Reviews for Presentiment
The Anomalocaris chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
Riki has the right idea. Don't just stand there and let the Veteran Yozel eat you with no consequence. Learn to eat it back! Bite into its wolfy hide and savor the taste! Strip the flesh from its bones using only your teeth and show nature that you are the top of the food chain personified! Make Veteran Yozel kabobs, seasoned with Blue Turnip and the salty tears of its hunting pack because screw you, wolf thing! You're only good enough to be my sustenance! *Breaks down in a Cave Johnson-esque coughing fit*
014029 chapter 1 . 4/21/2015
ohhh i really enjoyed your interpretation of the game, great work
TyrantChimera chapter 1 . 2/25/2015
A rather interesting way of dealing with the game mechanics and story mechanics, yet it makes quite a bit of sense. That's the 'Monado' for ya...
Vykktor chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
One again, I definitely enjoyed your work. You are a truly talented writer. I definitely thought the whole idea of the Monado controlling those sorts of in-game features is an innovative touch. I liked it.
Martin III chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Another fine piece from you. This is more of a fragment than a real story, but it works at that. All the cast are in-character and nicely understated, and the opening sequence is intense. I like how Shulk is so agitated after the vision; it helps the intensity of that opening feel real, rather than just a fake-out.

It's a good thing you have those author's notes, because the line "despite the number of times they completely... arrived too late for anything" made me think of some of the bits in "A Hunter's Life" - it didn't occur to me that this stuff was meant seriously. I like the idea, though. Xenoblade Chronicles is unusual in that it has a means (namely, the Monado) by which gameplay mechanics such as manipulating the time might have an in-universe analogue. Good on you for picking up on that, because I sure didn't.