Reviews for An Avatar Christmas Carol
patty cake rocks chapter 2 . 12/16/2012
This was really good can't wait itl the next part :p
Kimberly T chapter 2 . 12/16/2012
Of COURSE Aang would be the Spirit of Christimas Past; Dickens did write that he appeared as a child... and yet, he also appeared as an old man at odd moments. Hey, maybe we'll get a quick cameo by Roku before Azula is returned to her room?

As for the next Spirit, who first appears in Dickens' story surrounded by a huge feast... it's just gotta be Sokka! He'd just barge into Azula's psyche and demand that role, for a chance at all that food, with so much lovely meat! :-D
Komo Pineconeseed chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Woah. Did you just simultaneously reference Titanic and the "Chan's outfit is sharp" quote at the SAME TIME? Mind blown.

Also, lol at Dr. Jung. I wanted to congratulate on that name earlier. (In a "look, it's a Korean surname, so it's Asian and fits AtLA, but it's can also reference Dr. Carl Jung!" sort of way. And of course Dr. Jung cares about guilt and the subconscious. Of course.) Other lolworthy moments include Azula hitting on Katara.

And now, question time! How have the FN NOT caught onto the fact that their Fire Lord is seeing someone?

I take it this is an offshoot of the Stalking Series? (There's references of a replacement sister, Katara's staying in the FN as a doctor, etc.)

Ursa's not dead is she? Why would Azula hallucinate about her ghost? Or her in general? Please don't tell me she's stuck in the Spirit World or something.

My only gripe (and it's a small one- my gripes about your stories tend to be small) about this fic is that I don't think there is a Christmas holiday in the Avatar universe. Christmas is just so Western, and AtLA usually isn't, but whatevs. This is so hilarious that I don't really care!

I'm excited to see who've you picked for Past, Present, and Yet-to-Come. (Totally off topic, but of all of the Christmas Ghosts I've seen, David Tennant as the Ghost of Christmas Present has got to be my favorite.)

Looking forward to this!
Komo
Viannaz chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I LOVE this. Oh my gosh. It's such an interesting take on Azula's point of view and it seems to fit into your stalking verse, which is always awesome! XD With this and zutaramonth and everything I keep getting update messages and it's like CHRISTMAS every single day! :,D
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Okay, NORMALLY I steer far clear of ATLA XMAS fics, because there were no traces of Christian cultural traditions in the canon series, and the two concepts generally work about as well together as cupcake mix and motor oil.
But since this is from you, em, and you have a pretty darn good track record for making brilliant ATLA fics, I think I'll keep reading and see what you come up with! :-)
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
awesome story as usual! I look forward to seeing more! XD, I like the mention of the albatross :) my inner lit geek is dancing with joy.

I always thought Zuko and Katara would get past the 'peasant' problem because she's the daughter of a chief, so she could be considered the Southern Watertribe's princess in a way. But of course, I'm always glad to see what you come up with!

Azula here is really fun to read about. Hope to see more soon!
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This is a really interesting idea! Can't wait to see Azula's "transformation" :3

By the way, even though Katara is technically a peasant, she could be considered a "princess" too, right? Since her dad is the chief of the SWT...
BoogieBoy chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
First question - is this canon to the Stalker universe, or just an off-shot?

Second - I guess Ursa didn't have much fun after her nanny duties with Toph.

Third - why is Azula staying? In Not Stalking Firelord Zuko you made it clear that she could get away whenever she wishes to, so, why stay? Reading this was actually sad in a lot of ways. There is a difference between pretending to be ignorant and insulting someone's intelligence, Zuko and Katara obviously crossed that line some time ago. In fact reading this it seems that they don't have much respect for Azula, neither does anyway else. Zuko does love her and it shows, but it just seemed so...I don't know, I got that feeling. Which is kind of understandable since Azula made it her life goal to be feared, it's hard earning respect after that (and her stay in the asylum, the whole crazy thing and all).

Lastly, the environment seems kind of toxic for her, but I could be wrong. Ty Lee lives on Kyoshi, Azula doesn't seem to be friends with Zuko's friends and Mai is bounty hunting somewhere, meaning that Azula is stuck 24/7 with Zuko, with whom, despite having a better relationship, things still seem pretty unhealthy ( as a bonus to that the whole "don't tell her about our relationship" thing seems to be affecting her badly ). There just doesn't seem to be anyone she could build normal-ish relationship with.

Anyway, loved reading this, hope to see more soon.
Basani chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This is hilarious. And amazing! And a bit of a reinvention, yes. Good Chains and Bad Chains? Fascinating.
Fireborn101 chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This is genius! I always like when you have Azula in your stories it makes for a great read every time!
Boogum chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Yay, new fic. I was very curious to see how this would turn out after those few comments made at PB (that you were doing something different). So far so good! I like the idea of Azula commenting on Zutara, while making a few discoveries herself.

/An elderly relative would decide it was time to be "honest" with everyone. Carrots would be thrown./

That made me laugh. Ty Lee Christmas sure sounds fun, lol.

/Zuko and Azula have a secret rule; they don't say they love each other. It is better this way./

Awww. This is sad, but so very fitting for these two. I love that you're not shying away from the fact that Azula does love her brother, however messed up their relationship and she is. The whole part where she's expressing how frustrated she is that Zuko seems to have moved forward is so true to her character. I can definitely imagine her feeling that way, and I particularly loved this line:

/Yet Zuko had managed it. He was past the dangerzone, surrounded by so many buoyant people to keep him afloat. He's moving forward. But Azula was floundering. It's funny to Azula because it always used to be the other way around./

Such sad irony going on; she thought she would always come out on top, but he is the one who has triumphed.

Can I just say I can't stop giggling at the fact Azula calls Katara 'bossy'. Seriously makes me laugh. As does her big observation about Zuko and Katara's sneaky sexy times, lol. Trust Azula to notice; she's always been sharp-eyed.

/Zuko's reaction had been beyond priceless.

Azula thought she's made his brain explode./

OMG! Poor Zuko, lol! That would certainly be quite the conversation to have with your sister.

Ahh, very fitting for Azula to be horrified at the sight of Zuko and Katara actually being in love. Of course she would feel that way after everything.

/Azula wishes that Mother would not arrange her social life now that she is dead. It is most inconvenient to be haunted by one's mother and have her arrange play dates with spirits behind your back without a by-your-leave. And intervention is entirely unnecessary./

Hahaha, that made me laugh. I love your Azula.

And I really am loving this story so far. Dickens has always been one of my favourites, and I think Azula is a perfect character to use for this kind of premise. Looking forward to the next chapter! :)
71 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5