Reviews for Studies
Ryanbp12 chapter 4 . 8/21/2017
Very nice, feels like a slightly more grown-up Calvin and Hobbes, without a bit of the surrealism. I quite like it.
TheEverlastingHater chapter 1 . 6/22/2017
You know what? On a second read-through, this has really grown on me. I hope you continue it someday - it's good.
TheEverlastingHater chapter 4 . 4/20/2017
A decent execution of the premise, that much is for sure. I'm not sure how great the premise is, but the weirdness censor makes total sense to me (as someone who once hung out on SCP foundation).
DragonCrusader chapter 4 . 3/1/2016
More please!
MomotsukiNezumi chapter 1 . 2/1/2016
This is amazing so far! Eagerly reading more as I type this!
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 1/19/2016
Dear Brackets:

Well, I fully endorse your standing up for Hobbes's ontological reality, but I have to point out a couple things. In the first place, Calvin, as far as I can tell, *isn't* aware that no-one else can see Hobbes; from threatening Moe with him, to trying to pin the flooding of the bathroom on him, to inviting Rosalyn to harmonize with him on the rumma-tum-tums, everything he does goes to indicate that the repeated references in his presence to Hobbes as a toy have never penetrated his consciousness. (As for Hobbes himself, since we never actually see his immediate reactions to the people who think he's a toy, it's harder to say, but I think there are enough indirect clues - the way he talks about having "won Susie's confidence", for instance - to make it probable that he's not consciously aware of the viewpoint difference, either.)

Second, even if they were postulated to be aware of the problem, their proposed solution seems a bit too elementary. I mean, it's not as though the people around them haven't shown themselves perfectly capable of justifying or dismissing the clearest evidence; as you yourself noted, Calvin could hardly have tied himself to the chair that one time, yet his dad just took it on faith that he had. If he could do that, his wife could certainly convince herself that Calvin had duplicated a claw scratch on his own arm. (Especially if it looked to her like just an ordinary nasty cut - as it would, of course, just as the dinosaurs in the photos looked to her husband like plastic models, or the alien tree leaves looked to Susie like mutilated maple leaves, or… well, you get the picture. You can't beat false perception just by giving the person more things to perceive.)

And, finally, I have to quarrel with Calvin's and your whole premise here that the only two options are "stuffed animal" and "bipedal, sentient, intelligent Bengal tiger with human vocal cords, etc." There's also "eldritch creature in tiger form" - which is easily the most probable, I would say, once one has thought of it. There has to be *some* sort of magic involved, if you can run a living creature through a washing machine and have neither suffer any ill effects - and it would also explain the eerie parallels between Hobbes and Mary Chase's Harvey. (Which play and film, by the way, should be standard reading and viewing for all authors in this subcategory - not least because it indicates a much more elegant and suggestive approach to the whole question of how other people might come to see Hobbes for what he is.)

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
PalindromePen chapter 4 . 11/30/2015
This is really funny and really engaging! It's been a few years, so I hope updating is still happening. AWESOME JOB!
Wynter Spite chapter 4 . 10/6/2015
Wow. I think this is brilliant. Calvin is great, and I like how Susie can see Hobbes now. This is marvelous. :)
Storyholder chapter 4 . 10/4/2015
Why have you stopped continuing this story? This is a pleasant read and I love your idea of making everyone slowly see Hobbes. I do would be oh so very pleased if you continue to write this story.
necro-wulf chapter 4 . 5/17/2015
Hormones makes fools of us all. The madness comes to us all, eventually.
necro-wulf chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
...I'm willing to bet everything else is just Calvin having a fight-club moment to fill in the details of his play, but the rope ladder to his tree house is a really good question.
The Farmer chapter 4 . 2/16/2015
It's too bad that the story is abandoned, it is really well written and I like how you made hobbes able to interact with other people. That is a super creative idea, and I'd like to see it expanded, espically (possibly) to the point where Hobbes interacted with Calvin's dad.
Rikkudo chapter 4 . 1/31/2015
This story is great. XD
ElvisRules41 chapter 4 . 8/11/2014
This story... Suprisingly enough makes sense of why only Calvin can see Hobbes. I think I've fallen in love. Keep up the excellent work.
AmorEva Luna chapter 4 . 8/2/2014
I like this plz update soon & since calvin susie have 2 keep hobbes existance a secret i wonder wht happens 2 dem