Reviews for Songbird
Ardhoniel Marvelite chapter 5 . 1/25/2017
Wonderful story! This seems to suggest that Maglor may have stayed in Rivendell once Elrond settled there. I hope that's true, I always felt really bad about Maglor wandering alone in exile forever...
A-chaotic-Glorfindel chapter 5 . 5/20/2015
oohhhhhh soooooo goooood
Laerthel chapter 5 . 10/26/2014
Amazing story, I loved every word of it! :) Just thank you for the experience, truly!
Ethyrin Kairos chapter 5 . 1/25/2014
I love stories about Maglor and Elrond. Wish you would do an epilogue lol.
fantasychica37 chapter 5 . 10/3/2013
I'm listening to movie music radio and "The Breaking of the Fellowship" came on when I read the last section!
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 5 . 5/21/2013
Oh! How wonderful to send him to Rivendell- great idea!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
I always have interest in the relationship between Maglor and the twins. Ilove your Elrond, and the happy ending that they reunioned at Imladris.
May I have your permission to translate the fic into Chinese and post it on a Chinese forum please? I'll give you the credit and link bank here.
Mysterious Jedi chapter 5 . 4/6/2013
Lovely fic. It was bittersweet, but that fits the tone of Tolkien's universe quite well. I like the idea of Maglor being the first to find Imladris.
Rishie chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
a wonderful story, great stuff! I enjoyed the ending too, concluding the story yet leaving the future open. Really well done!
Rishie chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
O I love it! This is exactly the sort of fic I enjoy reading. Great stuff! Very well written too.
Miss3y chapter 5 . 1/6/2013
Awe! I really wish it was longer, but this was lovely. I adore the Maglor/Elrond concept, and you handled it very well. Also, I love the idea of Erestor being older than Elrond and a tutor/adviser in some way.
HaloFin17 chapter 5 . 12/17/2012
I like how it's the call of the Silamaril that keeps Maglor by the Sea, not just his own guilt and sorrow. I think the "closure" scene with him and Elrond was exactly what was needed to bring this story to a close! You didn't put too many words in Maglor's mouth, but it was just enough to be substantial. Again, Maglor later hinting at the location of a hidden valley in the cleft of the mountain for Elrond to find was very clever.

Ah, my dear, you must be so proud of this, and I say it has turned out beautifully! As a final thought, I like how you gave this story a slightly different feel/tone than your "Lingering" series. A bit more of a grim portrayal of the Feanorions, and then you worked Erestor in there as well. I admit that seeing The Hobbit now has me me want to go back and reread some of those - particularly the one with M&M at the White Council and the one when Legolas helps Maedhros.

Wonderful job!
Haley
HaloFin17 chapter 4 . 12/17/2012
Aw, it really is such a sweet moment! Not the Orc camp, mind you, I meant the long-awaited reunion with Maglor. Your initial description of Maglor has just made me realize how much the solitude must have been a burden for him, having come from a huge family with lots of brothers and close cousins. Solitude was likely a rare commodity in the prior centuries of his life, and it must still weigh on him now, even if he believes it to be more favorable than attempting a return to Elven society. Bless his heart!
HaloFin17 chapter 3 . 12/17/2012
And Hobbits everywhere rejoiced when a High Elf mentioned "second breakfast"! How fun is that! And how smart of our boys to use Numenorean currency, too. Obviously they'll be out of place among Men, but better to have it thought that they're nobler men, rather than Elves out for a stroll.
Erestor really is the ideal companion for Elrond here. Strong and supportive regardless of his own personal feelings on the matter. I wonder how much he resents Maglor (if at all) for commandeering a share of Elrond's affections.
HaloFin17 chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
Though this story is primarily concerned with Elrond, Maglor, and Erestor, you do a fabulous job of slipping in other characters and doing justice to their unique personalities even when we just get a snapshot of them. You capture Cirdan's wisdom and perspective, Celebrimbor's inherited brusqueness and dedication to his craft (even if he tries to separate himself from his forefathers, he cannot erase the impact of his heritage), and of course Thranduil's pointed prejudices against the sons of Feanor. It's like a lovely little medley to satisfy my cravings for all things Elvish! And I love how you portray Elrond as being rather caught in the middle of it all. He bears no ill will toward any of his fellow Elves, yet his sympathies for Maglor might ostracize him more quickly than just about anything. Onward to Galadriel now!