Reviews for We Are Raw
SiriusBlackSeriously chapter 9 . 11/28
This story is amazing! Are you planning on coming back to it? I totally understand if not :)
Hey man I know you have a busy life but please if you get the time in the future, please finish the story it's just too good
Hope you do come back to this story.
Sparrowhawk42 chapter 9 . 9/21
I enjoyed this a lot. But you said you wouldn't abandon unless you're dead. Are you dead?
I hope you can finish this story :-) this is an amazing story and I'd love to see it finished :-)
Just have to point out that this is why people thought you would abandon the story. It's been almost two years since the last update.

Love it, but I'm kind of sad I started reading it since it looks like it won't be finished. I hate being left hanging.
Vicky Tzalachani chapter 1 . 9/11
Hi! This story was fantastic! Please update it soon!
Vicky Tzalachani chapter 9 . 9/10
Will you please continue this story?
sherlollypop chapter 9 . 7/22
I really hope you come back to this storyI've read it a few times now and I really want to know how it's gonna end. One of the best stories I've read, and not just for the charmed show but in general
So, I wanted to drop a few words here, or, well, maybe not so few, but then one can't, or perhaps shouldn't, simply comment on something from memory, & so I ended up reading every last word of your nearly 60k gem for the 5th time. Not that I'm complaining, no ma'am ~_

Okay, I do know this is rather ridiculous, but I'm weird that way, so, I hope you'll forgive my ruining the lovely symmetry of the number of reviews you had before I added my comment... now that's out of the way, let the rant begin.

Before I say anything else, I definitely need to gush over your wonderful story. I love it. I love the fluidity of your writing, & I love the attention for detail in your world building, & I'm totally gone for your story. It's absolutely fantastic, & beautiful, & sad, & engaging, & I'm so very grateful you chose to share it with us, thank you. It's irrelevant that we're in mid 2017 now, or how good or not so good the series of Charmed sometimes was; what is relevant is that the addition of Time-Traveling!Chris(& Evil!Wyatt) to the often confused universe of Charmed was very inspired, & that there are some great fanfiction that came up from that, & that your story, with the grand world within it, is indeed brilliant.

Now, I don't have a clear idea on how this will go. I guess I'll just rant & see where that takes me.

So, this one happens every time I start reading your story, 1st & latest time no exception, every time I do I'm hoping Chris would be less closed, & that he'd throw a bone, or maybe half one, at the Charmed sisters & Leo when they start on their rabid dog routine & interrogate him about Piper & Leo's 2nd child. Granted, they would most probably sit on it(the bone) for a couple of hours, then suddenly jump up like their pants are on fire, making declarations such as 'but he lies', 'what if he had lied', 'why should we believe him', & 'of course we can, we're the Charmed Ones after all', & then throw their hasty spell anyway. Not much of a difference, really, but at least Chris would have tried.

And speaking of hastily thrown spells, thanks a million times over for making this one about their need to know that the threatened 2nd child is in fact fine & existing. This way you made it easier for us to sympathize with the sister's(& Leo's) shock & confusion over what they found on the other side of the looking glass. I'm sure you're well aware of the astounding amounts of fanfiction where the sisters want something from Chris, Chris says 'future consequences', the sisters start throwing spells & potions at said Chris, truth is found, & everyone lives happily, or not, with hardly anyone calling them out on their complete disregard for the basic right of privacy or personal boundaries, not to mention misuse of magic. Personal gain isn't about putting a room to order after it had been trashed in a battle, nor is it about using your natural gifts(which happen to include magical abilities in this case) to move about or get things done, it's about using magic to get what you want with little to no regard to what & who that might affect.

See? Told I'm going to rant _

And since I brought other stories into this, might as well get to the next point. I honestly don't recall if the time passage in the present/past ran in a sort of parallel to its passage in the future within the show, however this seems to be the way in nearly all the stories I happened upon that include additional time travel, or even mention events happening in both time periods. So if Chris has been in the past for say 3 months, & someone comes after him from the future, or maybe someone or more from the past travel(s) to the future, they arrive from/at a point in the future where Chris has left 3 months ago. It rarely goes any other way. And while it's your story, & you have absolute freedom & control over what goes within it, I can't help but feel that in a world where you struggle to live from day to day, while waiting for death or for an improvement that Chris' mission might bring about, all within a war zone, I can't help but feel that a year-long period is far, far, far too much. Seriously, with that kind of uncertainty even two months is too much, especially with the absence of the (main)leader of your group. Things are sitting precariously on a cliff as it is.

Which brings me to my next point(yeah, sorry, it seems I have many of those), that also happens to be about time(well, it's a time travel story that I'm passionate about, & I happen to be listening to Time's Scar at the moment, so...). So, Chris returns to his time where a year has passed, but things are almost the same to the point where Chris can pretty much continue from where he has left off, a full year ago(no, I will never get over that). Nearly nothing changed, what Chris & the sisters did during a 12-month period in the past hasn't made any tangible improvement on the lives, or the numbers, of the people within the resistance, nor has it affected Wyatt's demon army, as far as anyone could tell. Yet as Chris & co spend a single week in the future, & however long Victor has been under the mercy of baby Wyatt in the past, the situation now is possibly getting worse, if good people ceasing to exist is any indication, all because someone has been doing stuff in the past while Chris & co are away? So only now what changes happen in the past become effective? How come?!

Putting my time travel grievances aside(what can I say? I guess I take my time travel issues very seriously. Time travel can be rather funny that way.), it's truly refreshing to see the sisters & Leo getting over their unreasonable & immature antagonism towards Chris & actually try to build a sort of relationship with him, or at least a kind of understanding towards where he comes from, BEFORE the big revelation. Thank you very much indeed for not going through the route of 'but of course now that we know you're family, we love you & we trust you, even though not 5 minutes before we found out that you are, in fact, family we almost wouldn't have cared if we were told that oops, you died! And that's totally okay'... it's shocking, how many stories where they feel guilty, not because they've treated a desperate person in a dire situation with such hostility & blatant indifference to his plight, but because that person turned out to be part of their exclusive club. And they are supposed to be good people! Again, thanks for not making the sisters & Leo so impossible to tolerate or sympathize with.

While I'm on the subject of the sisters & Leo, it's amazing how willfully blind they can be. They have all the clues, all the right questions, all the little details, all the neon signs, even, yet they won't see what's right in front of them, because they have a preset conviction on how family should be, how they are supposed to present themselves to them(the sisters & Leo), & because they mostly look at Chris through a veil of secrets & lies. Probably that was how it went with Wyatt too; preset ideas & convictions on who & what he is, or is supposed to be, & a veil of willful ignorance, even when someone, namely their other child, was trying to argue to the contrary, they simply won't see what they refuse to see. And so, no successful intervention to help Wyatt early on could ever happen, & then the whole world pays the price. Chris is far too forgiving, in my opinion.

And since I brought up Wyatt, it has to be said how absolutely chilling you made his character to be, & you didn't need 80k words to make it stick, it just is. He does what he does because he can, & he wants to, so why the heck not? And he very much is a psychopath, he wants what's his to be with him, where it(he) should be. Not because he still has so, so much love for Chris despite all his darkness(Wyatt's, not Chris's, seriously), & it's glorious. Of course he wields Excalibur as a right, a symbol, & a source of absolute terror, as should be expected, & the world never had a chance.

You know, some people argue that, what with the constant demon attacks & vanquishes that baby Wyatt was witness to, it's unlikely that being trapped within the dark, horror filled mazes of the Underworld, lost, hungry, miserable, confused, terrified, & completely cut off from the comfort & protection that had always been only a wail or a whimper away, for a week(or was it weeks?), after an aggressive attempt on his life, by someone his parents trusted, all while still a toddler, would be enough to skew his psyche. Clearly I don't agree. But I also think that having to grow up with such a ridiculous list of titles & powers, & all the attention & expectations all that would have garnered, &, you know, Excalibur, had more than provided a gentle push to get him there. Let's face it, realistically speaking, being labeled as Wyatt Matthew Halliwell, The Twice Blessed Child of Prophesy, Wielder of Excalibur, The Reincarnation of King Arthur, The Boy That Stopped Magic, Son of a Charmed One, Guardian of Magic, The Most Powerful Magical Being(& should I add The Forbidden Fruit? no?), all while having enough power to back up all those titles, even without the childhood trauma, & possibly Piper's death, while he might not grow up into a psychotic mass murdering megalomaniac tyrant emperor(wow, more titles!), I doubt he'd ever be a very pleasant person...

I'm sorry if this is too much of a tangent, it's just that Wyatt never made much sense to me. He's like Arthur & Merlin put together, & how can that be, when Arthur had a chance to become King Arthur mainly because he grew up unaware of his potential, while in some retellings of the Excalibur legend Merlin wouldn't even touch the sword because of the too much power converging in one point hazard? It must have royally sucked to be Wyatt's sibling or cousin. There's no way their self esteem would ever have survived being compared to, or even being simply around, that.

Which now leads me to the subject of comparisons, &, well, E
I know it's been two years but I really do hope you come back to this fic. I love it and it's a really cool concept on this story and would love to see how it ends. :-)
galatea93 chapter 9 . 6/18
I know you hadn't updated in a while but I really do like this story and I hope you continue it someday... pretty please!
Hey, I know its not going to make much difference considering the last time this was updated was two years ago, but I really like this story and don't want to see it abandoned. Could you pretty pretty please try to update?
brightflare chapter 9 . 5/22
Very good story, hope you continue it sometime.
Words cannot express how much I love, love, love this story. I've read the progress to date through more times than I can count. I truly hope you return to it someday.