Reviews for The Paths We Choose (And Those We Don't)
bermellon chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
que historia tan bonita y me alegro
de que no tuviera trio. El
romance es de pareja. Pobre McCoy
tantos años y no encontró a nadie, sin
embargo, era célibe? no
todos ganan en la vida real. Aunque nunca he visto a Spock como premio. Gracias por compartir esta grandisima historia. Supongo que es el fin. Disculpa por no comentar en ingles jejeje san google traductor no ayuda mucho.
Guest chapter 13 . 9/27/2013
"You will never be unwelcome in whatever place Jim and I find ourselves." He paused.

I know Spock means well but isn't this just a wee bit condescending?
Guest chapter 12 . 9/27/2013
Leftover rain and seawater...you really made me tear over there.
Guest chapter 13 . 9/27/2013
The scene b/w Spock and Bones is so heartbreaking. it's not fair to Bones at all but the Star Trek universe has often not been concerned about Leonard McCoy (watch the new Star Trek movie to see how his role has been reduced to that of a hanger-on). You write real well and I hope there is an update soon.
Guest chapter 15 . 9/26/2013
This is such an interesting story, I am really looking forward to how they interact in 'normal' circumstances. Please do update.
SamXtheXFanpire chapter 15 . 8/21/2013
Ah this story just breaks my heart I just want that bond to break mccoy and spock are my favorite couple
sophiedog chapter 15 . 8/1/2013
Really really like this story. I read it first awhile ago, and then again from the beginning when you began updating it. You have a wonderful imagination coming up with this plot. I'm loving all the characters and looking forward to how it all unfolds.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
EthneDragon chapter 15 . 7/20/2013
The moment i got the email that a new chapter had posted, i literally stopped everything i was doing to read it. I enjoyed this chapter and how it brought things together, but it somehow lacked the flavor of the other chapters. Not to say it wasn't well written (it was), i think the dialogue felt forced.
I enjoyed it none the less, and simply cannot wait for more.
bluemooncafe chapter 15 . 7/20/2013
thanks for updating and getting us off that cliff-hanger!

this line from spock to jim was very sweet:
Would it be so awful for the length of my life to be not so different from the length of yours?"

i understand kirk's concern, but it was sort of romantic to contemplate spock's willingness to consign himself to outliving the humans he loved by a century or more...

The week or more before Jim first called him had been nice. He'd needed the time to himself, but it was time to return to reality. Tonight he didn't know how he could have considered not coming back.
Well…yes he did. Part of him was a coward. He was afraid to face what it would be like; the three of them working together again now that they all knew the truth about the past.
[...]
He wasn't quite ready to whistle or any such thing, but maybe there was a silent tune in his head as he walked. He was still smiling to himself as he reached into a jacket pocket to check on the tape there that he'd brought from his desk.

for me the best part of the chapter was mccoy's firm decision to go back to space with jim and spock. previous chapters gave me the impression mccoy had made peace with working with jim and spock again, but the urgency of the situation here, and mccoy's feeling that he wanted to be on hand, had to be the one responsible for their well-being... very touching... mccoy's understanding of their bonds with each other, his own fondness for spock. maybe fondness isn't the right word, since you worded it this way:

and he knew he would never be entirely done with loving this stubborn Vulcan no matter what he told himself.

this sentence made me feel all verklempt. then i went back and re-read the spones fic you rec and felt better. thanks for another great chapter :)
mtcbones chapter 14 . 7/16/2013
after jim dies spock and bones again
EthneDragon chapter 14 . 7/12/2013
You are a phenomenal writer. Very talented and able to keep true to the original personality of the characters. So many fan fic writers change the characters to fit their version, or struggle with keeping from adding too much of their own influence in their portrayal. I actually skipped a doctors appointment to read the entire story (up to now). My heart absolutely breaks for McCoy. Maybe because I've been in his shoes. Went through a lot of tissues with this story. Hope there is more brilliance to come. The day i read the final chapter will be a truly sad one. I'm in love with this story. Bravo.
EthneDragon chapter 4 . 7/12/2013
I'm supposed to be at a doctors appointment in 5 hours. But. I. Can't. Stop. READING! Last chapter? I cried. Not ashamed to admit it either. Very well written. I can actually hear the dialogue in their voices as I'm reading. You captured, particularly well, Spock's manner of speaking. And McCoy's southern slang charm. I've been a Star Trek fan over 30 years and have read a lot of fan fic. Yours ranks in the top 10.
bluemooncafe chapter 14 . 7/10/2013
hey, i just got my head above water and you are drowning me again already in the very next chapter?! 0_o

ah, but this is beautiful:
Nothing they'd said in the heat of the Pon Farr mattered anymore. It had hardly mattered then. There was nothing more to be said now, other than the truth; the truth that they had been to hell and back and they'd been shaken and cracked, but they weren't broken.

so i forgive you... maybe... if you leave the spirk in a happy place *wags threatening finger* ;p
AllTheSnakes chapter 14 . 7/10/2013
Wow... It is short and is going to make me crazy until you publish the next one!
Yuien chapter 14 . 7/10/2013
Thank you so much for updating! I hope it is getting closer to my favorite pairing: S/K/M. I really love how everything fit together and how the balance btwn love/angst. Plz update again soon!
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »