Reviews for Walking Through That Door
This was fabulous! I agree, I loved season 5. Season 6 is the one that gives me heartburn.
gatewatcher chapter 1 . 6/26
Very nice addition to the episode. Nicely written :)
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
God, I feel the same. I love season 5. It was the season that coulda & shoulda been the one as far as I'm concerned. So many possibilities & missed opportunities. This was one of those moments. I felt so bad for Booth when she asked him to dance. You could see & imagine how torturous that was for him. You spelled it out perfectly here. Great story.
pinkmama1 chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
For some reason this one made me want to cry. In a good way I mean.

bonessalvation chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
Unbelievably well written, beautiful, honest..the reason I keep returning to fan fiction...the hidden gems in the rough.
Sylvia S. Hill chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Well done! Love it.
Terri411 chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
I really like this BONES FF it was really nice a really great read thank you ( I love everything BONES) ;-).
Sylvia S. Hill chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
Loved this. Have you ever considered writing something about the immediate reaction of Booth and Brennen when Booth woke up from his brain surgery and asked Bones "who are you?" Her fears and his puzzlement.
Tony7323 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Nice, Sweet And Cute
mendenbar chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Ah, what might have been!
huronia chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
If this is how Queen Bee had ended, I would have been a very happy viewer. Loved this
ciaomichaella chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
I've read this story before but I don't remember if I left a review already. You know me, I'm a big lurker hahaha. The one thing that popped up in my head when I read this was why the hell did Booth put on clothes?! He couldn't have just wrapped a towel around himself? LOL. I mean if Hart Hanson can have Sweets parading around the house with just a towel you certainly can have Booth in a towel in his hotel room after he's just had a shower LOL. Or maybe that's for another fluffy smutfest? ;)
TLWtlw chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
I wish it could have actually happened this way on the show.
del1 chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
I really loved this one. Well, I don’t think I’ve read anything of yours that I didn’t like, but I really really loved this. Main reason being that my favorite thing is when I get to see Brennan being the one who takes that initial step, to be the one to strip herself of all her logic and reasoning, swallow her pride and fess up about her feelings for Booth first. (First- after the whole gambler, scientist thing went down. You know what I mean, right?)

I felt really sad while reading this. There were a lot of moments that just made me feel really, really sad for Booth. More sad for him then I’ve felt in a long time while reading fanfic.

This part broke my heart. I just can imagine repeating this over and over in his head, that she’ll never love him. “…just moments after more or less telling me she could never love me or be in a real relationship with me.” – Very sad, very heavy.

Booth being hurt and obviously him verbalizing the actual word “hurt” also breaks my heart. There are so many ways to beat around the bush, but for him to just bluntly say “it hurt” is so real and to the point. “It ached, deep down low in the pit of my stomach. It hurt.”

“…and I felt strange, awkward and complete all at the same time…” It is sad that I can totally relate to that feeling. I can’t praise you enough for how well you seem to get into Booth’s head, and heart.

“…so I took a long, hot shower, hoping to wash the delicious smell of her off of me…” Love this because he’s acknowledging her positively by describing her scent as a “delicious smell” but at the same time all he wants to do is get rid of it. He’s a conflicted man. And we all know how much a adore Conflicted!Booth, especially the way you write him.

“…I rubbed the towel over my crotch and yelled out….” HARK THE HAROLD ANGELS SIIING GLOOOORY- ok that’s probably blasphemy, so I take it back. But seriously, thank you. It’s nice when the writer is doing a shower scene, and actually paints a realistic picture of how that person dries off. Like, guys do that… they dry their crotches off. Or so I’m told…..

Then you gave me (well, not me but I feel like you write these just for me, because… I’m a lunatic) this little gem: ‘(my other two being dirty after I went jogging in them that morning and the morning before)’ – You went the extra mile here. Just with those few words, you built an entire scene in my head. You made me think; Ok he’s jogging a lot. Why is he jogging? He’s stressed out. Of course he is because his heart is broke… etc. So, this to me was big. It really helped set the tone, and added to the gloominess of the mood. Gloominess. Gloominess. Gloominess. Gloominess. Gloominess. Gloominess. Ok, that word sounds weird and made up now.

"I know it's you," I growled back. "Gimme one goddamn second, alright? I just got out of the shower." – Oh, testy testy Agent Booth! Obviously, he’s letting his emotions get the best of his attitude. I love that. The man can only take so much. He just got done washing away her scent and her she comes knocking on his damn door!

Then, once he gets a glimpse of her, and her eyes… he can’t keep on with his hard attitude, nope, he just can’t do it. “Really, come on in," I said with a soft jerk of my chin…” So many emotions going on in this story, it’s wonderful.

This particular line just rang very Boothy to me. Extra Boothy. I heard his voice loud and clear in my head when I read this for some reason: ”It's fine. What's up, Bones?" Propping my hands on my hips…” even him propping his hands up on his hips is very Boothy, right? Totally love that part.

“She looked away for a few seconds and stared out the window at the gray, featureless sky outside…” I really loved this line. It blends perfectly with the tone that’s being set here. The sadness, the heaviness, the desperate need for something… something happy.

“…holding my hand against her arm as she thumbed the white gold ring…” UGGGGH! MY GOSH! *dies*….. *comes back to life* Ok, that is freaking heartbreaking (I hope you’re not trying to keep up with how many times I say heartbreaking in this review.)

“A heavy silence hung between us for a few seconds before I pulled my hand away and took a step back.” – This, is what I looooove! Remember when you called me an angst monkey? I totally am. I love swimming in Booth’s angst pool. The water is nice! Booth being a little hesitant, he’s pulling back, he’s being cautious and that makes me happy.

"Look," I said, running my hand through my hair...’ – I think you know me well enough by now to know why I freaking love this. UNF!

“She reached out and touched my chest, her fingers splayed as she pressed her fingertips into my skin, which was still damp from my shower.” This physical contact I find exceedingly sexy. Brennan allowed herself to go there, subtly. She didn’t tackle him or jump his bones or anything, just a simple touch. Also, I love the fact that he didn’t react negatively, he didn’t pull away (this time) or move her hand or anything, he reacted positively. Or, at least his body did. So sexy!

Ok so let me try and break this down and form coherent thoughts about why I love this next paragraph because it touched me deeply, and it’s my favorite part of this one shot: "Bones," I said, my voice low and breathy. A part of me wanted to tell her, don't jerk me around. “ …Don’t jerk me around. He’s thinking it, and I love that. What I love even more though, is that he doesn’t say it. Regardless of all the hurt he’s feeling, the rejection, the sting of pretending to be something he really wanted to be, all still so raw… he doesn’t say it. He spares her. FUCKING SIGH!

“Instead, I managed enough self-control, though my heart was pounding in my chest with a dozen anxieties of my own, to tamp down the tone of my question.” – This is why I will forever be single, because of the fictional character known as Seeley J. Booth (the way YOU write him). So selfless.

“…but more than anything, I felt my skin flush warm as I brought my hand to her jaw, turning her head and lifting her chin so I could look her in the eye.” - Booth is so in love with Brennan that any negative feeling is replaced by pure love and need when he touches her. I thought you did an amazing job portraying that with this piece. He’s hurt, he’s sad, anxious, angry… but all of that goes out the window with a touch, or a misty eyed glance. Pulls on the heartstrings. You blend together perfectly angst and fluff and love and smut (That rhymed! Go me!)

Another touch that I found hella sexy was this: “I dropped my hand to her hip and squeezed it, letting my thumb slide under the hem of her sweater and touch the silky skin on the side of her belly.” I find this sexier than any other blatant sex act I could ever read or watch. Subtle touches. Especially when it’s him touching her belly,oh god, I just about died! A woman’s stomach is such a sensual part of the body (to me anyway), and I freaking love that you incorporated that into your story. So very hot.

“….as I watched her fall back onto the bed, her porcelain skin glowing under the warm light of the room, the hurt seemed to evaporate into thin air.” Sweet vindication! Ok, so this particular line I fell so deeply in love with. You did such an awesome job really getting us to feel the strong emotions Booth was feeling. Just to picture him watching her falling back onto the bed. He’s not just seeing it, it’s not just happening. He’s watching. He’s soaking it in. He’s living that moment. The tone shifts, his hurt is leaving and now my breaking heart mends and it’s now melting with sweet, sweet B&B feels.

The love making scene, you nailed of course, that’s one of your specialties. I got a very soft, romantic vibe reading it. It was beautiful and subtle and… perfect.

"God, I love you," I whispered.’ - I don’t even know why- or I know why but I can’t find the words to express why this hit me right in the ol’ ticker! Ah man, I don’t know. There was no deep expression of feelings or anything right after they had sex, but it still had the same effect on me as if there was.

Well done.
BnB447 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
I love that it was Brennan who made the move! Great story!