Reviews for Norman
Avengers13 chapter 1 . 4/14/2015
Awe! I never thought SUSAN would do that, (maybe just a little bit) but I loved it. :)
Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
The ending was a bit abrupt, but I liked the story on the whole.
beth-is-rainpaint chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I really liked the interactions between Peter and Edmund in this piece. I think you've captured them very, very, well, and I love the idea (possibly because my sister and I looked at kittens yesterday at the pet store) that Peter got Edmund a kitten.

One little suggestion and one bigger one about the ending - you use the phrase "unique" twice (albeit sarcastically) to describe Edmund's name for the kitty. Maybe the first time, you could just use "better" and then have Peter use "unique" when he talks to Edmund. Then the ending - I honestly expected the piece to end right after Peter says, "At least one of us does." I think that's a fitting ending for the piece in and of itself, ending with the focus on Norman, since the story is named after him. It might seem abrupt, but . . . I kind of like it that way. The ending that you have right now doesn't quite fit with the rest of the piece.

Favorite moment: probably when Peter says that their mother thinks the cat is "a splendid idea." For some reason, that really struck me.
Ailis Ceana chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Of course, Edmund WOULD get attached to a cat. :) This was sweet. I actually think the ending was good, considering the context. I think it's more realistic, though if you ever decided to write more, there would still be flow. Great fic:) would love to see more of Norman! :)
Heliopause chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
"like getting a dwarf to admit he was lost" :D This part made me grin, with its suggestion of many remembered long debates in the middle of forests!

I was sorry to read the final scene, though - why on earth make Susan verbally abusive? and why on earth make Edmund physically violent? He said, unmistakeably, that he WOULD hit a woman he wasn't related to, as a response to purely verbal provocation - which is NOT just, and hints at future (or past?) domestic or public violence.
MCH chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Norman Ed called the cat Norman honestly what a name. Very funny bet Ed smirked when Peter was home when Ed called Norman to him.

So what happened next?
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Oh, that's wonderful. Norman. Heh heh. Such a lovely and thoughtful gift. And something Edmund needed even if he wouldn't admit it, especially with Peter leaving.

I can just see Edmund there at the end, coldly listening to Susan. Chilling and well done. And I liked the very end. Poor Edmund has had to deal with Susan for six months more or less by himself. He needed a hug. I'd love to see more of this. :)