Reviews for Mission to Dol Guldur
Jocelyn chapter 7 . 10/1/2002
Sorry I haven't been reviewing much lately. But rest assured I have at least been reading.

I had wondered how much post-traumatic-stress Legolas would have over this incident. Not many people would survive unmoved from an encounter with the Nazgul, along with the death of a friend.

I REALLY like Taniquel and Alfiel, they seem like good and loyal friends, the kind of sidekicks that every hero should have. Oh, and Pavisel of course. So the elves have heart-to-heart chats with their horses! Cute, cute, cute!

Sooo, what's that devious little prince and his buddy up to now? Hmmm, this is definitely interesting!

Update soon! (Not that I've any right to ask, considering what a slowpoke I've been!)
TreeHugger chapter 7 . 10/1/2002
Yes, Jay! What IS he up to? That was a cliffhanger of sorts, though I it sounds like a fun one.

Legolas' nightmares were terrifying and very heartbreaking. I am sure that none of them could sleep that night.

Gandalf must have been very disconcerted by the winged beasts if he seemed unsure as to what they were. So he does not know everything.

Tani is a great friend. I really like her!

Okay, what is going on? Curiosity is eating at me!

Bainpeth chapter 6 . 9/29/2002
I really liked this one - and it's prequel. I enjoyed the way you wrote the one about Legolas dying by lighting, but I kept wishing that they were wrong, that he would come back to life.

At least he's still ours to play with here and no one has banned LOTR fan fic. Keep up the good work.
TreeHugger chapter 6 . 9/16/2002
Well, what a fast wrap up and on to the next story! Let me say first that I am very glad that it was Mithrandir's "fireworks" and not the Nazgul's! You really had me worried! :) Whew!

So now they now the threat that is growing in DOl Guldur! I am glad to see that THranduil is indeed good and wise in this, taking the measures he needs to ensure the preservation of his realm and his people.

I love your OC's. They are fantastic and please continue to use them! Also - Troll Hunting sounds very, very fun! Can't wait!

ccg chapter 5 . 9/13/2002
I read it..

..and I loved it! :)

I'm very sorry for not reviewing the last chapter. I didn't see that you had updated. These were both great chapters! I DO want to know what's going to happen! Please do continue!
LegolasGirl666 chapter 5 . 9/10/2002
hey,

i love this story and i do hope you review i really want to know what is going to happen to the three companions. please hurry and review.
Raider314 chapter 5 . 9/10/2002
er, i read it! i did! now that there's some action, i am inclined to keep reading! just a note: start new paragraphs when a new person speaks, as this makes dialogue easier to read. it gets confusing when there isn't any separation between narration and dialogue.
Little My chapter 4 . 9/10/2002
Eeeeek! How did I miss 3 chapters?

Great. I just get attached to your original characters, and then you start killing them off!

Very well done - I would imagine that the mortality rate in Mirkwood would be quite high. But the description of Legolas having to kill his friend to save her was just heart wrenching! Not to mention Math'rin's harp, smashed and broken in the road...

Looking forward to the next chapter... or maybe not, depending on what's happening when they get back home!
TreeHugger chapter 5 . 9/10/2002
JAY! What are you doing!

I am glad to see Mithrandir is here, but JAY! How horrible for he and Thranduil to have to watch the Elves fleeing the Orcs, then see them turn to make a stand which they can't hope to win, only to have this unknown "thing" happen! What is it? What new devilry is this?

I hope you are typing the next chapter even now! Or an arrow will be flying at you! ;)

TreeHugger chapter 4 . 9/10/2002
JAY! You must be the most sadistic, ruthless writer I have encountered! First let me say that like Taniquiel I would wonder if I could do it, too. That would be so hard, yet it would be the best thing to do. What a decision to have to make.

NOW -look what you did! You killed Math'rin! How many will die before you are finished! To think I agonized over killing some of my characters! How do you do it!

Now they are afraid the Orcs have already been at Lasgalen?

TreeHugger chapter 3 . 9/10/2002
ARGH! Shades of JastaElf's story here! Oh, how horrible! You really know how to make us like your characters and look what you do to them! Jay! How can you do this! this was heartbreaking and oh - so chilling!

Jocelyn chapter 5 . 9/10/2002
Argh! (Slapping myself on the forehead.) I'm SO SORRY I missed reviewing the last two updates. I've been reduced to lurking a lot now that school's back on.

I most certainly do want to know what happens! So the Nazgul are actually familiar with the leaders of Mirkwood. Interesting. Doesn't bode very well for Legolas, does it? I really thought it had been Legolas who was taken in the previous chapter. Good little device right there, even if it was MEAN! (Glare) :-)

Wow. The end of this chapter is a cliffhanger for certain! Yikes! So was it lightning or just some nasty Nazgul trick? And since they are already interested in Legolas...uh-oh. Or could Mithrandir have been the source of the lightning? (I hope.)

Update soon, and believe me, people are reading this. I'll try to remember to drop a review, AND you're going on my faves list. Your writing is well worthy of some praise.
Zan8 chapter 3 . 9/3/2002
I really enjoy your stories! I read the other one too, but I forgot to review (oops!) Anyway please don't give up on this story I'd love to hear more of it!
Zan8 chapter 3 . 9/3/2002
wellduh chapter 3 . 9/2/2002
Aww, poor Elentia...you didn't HAVE to do that, did you? *sigh* I guess maybe you did...but I'm waiting for the next chapter!
56 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »