Reviews for The Catalan Christmas Caper
red2013 chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
good story.

red
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Oh my word, this is absolutely hilarious. Love how you brought in the Catalonian traditions and fit them in so well with the public speaking plight poor Lewis was sure he was going to be shoved into. The end was priceless, oh my goodness. XD

Favorite lines: "She glances at James. Almost reflexively he opens the hand clasping the caganer of Prince Philip. Dr Chelbrough reacts like a vampire spotting a head of garlic, and takes a step back."
Autohumans chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
"Hide me!"

Detective Sergeant James Hathaway looks up at the agitated form of his governor. "Sir?"

"Hide me. Or find us a case that needs immediate attention."

James purses his lips. "Might I be correct in assuming that this has something to do with the recent memo about community outreach?" For some reason, Lewis is the Chief Super's first choice when it comes to such things. James can't imagine why. His governor is a brilliant detective, but he's no orator, and he doesn't suffer fools gladly, if at all.

Lewis rolls his eyes. "There's a civic association in Summertown who want a police speaker for their next meeting."

"And Innocent has her eye on you for the job."

Lewis shudders theatrically. "I'm doomed. I don't mind outreach—the real sort—but this is just a lot of toffs who want to be entertained by stories of murder and violence, an' then pat themselves on their backs for being socially aware." His governor's Geordie accent is thicker than usual, as sometimes happens when he's annoyed, but the last two words are delivered in a plummy Oxbridge accent, pitch-perfect and laced with vitriol.

Love this line.
Song of Grey Lemons chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
This was excellent, Lindenharp, just excellent. The idea of Hathaway explaining that to Robbie... priceless. Brilliant piece.