Reviews for Pariah
the-nerd-word chapter 8 . 1/22/2013
Just read all of this, so sad and sweet! I've always liked Praxis, and I love getting to see this interpretation of his personality and his past. It's very creative, and I'd like to see where he and Ethos end up together. Fun read!
A2MOM chapter 8 . 1/21/2013
Bravo, this is a beautiful chapter and ties everything together so well...I'm glad Praxis found out the truth about Blake, but I can't help wonder, who will he chose now, Midas, or Ethos? I loved every bit of this, the Ethos-Brutus drunk sex, all the intrigues and Praxis coming out on top. Wonderful story!
tjnstlouismo chapter 7 . 1/15/2013
This is beautiful, I love Praxis being strong and not so nice. Love what you've done with Ethos, and Deimos, I don't even feel bad he got what he deserved. Great chapter!
A2MOM chapter 7 . 1/14/2013
Damn Praxis you bastard you-! Forgive me but is Midas a navie or a fighter? I think a fighter, but I can't recall...I like loopy trippy Keeler, 'wriggling' with excitement, ha ha! I want whatever meds he's on :). So...Ethos gonna get nekkid?
A2MOM chapter 6 . 1/3/2013
I love this story, it is so deep and Praxis' psyche so tortured. I didn't see any of the twists coming; I figured the box held a bomb but I didn't see Blake dying or Praxis literally being on the run. That's some great storytelling! Praxis reading Blake's journals was devastating...To have loved someone so much and find you were the object of their hateful grief at the end. And blackmailing Deimos-whoa! That was another great plot twist. I like that your Praxis and Ethos are like equals in this, and i can't wait to see what happens next!
Lacanthrope chapter 5 . 1/3/2013
Have to say, this is one of the most intriguing stories I've read so far. The non-sequential order is perfect, I always enjoy stories that make the reader work for the pay-off. Keep up the awesome!
asocialconstruct chapter 3 . 12/20/2012
oh man, knife to the gut with the eye patch thing at the end. this is really wonderful, lots of sweetness with the early parts, but just enough hints of the present to see how messed up praxis is over everything, he's very sympathetic. poor guy.
A2MOM chapter 3 . 12/19/2012
Oh poor Praxis! I love Blake he's a great OC and the switch to reality with Midas was totally unexpected and well Praxis recalling all the girls he'd slept with too...it must be so hard (no pun intended) to be a reference to his 'closest friend' was a hoot!
ThunderUmbra chapter 2 . 12/19/2012
*reads last line and falls down* Feels, feels stop it your hurting me. That whole chapter was sad but than I lost it. T.T You capture drama really well.
seberu chapter 2 . 12/18/2012
This is so good. Praxis is such an unknown figure, it's great to see some sort of back story for him.
Kurenai Tenka chapter 2 . 12/18/2012
Ooh this is really interesting! Can't wait for the next chapter. :D
A2MOM chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
Wow. That ending, that was totally unexpected, and powerful. This story is fantastic as is all your writing, VK. I was so happy to read this new chapter. your imagery is excellent; you can smell the smoke, feel the fear and anguish and hear the chaotic noise. Blake is a great character too, I can't wait to read more of this!-A2MOM
asocialconstruct chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
the ending broke me. The whole thing is beautiful in a really gut-punching way, of course, but that last line just destroyed me. Poor Praxis; really loving this.
A2MOM chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Damn. That last image was intense, especially after the lightheartedness between Praxis and Blake. I like the sci-fi touches, the hover bike and holographic basketball game. And that Praxis counts his kisses; that's so sweetly sad, and exactly something he'd probably do.
asocialconstruct chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Oh man, this is perfect. Praxis isn't really someone I spend a lot of time thinking about, but this really rounds him out. The beginning is super sweet and I love how muddled the timeline is with the present of him passing out, really well done.