Reviews for Residue
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
I love Booth & Parker moments as well. They have never really revealed much about Booth's war experiences. This was a great option. Quite plausible.
pinkmama1 chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
I love insights into Booth. He's such an interresting caracter. I enjoied this one.
craftyjhawk chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
Ooo, I liked this. I don't know why, but in my head, Booth always hid his symptoms from Parker. I like that in your world, he doesn't. True, at 13, Parker shouldn't know everything, but he is old enough to be given some info, a basis for future conversations.

I love any and every interaction between Booth and Parker. Every single one. Their time together is so limited, which makes it so much more precious.

I love the idea of writing a sequel to this with an older Parker. I think Parker needs to understand what his dad had to do and how it affected him. That is something that Booth never really got from his father. He knows his father couldn't deal with his experiences in war and that he became an abusive drunk. But, I think there is so much more that Booth can share with Parker. (and if that sounded like I'm telling you how to write a sequel, I'm not! I would never do that.)

BTW - I remembered Booth's "migraine" from "The Graft in the Gril."

d
mendenbar chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
Nice explanation of just why the migraine excuse worked in that episode.
ciaomichaella chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
This was a nice father & son story. I wish we could have more Parker & Booth moments, especially now that Parker's getting older.
JAZZYPROZ chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Monkey - I have a confession to make; I avoided reading this one when I saw that it was about Desert Storm while skimming it before actually reading it. My brother was involved with Desert Shield & Desert Storm from the very beginning until the very end. His was one of the last troops to come home from his location, and he came home a changed man...But you handled the topic well, kudos to you. But I have to admit, I have to step back from the angst for a bit... gotta get some warm and fuzzy foand recenter my brain. LOL
All that said, I want you to know that I admire what you did here. You wrote it very well, as always, and you portrayed Parker great! You're an excellent writer and I hope that my comments don't make you think it had anything to do with you; only with my own experiences. Hugs as always, jazzy
stephaniew chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
More loveliness! I do so like the way you write Booth and Parker is a great addition here. Nice to see him acknowledge Parker is growing up and should hear about some of these things. Thanks also for reminding folks about the unknown and Unintended costs of war.
strawberry79 chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Wow just sums up this are truly a gifted writer and thank you for sharing your talent with
SammieAtHome chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
It was a good way for Booth to explain Parker the origin of this headaches. I also love their interaction, and this is a scene that helps you see and strengthen the bond between father and son. The syndrome of Vets is a reality many suffer and at the same many turn a blind eye to.
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
My Dad went through same government denial with Agent Orange from duty in Vietnam. It took over 30 years before the Army finally admitted that it was a serious problem.

Great chapter. I love how knowledgeable you are about the military and incorporate it in your stories. Being a Army brat and the daughter of a Ranger it's great to see well written stories like this.
JBCFlyers19 chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Great story!
yoshimi0701 chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I've been missing Booth and Parker's moments like this. Parker could understand his father's dark side now. And Booth could open up to his kid. Hope I could see like this in the real show. Great work as always, ladies!
Jenny1701 chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Hi - a very thought provoking piece, exceptionally well written as always - I love Parker and I think you captured him well - wish he was in the show more. There is so much Booth keeps to himself. I wonder when he will tell Parker more - for instance, explain what happened to his name sake and will he ever tell him about being a sniper? I don't think Parker even has any idea what his Dad's childhood was like. A lot of stories and even the series often mention all the things Brennan has had to endure in her life but when you think about it Booth has gone through at least as much and possibly for a longer period. I also commend you for being able to write this story without it sounding depressing - just the way you would want to introduce the topic to a child - well done. On a personal observation - I have read several one shots you have written lately and you seem to be very thoughtful at present - makes for very interesting reading. Happy Christmas.
Jenny
SchwuppDiDupsi chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
really well done! like it
theoddestcastle chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
I miss Parker on the show. Yeah I know scheduling and stuff. You really show how great of a father Booth is. He sat Parker down to explain what had happened to him during the Gulf. The Talk is always the hardest discussion to have for both parents and kids. Parents trying to explain in limited detail what mom or dad did during their time over there without damaging us emotionally and us kids trying to make sense of it all.

I've heard about the Gulf War Syndrome. My dad and his close buddies ('uncles' I call them) have touched basis on this before with my cousins ('uncles' kids) and I after we asked why one of the guys behaved a certain way (for lack of a better term) from time to time. Witnessing those effects first hand really puts it all into perspective. And then you start wondering why in the hell there is nothing anyone can do to help these guys. When there realization sits in that there is nothing really you can do, just as Booth said, need to "deal with it, as best I can, and live my life." So yeah, the best we can really do is be there for these people and help them through it.