Reviews for Hand on My Back, Voice in My Ear
Love chapter 5 . 10/23/2014
Please post more chapters
janet84 chapter 5 . 9/1/2014
The last chapter does such a great job of puking the whole storyline together, congrats on a great fic!
Sewtunes chapter 3 . 4/30/2013
Another outstanding chapter. You have so skillfully written Jules' thoughts that it is like being there. I'm wrung out from reading it. Mission accomplished. So many little details have been captured and expanded on, from Jules' reactions to Greg's injuries, to her phone call with her father, the conversation with Ethan's mother, and the trip to the newborn nursery. After a day like they had, the life affirming visit with the newborns was needed. Love how Sam knew just where to find her. Those two are so in tune with each other.
tivamcabby5 chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
Absolutely perfect. I swear I don't know how you do it but you write so well that it's like I'm actually watching an episode. Thank you for such amazing post-eps and stories.
Ace Bullets chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
Going off-script comes with risks, because you're filling in the blanks; speculating about what could have happened. What you've written here feels as true and as real as if it had happened on the Show.

I really appreciate that Ethan's mother got to hear from Jules what happened, and that she got to have his baby blanket. Thanks also for giving us a peek into Jules' indignation. She's right: the ones whose names deserve to be remembered are the ones who suffered and died, not the one who caused the suffering and death.

Having Jules needing to do something 'life-affirming' was a nice touch. Heading down to the nursery feels like something Jules would have done under the circumstances. Good timing by Sam, too!

On to Chapter 4!
Ace Bullets chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
Another amazing chapter. If I was in the habit of biting my nails, I would have been chewing on them while reading this, even though I already know the outcome.

You totally re-captured the essence of all the dread, panic, suspense and tension of those moments when Greg was up on the catwalk. Jules having to hear it all happen over the comm was pretty torturous, and you didn't shy away from the obvious: they'd already lost so much that day; losing Sarge would have been unbearable.

One of my favourite lines in this chapter was the following:

'On a good day, her tone could be considered insubordinate but in the light of the losses they'd sustained that day and how close she'd- they'd- come to losing Sam as well, she knew he would see it as the concern it really was.'

I know it sounds like a really simple sort of line, but it's little details like this; careful analyses of the way they're speaking their words to each other that makes this a fantastic story. I also liked the 'double-meaning" in Greg's "I'm with you" line. I hadn't thought of it that way before now, so thanks for adding that richness to my experience of this whole thing.

While you took liberties with this (we don't know exactly what happened to Greg up there as he was bleeding out) but them having to use the defibrillator on him is entirely possible.

Again, terrific job. On to chapter 3!
Ace Bullets chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Brilliant. I am loving this re-telling of the events of the finale from Jules' perspective. You're hitting each emotional moment with such perfection, I feel like I'm watching everything happen with new eyes; feeling every loss and every triumph anew.

You're pretty much covering everything I would imagine Jules would be thinking about what happened that day. From her joy over marrying Sam to her utter helplessness over not being able to do anything to help little Ethan; from her sense of unfairness about what happened to Donna and Greg being exposed to the dreaded dirty bomb to her disgust over Faber's haughtiness... then her ultimate fear almost realised: having to listen to her new husband being in mortal danger, unable to help or save him... it's all excellent stuff.

Looking forward to reading the rest of this! On to chapter 2...
Guest chapter 5 . 1/16/2013
This was amazing; absolutely amazing, i finished watching every flashpoint episode on YouTube today, and was completely and utterly heartbroken, and I couldn't sleep, this made me feel better(: I plan on looking more into your stories, good job!
Guest chapter 5 . 1/14/2013
Mldmd chapter 5 . 1/12/2013
Love it just like I loved all your other stories! I'm really sad no only that the series is over but that I'm not going to get to see anymore post ep. From you! Please PLEASE keep writing jam stories.
abril4 chapter 5 . 1/9/2013
OMG this was amazing! Love the story.. heart wrenching, emotional love every minute of this magnificent story.
Sewtunes chapter 5 . 1/9/2013
What an awesome finish to this story! I'm sorry to see it end! You have tied up some loose ends so well and written a great wedding night story for Sam and Jules. Love how you dealt with Spike and Winnie. Are you sure your really finished with this story? I'd love some more JAM.
babybaby15 chapter 5 . 1/9/2013
Another great chapter I loved it
Guest chapter 5 . 1/9/2013
Agree with the other reviewer! maybe one of these days you can do the honeymoon oneshot? Please?
arlette-sweet-heart chapter 5 . 1/9/2013