . 11/20/2013
Well, I've just read up to the latest chapter, and while I'm not in entire agreement with some of your characterizations, I'm really liking the direction you're going.
rjww chapter 27 . 11/18/2013
Nothing short of another excellent story, chapter, whatever.
ProwlHawthorne chapter 26 . 7/24/2013
Update soon! I love this story and would love to be reading more of this! Keep up the awesome work!
Superfan2 chapter 25 . 7/24/2013
Why did the missile take so much out of Superman? Luthor planned it as a test. Was there kryptonite in the missile? As long as his aura is intact Superman's suit should be as invulnerable to damage as he is. Great story.
SuzanOfSouthern chapter 26 . 6/24/2013
YES! I was hoping Zod would show up, albeit, this is quite the predicament now. It will be curious to see if Luthor was at the conference, and if he approaches Zod at all. You are bold, my friend. Very, very bold. But it's working, and I'm still anticipating how this will all turn out.

Zod's proclamation is definitely going to be a game-changer, especially if he thinks he's the only Kryptonian left. Continue on, my friend. This story just keeps getting better. (even if the chapters are a little short.)
ceps chapter 19 . 6/22/2013
you a[so forget that c[ark has much more time to absorb the sun of earth and is therefore much more powerfu[ than zod is at the moment
ceps chapter 3 . 6/22/2013
his suit wasnt specia[ by comics his body emits an aura a short bit from his skin so that protects the suit to because its skin tight
StarryEve17 chapter 25 . 6/19/2013
Wow I really love this story! Excellent writing, I can't wait to see what happens next! Please update soon!
SuzanOfSouthern chapter 25 . 6/19/2013
"...had he didn't see something from the corner of his eye." You might want to change didn't to not... A little thing, really, but it pulled me out of the story. Otherwise, this is a pretty awesome chapter. I like the flashback of him bringing Chloe's casket back to Smallville. It shows us who Clark Kent is, not just Superman, and that is really crucial when people write stories about Superman. You present his duality very well in your story, and are really intriguing me with how things are progressing in this story.

I'm usually very astute in discerning plots and knowing beforehand where things are usually going. However, I am honestly not sure what to think at this point. I know Luthor's testing him, but we haven't seen Zod for a chapter or two now. I really hope that's who the next chapter focuses on, because I am really curious as to how this is going to pan out.

I would be more than happy to beta for this story, if you want... (I'm also a sucker for wanting to see things before everyone else.) It's just minor stuff. And I understand if you don't want one. Regardless, I figured I'd offer.