Reviews for The Aces of Razgriz
CyberShockwave chapter 39 . 9/24/2017
Dear Mr. Blaze118,

It’s my belief that fellow writers try and help each other get better. In following out that belief, I feel obliged to review your story. In your effort to create a Blaze that is unique to all the other stories that are on this site, I think you did yourself a disservice with making him too much of everything. Every character has flaws and weaknesses. And I get you tired to have a Blaze who was robbed of his human element, and that would’ve been a great character flaw. If it had ever been fixed. Throughout this story, your Blaze seems to fulfill his role of being a ruthless killer through and through. The moments where he showed any shred of humanity were far and in between, and while I hate using cliche, it was too little too late. Many of your added story elements had little affect on the story because they had little affect on the characters. I found myself lost in strange plot twists, side encounters, and a love triangle I don’t think even TV Tropes has a trope for.

Despite how this all may sound, I want you to know I have much respect for you. I know first hand how much dedication it takes to write a long, complex story, which yours truly is. And to do so for as long as you did, it’s quite a feat. Your story was one of the many that drove me to write my own, and for that, I thank you. Should you like to hear more of my thoughts, please contact me. For now, I leave you with a humble adieu.
Karaya 1 chapter 39 . 9/24/2017
Blaze118,
I don't really know what to say right now. There's a lot of things I can say about this story, but honestly the one word that comes to my mind is confusion. I am confused with the writing, the characters, and the outcome. Let me explain myself a little bit, if you would...

The whole super soldier idea is unfortunately sub-par. It's there there so the main character can bail out of situations no problem. What's even worse about him is that he's so unrelatable, I literally had no sympathy for him whatsoever throughout the story. Honestly, I relate to characters super easy, and when I can't find anything to latch onto...it's not good.

"MUH SUPER SOLDIER GENES" Look, I get it if you want to do some clandestine stuff for the story. But literally having the main character and the gang literally be the only ones who accomplish anything of note whatsoever in the war, It lost me. I always found myself skipping over these sections because personally I didn't find them interesting. They just felt like cliched James Bond reenactments. The whole "Maverick Bond" thing doesn't really play well and I think those parts should be cut entirely. You lose nothing meaningful in doing so.

Four years. I have been keeping an eye on the story from the end of 2013 and honestly I'm super disappointed with how convoluted and muddled it got at the end. I really wanted this story to be good, but it's average at best. You can say I'm just flaming and what not, but seriously man I was rooting for you the whole way. I'm just sad and bummed it didn't deliver in a meaningful way. This story was part of the reason I got started writing on FF, so I was really unhappy to see such a decay. If you want me to discuss my reasoning further, just let me know.

Sincerely,
Karaya 1
Guest chapter 39 . 8/19/2017
I love your story but is Antonio Castille mom and sister still alive
Guest chapter 39 . 8/19/2017
I love your story but is Antonio Castille mom and sister still alive.
Guest chapter 39 . 8/5/2017
Very good story but there nothing that tell about Blaze metting back his mother and sister after the war.
Gargoyle chapter 39 . 7/24/2017
GOD DAMMIT!

My feeeeeeeeeelllllsss.

There's nothing I need to say, incredible story and I honestly was speechless.

I'm just so happy...
War-dog016 chapter 38 . 5/17/2017
So,CHOPPER STILL ALIVE?!THIS STORY GETTIN BETTER MAN!
PulsationOfMusic chapter 38 . 4/30/2017
Oh. My. Fuck. The waits are long, but they're worth it, huh?
Random Useless Info chapter 38 . 4/30/2017
Ermm... Not gonna lie... This chapter kinda... threw me for a loop... Really the past few chapters have been kinda... Out there for me.. I mean, they're amazingly well-written I've just been having some issues following what's going on... Maybe it's just me...
Lt. Maverick114 chapter 37 . 3/15/2017
this end sucks, why would Antonio be a deserter?!
War-Dog016 chapter 37 . 2/9/2017
Dude!,can you please update it faster?,further i reads it the more interesting the story please update it sooner,eh?
Kylesilos22 chapter 37 . 2/8/2017
Can we NOT have Blaze become a traitor plz
Z. Foxx chapter 37 . 1/4/2017
Great story! It's kinda sad to see Blaze turn against Kei and Naomi, but it's also understandable. He's not going to kill Naomi, is he?
Gargoyle One chapter 37 . 12/30/2016
You always did have my support, and you always will.
Mr.ANBUninja chapter 37 . 12/29/2016
Wow...I have a sudden urge to deck him now...gg