Reviews for The Journey
Mechabeira chapter 10 . 5/27/2013
And they pushed that pram into the sunset.

Beautiful work. The baby is beautiful, Tony WOULD put the diaper on backwards (they aren't exactly intuitive in design) and the little bodysuit is so sweet.

And ugh. Those first days where they don't sleep and Mom is all sore...yikes. Go Tony for stepping in.

I can't wait for the start of the next story!
conservativegirl chapter 10 . 5/27/2013
Amazing chapter!:) so sweet
EowynGoldberry chapter 10 . 5/27/2013
I thought it was good:)
Sarah chapter 9 . 5/24/2013
Great chapter. I'm glad that Ziva is doing better and that Gibbs' talk seems to have gotten through to her.

My only issue was these lines: "What would she do if someone were coming to attack her? How would she defend herself? Her baby?" They just sounded a little odd coming from Ziva, but, then again, she could still be on edge from what happened with Eli earlier.
Mechabeira chapter 9 . 5/11/2013
"He smelled like sawdust and fatherhood." YES.

I love how Gibbs goes to her, I love how she gathers her confidence, I love how she then hands some of it to Tony for safekeeping. It's lovely and perfect and...fulfilling.

BUT pregnant women are notorious for their um...complex emotional state. What's going to happen on a bad day, or when she's the size of a whale, or when she gets Braxton-Hicks, or when she can't do something totally normal, like vacuum? What's going to happen when the baby comes? Will PPD get to her? I hope not, but these things are common, especially for someone who may already have some issues with depression (as it has read here, anyway).

NO, she wasn't ever "broken," but that girl was way, way bent. I don't want that to happen again. Shore up, folks.

Lovely, lovely work. Brava. xoxoxo
EowynGoldberry chapter 9 . 5/11/2013
Glad Gibbs got through to her and she seems to be improving.
Mechabeira chapter 8 . 3/12/2013
I am so sorry this is so late. I've been caught up with ridiculous things that aren't nearly as important as . Clearly.

There is so much going on here that I can't even tease it apart. My Zivaleh is bored and lonely and that hurts. I would like to know where all this guilt is coming from-none of this was her fault. None of it. Not Tali's death, not Ari's (though some may argue otherwise). Nor was she responsible for Sarah's adoption plan.

There is so much GRIEF. She is almost to the point where she's unable to cope. Is there some counseling in the future? Because if all this is coupled with some post-partum it is going to be really bad once the baby comes. :(

Beautiful work as always. xoxo forever
conservativegirl chapter 8 . 3/10/2013
Aww, sweet! Great chapter:)
Sarah chapter 7 . 3/1/2013
"Sarah was safe in her New York apartment with her parents. They did not talk on the phone as much- it wasn't healthy for either of them. But she and Chana were coming up shortly after the baby was born in May. She wouldn't really be a big sister, just like she really wasn't Ziva's daughter, but they both deserved to share the joy of a new baby together." Ziva seems to be accepting the situation, as difficult as it may be, and this paragraph illustrates that very well.

While reading, I was afraid that she had miscarried and was relieved that she hadn't. Still, poor Ziva. Strict bed rest would be hard for anyone, and torturous for a person like her.
Courtzylovesit chapter 7 . 2/28/2013
Poor Ziva! Let her and the baby be ok! And don't let her get to depressed make Tony come stay with her for a couple of days! Looking forward to more :)
lolor an chapter 7 . 2/18/2013
This is rough. Just FYI, it is Ashkenazi (European origin) Jewish custom to not do any material preparation for a baby before it is born - ie you buy a blanket and some diapers and that is it. No parties, no decorating, no nothing until the baby is safely born. Doing anything in public is considered to be too tempting to the spirits that bring bad fortune. Also, the more attention that is brought to an event, the worse a letdown a person may feel if things go wrong. (if that's even possibe in this case).
mishka chapter 7 . 2/18/2013
Poor Ziva! I hope that she does not lose the baby! Update soon!
EowynGoldberry chapter 7 . 2/18/2013
That was sad. I don't think someone like Ziva would like bedrest at all. I know I wouldn't even though I don't have all those issues. Pretty sure I would be sick of everything on TV, including NCIS and Bones, my favorites. Probably would be sick of everything I read too, including fanfiction:) I hope she and the baby will both be ok! I hope her depression won't last forever and (for too many chapters anyway) and you are going to let her be happy in the end! I hope she gets help and doesn't keep blaming herself for everything. I'm pretty sure pre clampsia usually kills the mother if its not caught or treated so she is more at risk. She should see she is a good person that she is more concerned about the baby when her life is in danger too.
Mechabeira chapter 7 . 2/18/2013
Do you know what I think the most important line of this chapter is? "...like her mother..." Why? Because we're seeing an abrupt shift in Ziva's identity with this pregnancy. But...BUT that can be a scary, scary thing! The change in values, the pressure of forced bedrest, the inertia, the feeling-crappiness...ugh. Not jealous.

AND there's how her self-worth hinges upon this pregnancy-not uncommon, especially with those hormone levels going crazy-but prior abuse has raised the stakes and that's hard for us "on the outside".

I hope things are...positive. I hope she realizes that no one can cause or predict pre-eclampsia. I hope she eventually realizes that her value isn't based on what she DOES, but who she IS. That can take a long time to learn, though. I hope she has the opportunity to start soon.

X and O. xoxoxoxoxo. Lovely, lovely work.
conservativegirl chapter 7 . 2/18/2013