Reviews for Lost Keys and Waning Light
Alice's White Rabbit chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
As incredibly sad as this was, it was also so beautiful. A heartwarming story of devoted love ... no matter what.

When I read this passage, I just wanted to scream at Esme and slap her for being SO insensitive. How could a mother do that to her child? "I knew my mother's anger was borne of her desire to protect me, but it didn't make her cruel words hurt any less. "Well, don't plan on any assistance from your father and I. When you have to give up your career to become her full-time nurse, don't ask us for help. When she embarrasses you, when people think your wife is drunk or … or … retarded, don't look to us for understanding. And when you have to shower her, feed her, wipe the drool from her mouth and the shit from her backside, don't look to us for sympathy."

But, thank God, for Mrs. Whitlock! What wonderful words she said to Edward.

And, Charlie and Renee give them their inheritances! This is what a selfless parent would do for their child. It's a shame that Edward's father came to apologize way too late. He could have learned something from Charlie and Renee.

"I hate not being able to stop it from stealing you" The eternal words of those who witness and survive a terrible illness. That inability to 'fix' them can be crippling. But, Edward marched on.

And, this "her time may have been short, but her days have been rich and full." This was the true testament of Edward's love for Bella.

Thank you for sharing this amazing story. I put off reading 'cause I needed to be in the right frame of mid to read it knowing it would be difficult. And, as much as I cried while it read, I also smiled at the beauty of the love these two shared.

Nrbl1 chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Wow! So heartbreakingly good!

Both of them so brave xo
MaisieSky chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Thank you for this beautiful love story. I cried the whole way through. I love when a story can make me feel so much.
Kriti chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
That was beautiful. Very hard to read, very emotional and moving. But it was beautiful. It amazes me, the the art of writing as it is, that moves readers to tears. You articulated difficult emotions so wonderfully, you did a great job. It reminded me of A Walk To Remember, the characters and the unconditional love between them...
I'm running out of words! Thank you for putting this up and congrats on such a wonderful job! You are a brilliant writer, keep up the great work!
tspinks77 chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
That was beautiful.
SandPrincess13 chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
I cried. It was so sweet... so real. Thank you for writing such a beautiful story. I have tears in my eyes, because it was unbelievably sad. But somewhere down the line I was a little happy that she didn't have to suffer anymore. I just pray that Edward can find happiness. I wish that he lives on, relishes his sweet times with Bella and if somewhere... somehow he falls in love again, I wish he doesn't hold back. I wish she doesn't hesitate.
jennchris821 chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Amazingly brilliant!
ksw3 chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Wow, this blew me away. Beautiful, emotional, sad. Very talented writing and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for sharing!
hotmama4jd chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
This story made me cry. my family has a long list of Alzheimer's. both male grandparents and
Now my dad. Neurological diseases are the worst. They rob you of so much.

Lovely job of writing a wrenching subject
Nat3628 chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Wow! Such a beautiful piece of fiction. I just wished we had this kind if unconditional live in this world.
twijie chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
I am sobbing reading this story. This is so beautiful and so tragic.
angela.rose.142 chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
I shed a few tears reading this; a really amazing story. Thank you for writing it :)
MsLessa chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
This was lovely. You know it actually made me go hunt up a fiction book I read many years ago where the main female character had Huntington's. So while this is lovely and sad, thank you for giving me back something I used to treasure.

maphie chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I'm going to sob my poor heart to sleep.
TheGreenPanther chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Wow, that was so beautiful! I had real tears towards the end. Good job!
94 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »