Reviews for Meeting Clara
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2019
Very well written. Thoroughly enjoyed.
YouCareSoMuch chapter 1 . 2/6/2018
Gorgeous. I love seeing Sherlock find out more about John's past. And I love your descriptions of John when he was healing. A great showcase of John's strength and Sherlock's capacity to care as well as the impact John leaves on those around him.
Daneru chapter 1 . 11/9/2016
Poignant description. Well done.
Henry Vyne chapter 1 . 11/4/2016
Dude. This is seriously beautiful. The interactions between John and Clara were so much fun to read, especially the part where he first sees her and just walks away from Sherlock. I laughed out loud at that.

When Clara describes the last time she saw John was so heartbreaking - the misunderstanding about John being discharged, the terrible timing with Clara's and Harry's breakup, BUT, DUDE THE TAPPING HIS FINGERS AGAINST HIS THUMB.

I loved it when she was explaining to Sherlock just how bad it was, then she looks over and sees John holding all the drinks. It was a really smooth and touching way to say how far he's come. I'm pretty sure this is what people are talking about when they say to show, not tell.

When she grips his bad shoulder before really realising and then backs up T_T And then the end with Sherlock buying groceries. That was super in character, to not have a big speech from Sherlock as an apology for not really understanding before, just small signs of considerateness. Super Sherlock sounding. And his text to Clara was especially touching.

To sum up, I quite like this story! Fantastic job! This is definitely one I'm going to revisit.
mipib chapter 1 . 3/26/2016
Really loved this - hit me righy on the 'feels'! Will go check out your other stuff next - you are a talented writer!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/17/2016
Wow. I would wish for you all the time and inspiration that you require to continue to write such stories as this. Your talent is prodigious. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
ElleMe chapter 1 . 10/22/2015
Another great story! Enjoying these so much :) Haven't seen many stories include Clara, which is a shame-her name started it all!
Silberfuchs chapter 1 . 5/7/2015
Good morning!
I found your name on the profile of another writer and decided to try your stories, couse he named you as one of the inspirations to his story. And after I read this I can fully understand him. You have a great stil, as far as I can judge as an non-native speaker, and the plot is very nice. You manage to put a lot of feelings in this short text and I will love to read more of your great work.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2015
This piece, indeed all of your work, is exemplary. Thank you and I hope you are inspired and have the time to share more of your talent.
Amilyn chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
This. Is. Excellent. That moment, "John, sitting alone in an ill-fitting t-shirt, trying to feel his fingertips" is haunting, and you've shown so well how much it haunts Clara. I love that Sherlock admits he didn't realize the extent of the situation, the depth of loss John had faced. Nice description of the Mask...nice job with Clara being so grief-filled at what John has lost. I love that moment when John warns Clara-not Harry-that he's going to be very, VERY ill. Excellent work.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
I just keep re-reading your stories. They're so good. I very much hope that you find the time and inspiration to write and share more soon. Thank you.
A fan chapter 1 . 2/4/2015
Great6 story, I loved it
Guest chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
Obviously, I meant Harry, not Hatty. Typo. Sorry.

Chai
chai4anne chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
I love this. The idea of showing John through Clara's eyes-not Hatty's, not the obvious choice-is a brilliant one, and you bring it off so well. I can see this was your first story, and I can see that you refined your way of writing Sherlock over time, but this one and the next really resonate with me, all the same.

I love the way Sherlock goes quiet after Clara's story, and the way he deflects John's curiosity about what he learned, refraining for once from boasting, for John's sake, and possibly for his own. Love the note. Love the touch about the groceries. Love the contrast between John then and now, the elegance and restraint in letting us see him whole and healthy-well, seemingly whole and healthy, anyway-before showing us what he must have been like just a few months before. (Why is it that restraint is so much more powerful than an all-out onslaught of angst? I don't know, but it's the reason Freeman's John is so powerful, because he plays so much on the side of restraint. And it's what I love about your stories.)

Most of all, I love these sentences: "I cried all the way back to London, Mr. Holmes. For myself and Harry and all the cruel things in life, but mostly for John, no longer a soldier or a surgeon, sitting alone in an ill-fitting t-shirt trying to feel his fingertips."

The rhythms in that are perfect. And it's an image that's going to stay with me for a long time, every bit as much as if I'd watched it on the screen.

Thanks.

Chai
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
That was brilliant. More please.