Reviews for If the Fates Allow
allieisrandom chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
HOW DID I MISS THIS THING? I needs to snuggle Kurt in this fic x I can picture so much of this happening in canon I literally do not understand how people can consider Klaine abusive. ESPECIALLY not seasons 2 and 3 Klaine. Anyways reading your fluffy oneshots is how I reward myself for completing assignments in the middle of the night, THIS IS AMAZING I WANT THIS SCENE IN CANON AND I WANT IT NOW I DON'T CARE THAT THIS STORYLINE IS OVER. YOU AND YOUR WRITING ARE AMAZING. But at the same time thank god Burt didn't stay sick in canon because with Finn dying it's already too sad for that family. Forgive me for rambling, I'm tired, okay? But your stories cheer me up x
StrainAsylum chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Very well done :) Very, very sweet. And, thank heavens, Burt didn't die.

But Kurt didn't "always have Finn and Carole". What if Burt DID have terminal cancer, and (as now) Finn does/did die...and something happened to Carole (maybe because of Finn or maybe a crash that takes both of them)...What about a Kurt, only 18-20 yrs who had everyone he ever loved die on him, one by one...except Blaine? What would Kurt do or feel?
Guest chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
It's amazing to me that we're halfway through year 4 of this show and we still don't knonw much about Kurt's Mom or how she died. It does worry me that Kurt shuts people out when he's hurting. I think Burt knows that and doesn't want Kurt to try to handle this on his own. "Every time something good happens to him…" yeah, that's pretty much it with Kurt - he can't have anything good without something terrible cropping up in the next episode. You write the father/son relationship very well. Nice story!
trufflemores chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Aww. You know, the ending reminded me again of that lovely piece you wrote when Kurt and Blaine are asleep and Kurt reflects on the fact that Blaine is always too hot in bed, that he has to have the covers mostly off himself and his shirt riding up his tummy while Kurt's just curled up in a blanket cocoon. I love how the two of them mesh in that way: Blaine loves cuddling Kurt and Kurt loves warming up with his own personal space heater. The way the two of them settle back into that simple pattern here is lovely, and it's so sweet and sad that while they still can be so close, they're emotionally still very distant from each other. Blaine doesn't even know if Kurt is awake when he asks, and that's heartbreaking, because it shows that he doesn't know if he actually has Kurt's permission to be near him. Still, Kurt needs him and Blaine's there, and they're adorable and sweet if still heart-breaking and sad.

I also thought Burt and Blaine's little talk while Kurt was asleep was interesting. I do think that Burt still overall likes Blaine even though he has messed up - badly - and needs to do a lot of work to make things better. It's good to see him showing Blaine support (the hug at the end) but also trusting Blaine to look after his one and only son. He knows that Kurt has shut out Finn and Carole in the past, and probably fears that he might even do the same to Blaine (because Blaine and Kurt have argued, too) but he knows that in the end, Blaine can get Kurt to talk. Blaine can get Kurt to come back, and Kurt needs that so he doesn't wallow in his grief if worst came to worst.

The entire scene was very sweet, if laced with sadness because of the circumstances as a whole. Things certainly aren't perfect between the two of them, but they're working on it. Slowly but surely, they're getting better.

Another lovely piece to add to your collection. Marvelous job.
LBQIO chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
fantastic
lchlava chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Ughhhh so many feels! I wanted to know what Burt and Blaine talked about and how it went without Kurt around. I wish the episode had included this. Whyyyyyy Burt?!
Joanie chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I know...I know...I feel the same way as you. Your story made me cry, but I haven't really stopped crying sing TBU. They own me, dear Klainer, whom I will never meet, but believe me that someone else loves Kurt and Blaine with all of her heart. Your story was beyond beautiful, it was inevitable. Kurt and Blaine were born for each other. I love them so much. You are not alone. Yes, I, too, believe that they will marry before Burt dies. I must believe that... Courage to all of us who love Klaine.
Miss Olivia Cellophane chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
This was gorgeous. I am officially assimilating it into my head-cannon.
emotional chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now i'm crying why did you do this to me thank you so much
Brenda Martinez chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Ughh noooo :( They will marry at 21 but don't even scare me with Burt dying! He's just too amazing and makes for one of the greatest dads ever!

On a more cheery note,
you are AMAZING. I have absolutely no idea how I stumbled onto your writing but I'm so glad that I did! Your updates are like little balls of sunshine in my mail! Baby Klaine just melts my heart but I'd be lying if I didn't say anything you write make me an emotional mess in the best sorts of ways. And you are entirely too amazing. Can't say that enough. Haven't reviewed before, but it just had to be done. Keep the happiness coming!
Nightingale63 chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Lovely take on this episode. Of course, as a nurse, I'd say that if you were going to pick a cancer to afflict a character with, this would be the one (for a guy, obviously). Prostate cancer is the most benign of the common ones people have heard of, and only a tiny percentage of people diagnosed with it die of it. Burt also said in the episode that because of his heart he was having twice yearly physicals, so that implies they caught it super early. Rest assured, the Glee gods probably aren't taking Burt away from us. And his heart attack is a separate issue, really, not tweaking his chances negatively.
I love the backstory stuff, like the image of a tiny Kurt curled up under the Christmas tree (awww!). Cuteness overload.
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Your right ugh! The season is kind of weepy for me and then this..Kurt & Blaine broken up after all the time (& stories) of them backing each other & the loving each other with sweet devotion!
nessyschu chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
This gives me a lot of feelings. Help I am drowning in feelings.
AllPurpleInk chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Oh my poor feels :( This is lovely. And sad. But lovely.
I definitely thought of you when Burt was telling the stories about Kurt's first Christmas without his mom. I just thought, "I know someone who will want to write about this."
HappyDaysAreHereAgain chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
WHOAH NOW
I love you!
And I live your stories.
BUT PLEASE WRITE SPOILER ALERT IN THE AN IF YOU DON'T MIND.
Thanks :P 3