Reviews for Return of The Great Cat and Mouse
Kudo Yuichi chapter 29 . 5/24
I love this fanfiction so muchhhh! I usually read this at your devian art, and I'm always excited when I see the new chapter from this storyyyy!
I never thought Kunz is the villain, and I'm glad that it's not Archibald. I like Archibald personality and also the other characters. But Kunz is really mean.
Love it, keep it up!
SopranoCat chapter 29 . 4/25
I am -this- close to table-flipping that we have multiple so-called 'genius' detectives, a German-named German-speaking cat doll who already dealt with one German-to-English translation clue, and a whole kingdom whose entrance is in Germany, and yet NONE of them have figured 'gift' out yet? ARGH! I've been on edge for chapters, I tell you, chapters!

It's probably good that there's not another chapter or I might have started a Baron, Basil, and Hound voodoo doll set to go with my Librarians set...Over-invested in this story? Meee? Nooooooo. You're so silly.
SopranoCat chapter 9 . 4/25
First you mention the movie of evil and now you ruin my hopes and dreams! ~runs away sobbing~
SopranoCat chapter 8 . 4/25
Jose Carioca?! Cuuuuuurse you! ~firmly sings Ratigan song because the movie-which-shall-not-be-named-theme is evil~ He's OOOONE OOF a KIIIIND...
SopranoCat chapter 6 . 4/25
Oh my god, is Rattigan Haru's father?! He's Haru's father, isn't he? He's totally Haru's father. If he's Haru's father I CAN have my 'everyone has a happy ending' ending! ~squee shatters a window~

Um...I'll be quiet and read the story now...
SopranoCat chapter 4 . 4/25
Ooh, it's Felicia! Maybe Felicia will fall in love with Muta! And choose her new love over Ratigan's plan! "You'd choose your beau over Daddy?!" And Ratigan will be so sad that his little girl is growing up and marrying away from him that he gives up. And...and...reforms upon dealing with adorable grandkittens! And everyone lives happily ever after!

Hey...it could happen...somewhere... . .
Catsafari chapter 7 . 4/22
Wait... was Rattigan Haru's pet when she was a kid? Man, that is one long-lived rat. Ah, and now we get Mouse Haru! I knew I had seen pictures of her somewhere. Honestly, send the girl to England and she gets turned into a mouse; she really didn't have the best of luck, does she?
Catsafari chapter 6 . 4/22
I knew it! I knew there was something fishy with Clive! But what could Rattigan want with Haru? She's just an ordinary human, apart from the chaos she caused in the Cat Kingdom, and her ties with the Cat Bureau, and how could he be sure she'd be in England? Hmmm
MadUnderTheHat chapter 29 . 4/21
My friend! You are back! I know life tends to catch up to the best of us, but I'm always so friggin' overjoyed whenever you update (and not gonna lie, the moment I saw you had posted it was around midnight, and I woke up my roommate from how loud I squealed in excitement XD).

NOOOOOOO TOTO! To be honest, I kinda expected that outcome, but ITS STILL SO SAD! I wonder how this will take effect. What is the last wish gonna be then? How is it all gonna end? I have a feeling we're getting close to seeing that, aren't we? Maybe a few more chapters in, eh?-at least now we get to move on a little bit more with the storyline.

But I really have to hand it to you Sindy: I've been re-reading this story after a long time and I can really tell how this story has grown, and your writing along with it. It all started so simply, to think that in these later chapters you've managed to add complex story arcs within the original frame, while still managing to keep all the character personalities both intact and unique (hard to do, given how similar some of them are like the three detectives). I've always had really high praise for this story given how unique it is in its concept, and now that it seems to be coming to a close, I feel a big sense of nostalgia since I've followed this story along for so long-and even so, I still feel as if you deserve even more credit for how I've seen your writing grow. 3

I look forward to what comes next as always, and please don't rush through the next few chapters-take your time as always, and hope your life outside of the web is going super well. Take care!

Hugs,
Mad
Rose.M.Rainwave chapter 29 . 4/21
YOU KILLED HIM!
Catsafari chapter 4 . 4/20
Felicia! I recognised the description and had to Google her to see if it fitted, but then you referred to her by name, so it must be her! Oooh.

Also, thank you Muta, for not beating around the bush and going straight for "but he's just a mouse, let's eat him" logic. Savage. I mean, I'm sure Ratigan is more than capable of delivering his threats, but it was nice to see that part not being skated over.

Catsafari chapter 3 . 4/20
I also forgot to mention this before, so I'm glad you've changed POV again, but it's pretty interesting that you've chosen to write snippets from Baron's POV, first person. You don't often see that; usually it's limited third person, and even that is usually from Haru's POV. It's different.

I find the fact that Muta's like, "pfft criminal mastermind who?" considering the fact that he himself was so infamous in the Cat Kingdom that he had murals of his misdeeds. I don't know what to expect in this story (although I have been warned about a love triangle; looking forward to that) but I'm also looking forward to seeing how Muta deals with the upcoming plotline.

Catsafari chapter 2 . 4/20
It's me again! (I've promised myself to stop lurking and get back into the habit of leaving reviews.)

I'm not very familiar with the GMD fandom/fanfiction, but you seem to have caught everyone's characters nicely, from Basil's mood swings, to Dawson dealing with the niceties that Basil forgets. There's a little tense confusion - you swing between past and present tense - but from what I've read of your more recent stuff, I know you don't struggle with that so much anymore.

I think I remember fanart (InYuJi?) of this story, and I definitely remember seeing a picture of Clive.

(Oh, and baddies never die until you've found the body. Even then, it's debatable.) (I mean, Sherlock himself survived a similar fall, so...)

Catsafari chapter 1 . 4/20
I think I read the beginning of this story before, but truth be told I forgot about it until recently.

(TCRMommaBear was so excited by your latest chapter that she thundered onto messenger to tell me, and that's when I remembered this again.)

There's some punctuation funk in places, but the story carries over well enough. (Everyone's first foray into fanfic has typos, anyway.) I don't know why there aren't more TCR/GMD crossovers, since they're both kinda similar in places, what with animal worlds/civilisations and all that.

I look forward to reading the rest of it!

Giulietta chapter 28 . 1/4
I love so much your fan fiction!

You write so smoothly and in a great way that I can easily image the expressions and actions of characters. 3

I can't wait to read the next chapter!