Reviews for Lady Firehammer
Paul McKinnon chapter 2 . 4/28
If you kill Thorin... I'm coming for you. Personaly.
kblatz chapter 64 . 1/20
Please update and finish this story. I love it and can't wait to see how it ends.
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 64 . 1/16
Swear to God, I think I'm crying more now than when I actually saw the movie. Just, just, omg. It's heartbreaking. It really, really is. None of them, not even Thorin, deserved to die. ESPECIALLY Thorin, in this! Everything was finally going to be okay. They'd wed properly so that she could be recognized as Queen of Erebor, their son would be born healthy and raised happy, they'd rule together until the end of their eyes. But no. No, the fucking orcs had to get in the way. -breaks down into sobbing- Thooooori-hi-hi-hin! Excuse me while I sob endlessly into my pillow.
Datrix chapter 38 . 1/11
Lovely story, truely!
biddle29 chapter 64 . 12/21/2014
You know you're making me cry right now? It doesn't help that I just went to see the hobbit...I'm crying over it now though, in the theater I was too shocked to cry.
sassygirl9811 chapter 64 . 12/18/2014
What about the baby?!
GoTeamSkipper chapter 64 . 12/17/2014
At first I read this chapter thinking it only took place a few years after the last chapter... mainly because I didn't pay attention to the dates, and that left me very confused as to who Thorin III was. Now I figured that out. I appreciate the part between Lina and Thranduil, and although Thranduil remains one of my favorite characters and I don't think he is quite as high and mighty as everyone writes him (I think it is merely a mask), I think this was really well written! Plus with Lina's grief, everything written seemed really plausable. The time frame was a little confusing however, but that might just be me.
I hope you put in some detail about this Thorin III! Is he like his father? His mother? His cousins?

Skipper
Fire Black Dragon chapter 64 . 12/17/2014
I know what you men by loose ends. Even when Tolkien wrote the books and there was a peaceful end, I felt that the 3rd movie wasn't fully done once Bilbo was sent back to Bag End. They could've had more scenes with the dwarves to continue the film with.
biddle29 chapter 63 . 12/9/2014
NO! PLEASE UPDATE WITH AN EPILOGUE! THIS CHAPTER UPSET ME SO MUCH! I'M CRYING RIGHT NOW! :'(
biddle29 chapter 62 . 12/9/2014
YES! SHE FINALLY KNOWS!
GoTeamSkipper chapter 63 . 12/7/2014
Oh my. I didn't realize I would finish this story today. Lady Firehammer was in her old glory, with her hammer flaming. I didn't cry when Fili and Kili died, but as soon as Dwalin and the other dwarf started carrying them I did. Thank you for having them die defending Thorin and each other. I already know that in the ridiculous movie they have wonderful Kili die defending an ELF, so i truly appreciate that you have stayed true to the book. And Thorin, dear Thorin. If I were Lina, I do not know how I would live without him. At least he is cured from his gold sickness now. *sobs* I was rather hoping for them to talk before he died... but you finished it well. Excited for an epilogue - or possibly sequels?
What a story. Thank you.

GoTeamSkipper
GoTeamSkipper chapter 62 . 12/7/2014
Oh my word I am completely in love with this story! Due to college I wasn't able to read it all in a day or two, but have been spending the last few weeks reading a few chapters on most nights, and then spent most of this morning finishing it. At first I was a little hesitant of a ThorinxOC match and a female warrior as a main character (most of the time they are extremely cliche), but I was soon drawn into this wonderful story. I wish I had enough words to explain how much I have enjoyed it! Lina is a wonderful character, and I love your depictions of Thorin, Dwalin, Balin, and all of their dwarf friends like Kira and her earlier friends that are with her no more. I enjoy the brotherly interactions between Fili and Kili (something that I missed in the movies). They are adorable, and the whole Kitta thing has me dreading the end. You are causing me to fall in love with all of these already loved characters in a new way, with some new ones added (Lina).
I am curious as to how this story will go. I know you have posted another chapter, but I will save it for later tonight. I am very worried about Thorin and this darkness and refusing to listen to Lina. It it is so very unlike the sweet man that showed her the memories of his mind not long beforehand. I miss the real Thorin! It also makes me sad that they are all growing old. Considering I have read most of her life story in a matter of weeks, it is very bittersweet. I do wonder what will happen to the baby!
Thank you so much for this story, I only wish I had come upon it sooner! I very much enjoy your writing.

GoTeamSkipper
sassygirl9811 chapter 63 . 12/7/2014
I'M DEAD THAT'S IT I'M SO DEAD! LINA WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! PLEASE LET THE BABY SURVIVE!
sassygirl9811 chapter 62 . 12/6/2014
WOoOoOoOoOoO! I CAN'T WAIT FOR LINA TO TELL THORIN! I SWEAR TO GOD THOUGH IF SHE LOSES THE BABY THEN I WILL DIE!
CookandBaker chapter 62 . 12/6/2014
That was a SHOCKER. I used to read this fic and now am back to it. Update soon, pleeeeease?