Reviews for Snowflake Snippets
UnofficialBrideOfPeregrinTook chapter 3 . 9/27/2013
I am smiling like an idiot right now. These were perfect! I do hope you write more. :)
UnofficialBrideOfPeregrinTook chapter 2 . 9/27/2013
Hahahaha poor Peter. And Edmund's snowball war is so ridiculously... Edmund. I could just see Lucy dancing with bare feet in the snow, and Susan dancing until she dropped. :)
Slayergirl chapter 3 . 1/10/2013
Looking forward to the next instalment!
lifechiaroscuro chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
I know this sounds cliche, but that was sweet. And quite merry, though I certainly don't envy the hangover Peter will have in the morning.

Great new chapter!

Caity :)
Saoirse7 chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
Very nice. :) This one was such a cheerful Christmas celebration. I love all the detail you're putting in, by the way.
MCH chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
I have spent a few christmas that had " all the mirth and embarrassment and frustration and warmth of a Christmas spent with family." But what a good time I had as did the Pevensie at Anvard with Lune his Queen and his sons. You can also see that the rulers of Anvard care for the Narnian Kings and Queen and are giving help in a way that is not patronizing to the young Kings and Queens.

Hope Peter will be aloud to recover quietly but some how I don't thing Edmund will let him if his reaction to to Peter "smack in the face from a frosty branch" is anything to go by.

Chapter is just the right length full of descriptions of a very happy Christmas.
Shukumei4U chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
Beautiful! :)
Gaia was Framed chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
I don't think it was too long at all. This was a nice glimpse into the national character of Archenland. I loved the jollity of Lune, and it was so cute meeting Cor and Corin as toddlers. Also, it was very nice to meet their mom, since we know she doesn't have long to live (do you have a name for her?).

LOL at Lune taking the boys out for "man time" and Peter getting smashed - first getting literally smashed in the face with a branchful of snow, second getting "smashed" by the strong Archenlandish wine, which he apparently can't handle. Good old Susan making sure Edmund and Lucy don't get hammered :-) Then there's Lune trying to get Ed and Lu to sing lays of ancient battles with him; I just read Beowulf in English class and I can only imagine how those sound.

And the food! That has to be the best description of a feast since Redwall (R.I.P. Brian Jacques), and the menfolk's eagerness to stuff their faces contrasted with the more delicate eating habits of the women makes me think of Laura Ingalls Wiider's Farmer Boy :-D

All in all, it was great and I look forward to the next chapter!

narniagirl11 chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
Ha! I loved it! Lune seems like a very jolly, warm, welcoming man. And I love how Susan let Cor play with her hair. And how the Queen and Lune decided to make the Pevensies their extended family. Oh, and I liked Edmund ducking under the branches after Peter already got hit with one. Funny. :) And I liked the ending where they all were together and Peter fell asleep on the rug. Poor boy.
I think I would enjoy a good Narnian or Archen Christmas. They seem wild and fun, yet there are wonderful moments of silence and warmth.
WillowDryad chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
Oh, what a jolly Christmas for all of them. Poor Peter will be sick in the morning, and I hope he's learned his lesson.

Lovely. :)
Miniver chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
Don't apologize for the length. In fact, these shouldn't be any shorter. They are full of wonderful details and glimpses of the Four and how they become part of Narnia and grow into their roles as Kings and Queens. I love that the Archenlandish Queen is able to share with Susan a bit about the tasks incumbent on a chatelaine, so she doesn't have to figure out everything for herself. One sees the beginning of a mentor-protege relationship between Lune and Peter, so that he too doesn't have to shoulder the entire burden of learning his duties on his own. I'm sure Aslan would be pleased at the way the "first family" of Anvard has involved itself in the lives of the Narnians. I also love your point at the end about the "mirth and embarrassment and frustration and warmth of a Christmas spent with family." Such a great characterization of a holiday spent together with loved ones, whether in Narnia or here, with all its happy contradictions.
Miniver chapter 2 . 12/21/2012
I love the variety of settings that this story structure promises. The image of a frosty forest scene is very vivid, with wonderful details like the vapor of their breath on the cold air. The coming-together of so many different kinds of Narnians is wonderful, as is the release of emotion after a hundred years of doing without. I'm glad you use Oreius here; he's one of the best movieverse contributions to Narnian lore. Thanks for this bracing helping of Christmas flavor!
narniagirl11 chapter 2 . 12/20/2012
Aww, very sweet. Such a lovely Christmas story. I've been fighting desperately with my own. :)
Peter better watch out for all those girls! Ha, I hope Edmund, ahem, accidentally hits one in the face with a snowball. Loved the line about Oreius. And Lucy and Mr. Tumnus with the shoes! Ha! So cute and so Lucy! And then Susan, yes, she is the queen of the party. Just lovely! Can't wait to read more!
crestoflight3 chapter 2 . 12/19/2012
This was beyond belief wonderful to read. I hope you continue it!
Gaia was Framed chapter 2 . 12/18/2012
I want to go to a Narnian Christmas party sometime, they sound amazing!

As I stated in my last review, I love all the detail you've put into this - the Dwarves drumming, and Mr. Tumnus and the shoes, or Oreius thinking of Edmund as a "dark colt King" (that was so cute!). They're like the little marshmallows in hot chocolate. It's also nice to see Susan let herself go and have fun for once, instead of fretting over whether she'll undignify herself.

My favorite part was probably Peter getting attacked under the mistletoe by all those girls, his "distinct aura of self-satisfaction", and the mortified reaction of the prepubescent Edmund, who would much rather get snowballed in the face by Otters and Centaurs. Realistic and very funny.

Looking forward to more!