Reviews for Awakening
Eregnar chapter 10 . 5/9/2013
Well. I made it through. Today was an open-minded day I guess. I probably won't be reading it again though. Honestly, it came across as sort of rape-y, with Stonewall more or less backed into a corner and Kali not in her right mind and all. And poor Stonewall, being thrown out like that.
Eregnar chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Ok. I don't typically read M-rated fics, but I like Stone a lot, so I'm going to give this a try. However, please don't be offended if I decide it's too much and stop reading.
SerendipityAEY chapter 10 . 1/7/2013
Sad ending, but sex demons can be complicated I suppose.

** "Obi-Wan won't be pleased."

Obi-Wan. Kalinda remembered the involuntary grimaced that came to her face at the mention of his name. It seems like we just managed to work through all of our issues, too. What mess I've made of things.**

Awwww, indeed...

I enjoy seeing Obi here though it's not the best of circumstances. I love his caring - I think that would be very natural of him, and I love that he's not truly 'upset' I think that's in character for him too, very much. Overall, the way he cares for Kali is very touching here and I enjoy it. Though I no longer wish it was him there with *her* - Kali was meant to be there with Stone - that line always makes me smile, because I have to agree times a million, I love his moment of level humor and good nature.

Again, Stone's devotion to her is moving, and indicative, I think and I've always loved the last line. Great job
SerendipityAEY chapter 9 . 1/7/2013
There's something about her saying 'I want you' in this context that is so... *much* I feel like the words have so much weight and meaning, they're powerful, but they're such simple words. It says a lot about the writing. And the way she needs him again, and then again - I love that, really sexy, but more too. His automatic devotion to her is really moving and touching :)

And they win! yay!
SerendipityAEY chapter 8 . 1/7/2013
Mmmmmmm... Ben... What lovely dreams those must've been. At least they would be for me, I think. More Ben, I want :)

** Nothing is known of what became of him and the matter was largely forgotten until now."**

Very mysterious! This makes me curious. I love the suspense you weave into your stories, even in small pieces.
SerendipityAEY chapter 7 . 1/7/2013

**From here, he planted a series of soft kisses – brushes with his lips, really – along her skin, and when she began to whisper his name, he was certain that there was no better sound in the galaxy.**

I don't really have words except this whole part is really, really nice. And I love the after, as well. I love cuddling, and it just has this amazing, warm, cozy feeling as she falls asleep in his arms, very lovely.

The 'gossiping' is just ugh, but of course we can't be surprised, it's bound to happen, but it impedes on what is such a private, intimate moment for Stone, and important too, for him. He gets past it though, because he's a good man.
SerendipityAEY chapter 6 . 1/7/2013
Mmmmm, nothing better than the springs of Mundali!

The tinge of sadness is inevitable, but sometimes we have to trust things will work out, it just takes time and pain, sometimes. I appreciate Kali's attitude here, it's nice to read.

Sometimes I wish I had a Jedi - well, okay, Obi-Wan - to talk me through those tough moments!

**"It means that we should take our happiness when and where we can find it. "**

A beautiful sentiment, lovely
SerendipityAEY chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
Their chemistry is so warm, and then hot - this thing growing between them is a pleasure to read just based on how you've written that - so well - alone. There's nothing quite as sexy, or at least not more sexy, then a man who wants to give, and Stone is so eager to learn, and so happy when he's able to give to her - I love reading that.

**"I can hope," he managed to choke out.**

This has always been one of my favorite lines :)
LongLiveTheClones chapter 7 . 12/31/2012
You've done a masterful job distilling this from the original version and maintaining the heat. I know I've said that before, but I admire it as each chapter goes by.

Poor Stonewall, though. He showed admirable restraint in not breaking that trooper's arm when he insulted Kalinda. I think that alone shows his burgeoning feelings.

And, whoa... talk about awkward... the conversation with General Tallis about the "state of things." Although I chuckled, I cringed at the same time. Very well written.

For some reason, after reading about the food choices, it gave me a craving for chocolate pudding. And, then, I could almost here the whispering of the gossips. I thought Stonewall handled it well, then, not getting bothered by it the second time and just thinking of his good fortune. He is truly taking the Jedi teachings to heart and living in the moment.
fanmanbookman chapter 5 . 12/26/2012
good chapter can't wait to read more
SerendipityAEY chapter 4 . 12/24/2012
The connection they form is so immediate and natural, it's just like their chemistry is supposed to be, even despite the potential awkwardness and angsty-ness of the situation it turns out to be a beautiful and lovely thing (though it does still make me feel really really bad for Obi!)

I like how Stone is innocent, but still so masculine. They work beautifully together, sexy and natural. Very nice and I love the detail of her glowing eyes
fanmanbookman chapter 4 . 12/24/2012
good chapter, though i find its moving faster than in Rex's, than again the situation did call for it to advance faster but i hope you can keep the story going almost as long, anyways update soon i can't wait.
LongLiveTheClones chapter 4 . 12/24/2012
Wow. Having read the original version, I think you did an amazing job with the "fade to black" moments while still maintaining the original intensity of the original.

The intensity between these two characters is so... whoa. I was thrilled to see this story come back again. Stonewall and Kali are so amazing and this is such a great set-up between the two of them with the forced situation of the "cure" pushing them together in this moment of very heated passion.

"I'm sorry, Stone," she whispered, running a hand along his face. "Your first time should be special. It shouldn't be like this."

" special," he managed to sputter, which caused her to chuckle again, though neither of them said anything more for a few minutes.

Ha ha ha. Great piece of dialogue.

There were several lines that were also pure poetry:

So he kissed her, drinking in the taste of her breath as though his life depended on it.

The descriptions here feel so real:

Beneath his hands her skin was burning hot; the once-torrid air felt cool by comparison, and was overcome with the understanding that he could kiss her forever, but would happily settle for right now.

So intense. It feels like you are in the room with them. OK, well, that would be awkward. Just... well, lucky Kali...
SerendipityAEY chapter 2 . 12/22/2012
I love the mystery and the supernatural woven into this piece especially, but with the other stories at well. I remember when I first read this I was just astounded - It's so unique and original and you use it so well. Instead of the supernatural being a gimmick, like too much frosting to try to add something catchy to an otherwise boring story - here it just adds layers and layers of depth and interest to already fantastic, filled out characters. It makes it just so, so, so good to read. It's like a hallmark of your writing, and you're exceptional at it. One of the (out of many) reasons you are one of my favorite writers.
SerendipityAEY chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
It's really lovely, especially in this chapter, seeing the way that Stone just cares for her - it's a deep kind of - really compassionate love - and it's shown in many ways throughout this. I know later there's a lot of confusion about what each of them are really feeling, oh the angst, but we know that this is true love - and I think it's obvious here, even if it takes longer to figure out. Of course I feel sad for Obi left behind; I think he could quite skillfully defeat such a possession... and I'd love to see him try! Out of professional curiosity, of course! But he's not meant to be here.

Honi is just... sigh, lol, delightful... so blunt, so honest, and very young, in a way. It's like she doesn't quite have the concept of love at all. Yet.

** You are able to, aren't you?"**

Oh, Honi! I don't know whether to laugh or groan!

**It was his turn to frown. "With respect, what I want isn't the point, General Tallis."**

And this is like the zenith of understanding his feelings - it proves so clearly that he does love her, even if it means not loving her. So much more than desire. But he will do what he must, of course