Reviews for The Frost Spirit and the Honey Tree
Boring and when I red the first paragraph it was not interesting so I scrolled down and reviewed this boring chapter one and I red it before and this is not Anansi.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/3/2014
I truly and firmly believe that you've the best writer on this site
MugetsuPipefox chapter 5 . 10/3/2014
I really enjoyed this :3 I think the introspection and reflection you showed of Jack's character was very deep, well thought and very important. And, I feel, that there are some people somewhere that will be able to relate to this, though perhaps not to the situation exactly. We all need companionship, to know we're wanted and cared for. Very well done.
TukeIsHappilyNotWorking chapter 5 . 7/14/2014
Cool. I like your take on Jack Frost. It feels much more real and in character than almost any other story I've run across. He's a good kid-a good protector-and he's also a reckless teenager who's been on his own too long.
splatgoesthezebu chapter 5 . 5/17/2014
I love this series _ Hope to see Anansi again in sequels.
x-smith chapter 5 . 4/17/2014
Anansi is an interesting character, you've done a good job making him his own person. his comforting Jack in chapter 4 was touching, the poor boy really needed that. i'm honestly torn with this story, because it was brilliant, but i didn't like it that much the first time i read it. half the fic seemed to be spent running Jack down, just one mistake after another with almost no redemption for it at the end. it wasn't until the second read through (yes i read it twice, and i'll probably read it again later) that i realized how well it fit Jacks character. because of course he wouldn't know at first how to work with a team, so of course he would mess things up at first. so while i didn't enjoy it as much as some of your other stories, i am glad you included it to show the learning curve throughout the series. also, nice foreshadowing for the next story, King of Cold Mountain is my favorite so far, and there will be more than one review for it, because i don't think i could fit everything i want to say in just one. :)
everydaytimelord chapter 5 . 12/13/2013
Wowzer. You have such an elegant way of story-telling. I am truly impressed by the fluid way your words meld into each other and tell such an extravagant tale. Bravo, and I look forward to reading more!
Uovoc chapter 3 . 9/16/2013
First Captain Carrot, and now Spider-Man? Where do these ingenious nicknames come from? Are you sure you've never read anything by Terry Pratchett? And that Australian slang, where do you pull that out from? Bush telly!
On another note, you're the first person I've come across who's made note of the way Bunny's tunnels don't always follow the laws of time-space.
Uovoc chapter 2 . 9/16/2013
Thanks for not making Jack a playboy. He's still a kid, really, and shipping really runs against the tone of the movie. Embarrassment is a more fitting reaction for him.
"He searched his memory. 'I don't know, a lot of people here are poor?'"
Yep, the quintessential ignorant American. While I don't know much more than Jack about Africa, other than what I read in 'Things Fall Apart,' I can still tell that you've put effort into researching both the mythology and the culture. Way to fight ignorant Americanism.
Uovoc chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
How to describe this?
How about: Perfect. Just perfect.
Sandy's expressions are so him. Light, plain, to the point. A lot of writers inadvertently leave him out, but you portray him brilliantly.
Anansi seems to just fit in this world for some reason. I can't quite explain it, but I'm very picky about introducing new mythology into ROTG. For example, naiads (don't remember which fanfic that was) don't fit. Maybe it's because Anansi has a well-defined character, or because he has intrinsically human traits. Or maybe it's because you wrote him so well. Incidentally, have you read "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman? (Maybe I accepted Anansi quickly because he's already a fully formed character in my mind.)
jackfrostsplushrump chapter 5 . 7/29/2013
OMG GUARDIAN OF STORIES LIKE MOTHER GOOSE?
Izzyaro chapter 5 . 7/22/2013
I love this. Anansi is a brilliant character; his relationship with Bunny is fascinating, and I can't wait to see more of it. The whole thing was very well written, and I'm going straight off to the sequel now. Thank you very much for writing this.
Rhiathynn chapter 5 . 5/15/2013
Just wanted to say that I actually liked your OC which is unusual for me since I hate OC's with a passion. You manage to give him a personality without going overboard and weave him into the story without overshadowing the cannon characters. I look forward to reading the sequel.
meru-chan chapter 5 . 5/2/2013
i just sat and read this all in one go and OH MY GOD, I LOVED ANANSI! This was a delightful, spectacular read and i loved Every. Single. Second of it! Now, onto the king of cold mountain! (loving this soooo much!)
sakurasapprentice7 chapter 5 . 5/1/2013
Oh fantastic!
I loved the first story but this was even better!
I like Anansi - he is wise but playful :)
I like the issues you're raising for Jack and the glimpses of his past
I'm sure the next story will be great 3