Reviews for Tidings of Comfort and Joy
Guest chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
This is terrific. Little touch of supernatural, and lots of insight into Scott and Johnny. You captured them so well, without all the flowery prose and histrionics that some writers employ. I enjoy (almost) all Lancer stories, but yours are little gems.
solista chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Sounds like a good future for the Lancers
PKatt19 chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Lovely story, so descriptive and true to the characters. Thank you for sharing!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Lovely and richly detailed story. Beautifully done. (:
Pacifica chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Thank you, I really enjoyed your story.

I liked how you made the older women have some sort of 2nd sight. It was comforting to know that fate had decreed the boys and Murdoch would all be reunited and also happy in their future. That's what we hope for all of them.

Lines that I especially liked:

"The proclivity of getting shot seemed to run in the family." Too too true.

"his words turned to mist by the cold..."

"An odd question, straight to the heart, and Johnny was too pale for it."

You did a wonderful job with Scott. He was often too hard on himself; he expected to be able to solve all the world's problems and injustices. I agree that he would be drawn into politics in the new State as a means to do something for others.

thank you again. P.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
What a lovely vignette! Both Scott and Johnny are so recognizable. And what a lovely vision of their future - I always thought Johnny would be content at Lancer for the rest of his life, and that Scott would find a way to use his education and diplomatic skills without wandering too far from his family home! Thanks for sharing!
Shallowz chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
I think any fic that avoids the chrissmassy sap deserves a medal. This one more than qualifies for the medal and even more so for the matter-of-fact dealing with the oops of one brother shooting another without all the wallowing in angst that can come with that situation. You scored on both counts!

Love this.:)